Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Video Quick guide - get started with video and effects with VDJ 3.x

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

1. CHOOSE OUTPUT
Choose window if you just want to mix video for yourself, or if your plasma screen of projector only display a portion of your screen

If you want the video output on seperate monitor, or TV-out, use the drop down menu and choose the correct graphic card (make sure video out is activated on graphic card too)
If you choose fullscreen monitor, on most videocards you will also need to have this monitor be part of your window desktop (use "extend desktop on this monitor" in Windows' screen advanced config)

Check hardware acceleration and see if that works for your graphic card (depends on model/brand etc). If it does not work, leave it unchecked for software mode. Unless hardware mode makes an error, you should use hardware instead of software. In v3.0 if it can start, it will always be faster than software mode

2. Open window when video is loaded
- will open a spearate window when video file, karaoke or visual effect is in use, for preview (activate if you want second preview window, or use a skin without video preview in skin)

Uncheck "open video when loaded" if you intend to never use video. This will remove the automatic check performed when you load a music in virutaldj, to see if a video or associated karaoke file exists.

3. Linked crossfader
Will link the video crossfader to the original crossfader that you use for music. This is very usefull, and should be at least checked, if you are not using the default skin. Without this, video will not crossfade when using other skins!

4. Actions when not using video
If you want to use visual effects, or grapic files, choose the settings of your choice here (works when regular video files or karaoke files are not in use). If you choose black, video preview will disappear when you are not using video/karaoke.
Choosing "black" for background, video will not stop when you play regular music. If you want to really stop it (stop the thread, free the resources and close the master window), you need to use a keyboard shortcut with the action "video_open".

Slideshow will do just what it says... check this if you want slideshow use of visual effects or graphic files

-----------------------------------------

1. Video in skin
To see the video preview in the default skin, press this button for showing the video pannel of the skin

2. Preview setting
Here you can choose what to preview. Deck 1, deck 2, or the mix between deck 1 and 2 (follows the video crossfader, and regular crossfader, if video crossfader is linked)

3. Choose transition style
Here you can choose between 4 cool transition effects between video on deck 1 and 2, following the movement of crossfader

If your want your own text on the screen, press text button.
By default the text window can be open with the shortcut "Ctrl+T" (if you didn't change the default shortcuts). Once in the text window, you can use "ctrl+enter" to go to a new line. ("enter" will apply and close the text window, and "shift+enter" will apply).

Posted Mon 23 May 05 @ 4:07 pm

Posted Mon 23 May 05 @ 4:31 pm
djtaz_PRO InfinityMember since 2005
How come (and i have upgraded my virtual dj to v. 3.x) i dont have this video button in my skin ??? And this crossfading option, it doesn't seem to work either .. :-( Please tell me that it me thats doing something wrong here

DJ TAZ @ DK

Posted Mon 23 May 05 @ 9:20 pm
There has been an update of the update :^)..

Re download and you should be fine..

Posted Mon 23 May 05 @ 9:41 pm
redownload, and reinstall...

there was a mistake in the release the first couple of hours, new default skin was missing

Posted Mon 23 May 05 @ 10:42 pm
No matter where I look, I do not have a pre-view window anywhere, tried all the different settings and nothing, either I get only the pre-view window, or I get the TV window with the logo. 2.1 or was it 2.6 had a pre-view window with player A, A&B or B. Can't we get that back?
Henry

Posted Tue 24 May 05 @ 12:08 am
it seem to "hide" sometimes at my pc too

try this : when video is running, or video effect, press the text button, to see if that makes the window show.

or, go to video in settings, and turn off/on hardware accellecation, press ok... see if that forces the window to show

and also, first of all, make sure you have selected the window to show in video setting! look above, in first post in this thread

hope that helps

if not, make a keyboard shortcut to open window

Posted Tue 24 May 05 @ 12:15 am
djtaz_PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi again

After redownload and upgrade it works, but just raises another question hehe....

How can we mix between 2 visual effects ??

i know you can enable crossfader link, but you can still only choose 1 visual effect at a time !! hmm.... Could be great if you could define one pr. channel or something like that...

Kind Regards

DJ TAZ_ @ DK

Posted Tue 24 May 05 @ 9:06 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
These visualizations aren't active, just passive correct?

Man, if you guys could include milkdrop visualization support it would be awesome.
I have run R4 along side VDJ with no trouble at all and the effect when linked to the soundcard is pretty wild.
www.rabidhampster.com

Posted Tue 24 May 05 @ 9:56 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

Posted Thu 26 May 05 @ 1:10 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)