Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: m3u playlist - songs do not respond!!!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey all, i had recently made playlists of all my songs on WinAMP, and in VDJ after loading it into the playlist window, i dragged a track onto the deck,(as usual) but it does not respond, not even a single song!! And also, they cannot even be analysed...cos they do not respond at all... I even tried copying the playlist into the playlist folder of VDJ, but still nothing. I also tried the option "Bring this playlist in Files window" , and even that did nothing... plese help me out with this.. as im sure many people have come across a similar problem.
peace.

Posted Mon 30 May 05 @ 6:32 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Did you move your files with a browser out of VDJ ?

Try to:
1) Exit out of VDJ if it is open
2) Delete your file "mp3database.txt"
3) Restart VDJ and do a database scan (not extended)

Posted Mon 30 May 05 @ 8:48 am
Thanks clax, but after doing all that, i still have the same problem... i can use the database to search for the song i need from all the songs, but still i need to use the playlist...
Any thoughts?

Posted Mon 30 May 05 @ 11:28 am
anyone please...help...

Posted Mon 30 May 05 @ 3:28 pm
Did you change the location of the mp3 files after you created the playlist?

Posted Mon 30 May 05 @ 4:40 pm
thanks but nope the files aer at the same location...i just created a playlist and loaded it into vdj just to cross check that too....nothing seems to work. support team..please help..anyone

Posted Mon 30 May 05 @ 4:50 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djaditya -

Where is the Playlist file located?? In the VirtualDJ Playlist folder where you have VirtualDJ installed? Or, some other folder?

I know some will say it doesn't matter, but make sure you put the m3u file in the VirtualDJ Playlist folder ( C:\\Program Files\\VirtualDJ\\playlists\\ ) if you intalled VDJ in the default location.

Just try it?

cstoll

Giving Help with the path to be displayed properly. ACW

Posted Mon 30 May 05 @ 7:47 pm
yeah i did that...nothing happened. thanks anyway cstoll. can some one report this to support team? is anyone else havin the same problem?

Posted Tue 31 May 05 @ 6:09 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You make a post in the Bug Report forum, and provide a link back to this thread.

Sorry my suggestion didn't help.

cstoll

Posted Tue 31 May 05 @ 7:55 pm
xuanPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The problem is this.

If you open up the playlist file you can see the filenames with paths, on mine it doesn't show the drive letters and sometimes not the complete path.

If I paste in the drive letter and complete the path for each filename, save it an it will load.

Posted Fri 20 Jan 06 @ 2:59 pm
I am having the same problem. I am so frustrated. When I create playlists, VDJ gives an error message on a few songs. First I thought maybe the program was setting up paths of songs, via a made playlist thus not a valid path. I trashed my playlist. Uninstalled, reinstalled VDJ and then scanned my music only harddrive, then created a test playlist and same thing some music will not play.
If I do a search again for a song that will not play, I will get 2-3 versions of same song, which in a lot of cases there will be as I have promos ect. I will have to chose each song listen, to make sure it plays before dragging it to playlist..too time consuming. I am stumped.

Please advise

Posted Mon 23 Jan 06 @ 4:35 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

It's strange, I don't have seen this problem... When you locate a song that display this error, then right click in it and select "Listen" if you got an error also, then the path to that song isn't good in the playlist.

Good Luck!

Posted Tue 24 Jan 06 @ 6:38 pm
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I think winamp playlist are saved in "relative path mode" in some instances. For exemple, if you save the .m3u in the same folder as where the music is, only the filenames appear in it, not their location (open it with wordpad to see what I mean).

VDJ only understand fully-qualified filenames in playlists, so to have that with winamp>savePlaylist, save the playlist .m3u file on a different drive from where the music is (then you'll see when you open it with wordpad that the full drive:/fullpath/filename.mp3 is contained in the playlist). You can then use this .m3u file with VDJ...

cheers.

Posted Tue 24 Jan 06 @ 8:24 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
BINGO !, djbambi..
I knew the problem with winamp and relative paths in playlists, it was discussed again in this forum, but the trick to save the playlist in another drive really WORKS...
Where you learned about this ?

People, make some noise for djbambi !

Posted Wed 25 Jan 06 @ 3:16 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Bambi thanks for the input!

I always save my WinAmp Files in another directory, that's why I never have this problem.

Thanks Bambi!

Posted Wed 25 Jan 06 @ 12:58 pm
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
no problem, glad to help.

I found this trick by luck. I too use winamp to create playlist but they'd never work when I'd drop them into VDJ, all files would show as unknown and wouldn't work.
Then I thought maybe I have to save them directly into VDJ's playlist folder, so I did that. And since my VDJ is on c: and my music is on d: it did the trick :)

then by curiosity I edited playlists with wordpad to see what was the difference, and I saw the full v.s. relative path issue.

Posted Thu 26 Jan 06 @ 11:36 am
Puuh...
i have the same problem- VD don't play from Playlists.

My files on a USB Storage Drive- on this Drive i have differend MP3 folders and a folder called "Playlists". In this folder i opened ex. the mix.m3u with notepad...

#EXTM3U
\sampler\Mixes\madonna - lucky.mp3
...........but it doesn't play, if i loaded the file in VD!
only shows the files from the Playlist.

Posted Tue 28 Feb 06 @ 6:15 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)