Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: dubstep!!! - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

bpm stands for "beats per minute" so to get something that is made at 140bpm to 140bpm you just press play and don't adjust the pitch LOL

Posted Thu 14 Jul 11 @ 1:23 am
There's actually older dubstep which is quite unlike the massive drop lazerbass-sound which is touted as dubstep today. Compare Burial to NiT GriT and you will know what I am talking about.

Posted Thu 14 Jul 11 @ 8:24 am
lcmxr6PRO InfinityMember since 2009
suecae_sounds wrote :
There's actually older dubstep which is quite unlike the massive drop lazerbass-sound which is touted as dubstep today. Compare Burial to NiT GriT and you will know what I am talking about.

NiT GriT is dope!

Posted Fri 29 Jul 11 @ 2:44 am
dubstep is 70 bpm to 150bpm

Posted Thu 25 Aug 11 @ 2:08 pm
I'm just getting into dubstep myself. It's becoming very popular here in the Midwest (Omaha). I've been to a couple dubstep shows and they get pretty crazy. Seems like a good venue to get into.

Posted Fri 26 Aug 11 @ 10:36 am
Like the key rings for sale on TradeMe say " Dubstep changed my life". Now got a shed full of 18"s , 15"s ,horns, amps,pc,mxr/controler etc because dub exists and my neighbours know it;

Posted Sun 11 Sep 11 @ 6:24 am
how come there are so many people who dont know that dubstep is 140bpm can someone go through and delete all their posts because they dont deserve a voice.

Posted Sun 25 Sep 11 @ 5:55 am
how do i get plugins for dubstep like kick clap and all the electric sounds?

Posted Wed 15 Feb 12 @ 6:30 am
i used to play dubstep, i mean proper and typical dubstep. not hard to mix it, especially for its typical tracks with 140 BPM. sooo simple, lucky we're now having VDJ on our laptop, so we only set the sync button every 8 bar. tell you, it's more simple than you playin' future garage music with complicated and unpredictable beats.

Posted Sat 18 Feb 12 @ 1:44 am
some of my fav dubstep artists (also good for mixing) are
Flux Pavilion
Skrillex (hes more brostep)
Doctor P (i cant mix him)
Joker

u dont have to agree with me im just saying some suggestions

Posted Sat 03 Mar 12 @ 12:33 pm
DjCaroPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I like & I play some dubstep .

Posted Sun 04 Mar 12 @ 1:44 pm
flux00LE userMember since 2012
hey everyone am a learner on making dubstep on virtual dj can anyone tell me how i can make a dubstep wobble on virtual dj pro?

Posted Sat 26 May 12 @ 6:22 pm
flux00 wrote :
hey everyone am a learner on making dubstep on virtual dj can anyone tell me how i can make a dubstep wobble on virtual dj pro?

The wobble bass comes from a synth, not from from Virtual DJ. There is a trick to take the smallest loop available and apply a filter on that one, but that pretty much a gimick.

Posted Sun 27 May 12 @ 11:36 am
Funny,

When this track started dubstep was just this weird interesting upcomming sound. I got the latest Serious Beats club house series and i'm amazed how many club tracks now all have very strong dubstep influences. Made a mix with the latest version: http://i.mixcloud.com/CBUGH0 its such a different sound from the commercial club half a year ago!

So I guess... its staying :P

Posted Thu 07 Jun 12 @ 11:11 am
More dubstep done on VDJ!!

This mix kicks off with classic dubstep and grime sounds followed by some serious whobble and deep drops. Dubstep is often considered the new Metal, for that occasion both the opening track, that has been enhanced, and the closing track are very metal influenced.

Listen here --> http://i.mixcloud.com/CB76v3

Posted Sat 07 Jul 12 @ 1:26 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)