|Author||- Topic: Virtual DJ Stuttering -|
Posted Thu 11 Mar 10 @ 3:05 pm
I have just upgraded versions of VDJ 6.0.7 to the latest. Problem I am having is that while you are playing one song and try to load another the first song starts stuttering. If it don't stutter the second song loads very slow and VDJ freezes, although first song keeps playing(sometimes). Also while loading the second song CPU usage goes to 100% although NO other programs other than basic computer programs are running. I have VDJ config. at just below mid point. Here is my computer configuration. Thanks for any help.
Dell Inspiron 5150
Pentium 4 3066GHz
60GB hard Drive with 44.1 % free space
All songs are on a 1GB External USB Drive
Posted Thu 11 Mar 10 @ 3:34 pm
I just watched my task manager and VDJ was using app. 84,000K now jumped to 147,608K and the songs started stuttering. Everything else is using 34,928k or less. Hope this helps.
Posted Thu 11 Mar 10 @ 6:31 pm
I'm having the exact same issues. Just started with the upgrade to 6.0.7. I've been using this setup with this laptop for awhile with no issues until this version.
I'm running 2 DN-S3700's in Midi mode and a Dell Inspiron 6000 with 2gb ram and 1.7ghz Centrino. All files on an external USB.
Same setup as always, now with a stutter.
Posted Fri 12 Mar 10 @ 4:11 am
i believe vdj is makin your cpu shoot up to 100% because of beatlock
so id suggest going into config>options
and set beatlock to manual
Posted Fri 12 Mar 10 @ 7:14 am
The CPU is hitting 100% but it always did.... except now there is a Stutter. I put 6.0.5 back on it and it works just fine.
Posted Fri 12 Mar 10 @ 9:53 am
I will install 6.07 on my old laptop this weekend and see if I get the same problem..
(specs of my laptop are probably pretty close to yours)
its running 5.2.1 right now, no issues, so I too would be interested if 6.07 kills it or not..
Both my Rackmount and Desktop are not showing any increased CPU usage (but night & day difference between those and my 4 year old laptop)..
Posted Fri 12 Mar 10 @ 5:01 pm
Tried going back to older version and it did not correct the problem. Also filed ticket with tech support, did what they said and still having problems.
Posted Fri 12 Mar 10 @ 5:04 pm
redneckscountry wrote :
did what they said and still having problems.
and that was??
might as well post it here, so we dont repeat the same steps.
Posted Fri 12 Mar 10 @ 6:22 pm
Advanced System Optimizer solved this problem for me. Optimized registry & memory now when loading songs I'm hovering around 35% - 55% CPU usage.
Posted Sat 13 Mar 10 @ 12:26 pm
Here is what the tech email me; Also I tried version5.2.1 and didn't correct problem. I did download CC Cleaner at http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner and so far is working. Letting VDJ run now. Will post later how it comes out.
Message: This is most likely due to performance issues with your computer.
NOTE: 100% CPU usage while loading a song is normal on a single core processor. It will not cause any problems on a correctly configured computer with no performance issues.
Common causes are:
* Performance settings in VirtualDJ set too high for your computer to handle. Try going to CONFIG -> Performances and move the performance slider all the way to the left.
* Computer that is not powerful enough or does not have sufficient memory (RAM) - The recommended requirements can be found on the following page (Ideally your computer should exceed these): http://www.virtualdj.com/products/virtualdj/index.html - You only have 512Mb RAM which is not very much. We would recommend upgrading to 1Gb or preferably more.
* Overheating - Check that the cooling fans are still operational and they are not being blocked. Most computers will slow down the CPU when it starts to overheat, reducing performance considerably.
* ASIO buffer set too low - If you are using an ASIO sound card, please check that OPTIONS -> Performances -> Latency is set to Auto and try increasing the ASIO buffer size under CONFIG -> Sound Setup -> ASIO Config (You will need to restart VirtualDJ between each change for it to take effect.) Repeat until you find the optimal setting for your computer.
* Wireless networking (Try turning this off or disabling it.)
* Viruses and spyware present on your system - Please ensure that your anti-virus software is fully up-to-date and perform a full scan of your system. If viruses are found, then after removing them reboot your computer and perform another full scan. Repeat until no further viruses are found.
* Unnecessary software running in the background. Manufacturers often install unnecessary 'bloatware' applications on computers that can cause performance issues. The following can help identify and remove some of this software: http://www.pcdecrapifier.com
* Laptop optimised for battery life or power saving rather than performance - Go to the Windows Control Panel -> Power Settings and make sure that your computer is set for maximum performance.
* The skin (User interface) has been resized or maximised. On some systems, this can cause increased CPU usage depending on the capabilities of the graphics card.
The DPC Latency checker can be used to check for any performance issues on your computer: http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml
Please see the following guide for further optimisations that you can make (Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader): http://ts.hercules.com/faqs/eng/her_eng_00364.pdf
Posted Sat 13 Mar 10 @ 1:42 pm
I installed 6.07 on my old laptop..
performance (with just audio files), is pretty much on par with my Cue LE 5.2.1
CPU usage might be a tad higher, but I didnt get any dropouts, even when loading in an unscanned song..
do you have "Safemode" engaged?
Posted Sat 13 Mar 10 @ 2:28 pm
Yes I do have it on safe mode. Am running a few registry cleaners and such right now. Will post how it goes.
Posted Mon 15 Mar 10 @ 11:33 am
UPDATE; I just installed one stick of 1gb Memory and one 246 stick. Seems to have solved the stuttering problem but still is using 161,360K of memory usage. Next going to try some skin settings. Will let you know
Posted Mon 15 Mar 10 @ 4:33 pm
Well it didnt solve the problem. i even updated to latest DirectX driver and now get a error in the sound driver (directX/WDM). Any ideas?