Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NEW] VirtualDJ v6.0.4 released - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hello,

Thanksgiving couldn't go without us releasing a new version, so here is VirtualDJ v6.0.4.

Again, last the previous 6.0.x, this version is mainly a bug-fixer, trying not to add new functionalities, but rather to fix the small details that still needed fixing (even though these are getting fewer and fewer...)

As usual, this new version is free for all VirtualDJ Pro users, whatever version you initially bought.

You can see the changelog in the wiki.

Happy holidays, and happy mixing...

Posted Sun 29 Nov 09 @ 3:48 pm
Thanks, it just keeps getting better and better!

Posted Sun 29 Nov 09 @ 4:49 pm
Hehehe...I haven't been around in awhile, and I LITERALLY just downloaded 6.0.3!

You guys are really pounding them out now, eh? Thanks for addressing the issues so darn quickly (I read the 6.0.3 update post), and, as always, thanks for the FREE upgrades. I wouldn't trade VDJ for anything out there. I'm sure that there will be varying opinions, but I believe that you folks treat us rather well, and I wanted to convey my appreciation for your your efforts ;)

Combined with the new drivers from Hercules (11/09, v_4), the RMX/VDJ combo should be a mean machine, LOL!

BTW, good strategy - addressing bugs and fixes for now...I think that making the software rock-solid precludes the need for fancy new toys at this point ;)

I can't wait to begin testing, so I'd better get to it. Thanks again :^D

Posted Sun 29 Nov 09 @ 4:59 pm
Thanks

Posted Sun 29 Nov 09 @ 8:00 pm
Is that antiskip in the timecode section a new feature because I was going to request it in the wishes.THANKSSSSS Vdj team,I love you guys because you listen to needs and decipher what is most important.

Posted Sun 29 Nov 09 @ 8:15 pm
Hey is it just me or are the songs drifting off pitch and key constantly in this new update? The new serato beta engine is real responsive and clean in scratches but I switched back to 6.03 and no problems with the pitch jumping constantly. Can anyone confirm? If so I smell another update coming.

Posted Sun 29 Nov 09 @ 9:30 pm
Thank you very much for the continuing free upgrades.

Very much Appreciated

Posted Sun 29 Nov 09 @ 9:33 pm
And so begins the wait for VirtualVinyl 6.0.4 :(

Posted Sun 29 Nov 09 @ 9:54 pm
Just FYI to those Stealth Control users out there... make sure you give yourself some time to fix a couple things in your mapper. There was a change to some of the key names... most notable for me was the Cue, Set Cue, Loop In, Loop Out, ON/Off, and the FX and Parm knobs. I made the perfect mapper (at least for me) for the Stealth and like an idiot... I showed up to a gig with 6.0.3 installed BEFORE I tested it with the Stealth. I luckily do a full button "check" before I switch over from the bar jukebox to me... and found the buttons were no longer working.

Luckily , I have my license keys saved in a text file on my HD with the VDJ and Cue installers and then just reinstalled VDJ 6.0.2 until I could spend more time figuring out the root of the issue. Today, I realized that the mapper need to be updated with the proper key names. You dont need to change your script syntax (at least I didnt.) Simply click on the mapping line for the button that isnt working, click auto learn, and then tap the key you wish to "re-map" to that same syntax/map statement. It will update the map with the new Key Name. It took me about 5 minutes to go through all the buttons I use, and ensure they all had the right key name. Everything checked out after that...

I had submitted my mapper from 6.0.2 (as I was pretty proud of it.) But guessing they could not post it given this change in the updates. So I will resubmit my mapper, which is VDJ 6.0.3 and .4 compatible.

Also, as a suggestion, copy your custom mapper files to a few safe places. For some reason when I installed 6.0.3 it seemed to wipe out my \mapper directory. At least in my case it did... but I was also moving into a new laptop... so hard to tell if I just had not put my custom mappers in there yet or what...

Posted Sun 29 Nov 09 @ 11:09 pm
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Does it address the lil' snipped of audio if the performance is max?

Posted Sun 29 Nov 09 @ 11:22 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
djlivstrong wrote :
Hey is it just me or are the songs drifting off pitch and key constantly in this new update? The new serato beta engine is real responsive and clean in scratches but I switched back to 6.03 and no problems with the pitch jumping constantly. Can anyone confirm? If so I smell another update coming.

Try to uncheck the option smooth.

Posted Mon 30 Nov 09 @ 12:21 am
djlivstrong wrote :

In timecode config options, click on debug, and uncheck the "smooth" after the pitch sensitivity.
In 6.0.3, it used to be off by default, but in 6.0.4, we decided to get in on by default.
Some people do prefer the pitch moving smoothly, whereas others (including you) prefer it to be stabilized.
It's really a matter of personal taste

Posted Mon 30 Nov 09 @ 1:47 am
xmas is here thanks guys.any chance on of the team is santa cause i could do with a pioneer djm 5000 to go with free uograde lol

Posted Mon 30 Nov 09 @ 2:35 am
DJPie11PRO InfinityMember since 2008
Thankxxxxxx for this new version

Posted Mon 30 Nov 09 @ 3:08 am
AviryPRO InfinityMember since 2009
You guys are so great!!

can you explain the Hebrew fix? didn't get it, what was fixed?

Posted Mon 30 Nov 09 @ 4:41 am
Is there a trial version available??

I reallly want to know if this version has fixed the reloop digital jockey bugs.

If it is, i'll buy me a licensed version at once.............those bugs are the only things that's holding me back so far

Posted Mon 30 Nov 09 @ 7:10 am
djcel wrote :
djlivstrong wrote :

Try to uncheck the option smooth.

sclavel wrote :
djlivstrong wrote :

In timecode config options, click on debug, and uncheck the "smooth" after the pitch sensitivity.
In 6.0.3, it used to be off by default, but in 6.0.4, we decided to get in on by default.
Some people do prefer the pitch moving smoothly, whereas others (including you) prefer it to be stabilized.
It's really a matter of personal taste

OMG,Thanks guys you definitely know your stuff so you are bosses . One question though,did you guys like get the same noisemap from Serato because this beta noisemap is Awesome. trust me guys you really outdid yourselves this time because not only do scratches sound extremely good but they are very accurate. Love the vdj team. I'm ever so happy I never went Serato, even though I played with it couple times enough.

Posted Mon 30 Nov 09 @ 11:22 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
malfunctio wrote :
Is there a trial version available??

I reallly want to know if this version has fixed the reloop digital jockey bugs.

If it is, i'll buy me a licensed version at once.............those bugs are the only things that's holding me back so far

Not yet, but it will be out in a few days, keep an eye on this page:
http://www.virtualdj.com/download/trial.html
6.0.3 currently.

Posted Mon 30 Nov 09 @ 1:32 pm
sischoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Guys, I read "fixed cover downloading from youtube".

Is there an option in VDJ which allows user to download cover by youtube?

Posted Mon 30 Nov 09 @ 3:48 pm
zirianPRO InfinityMember since 2009
The stream error for net search hasn't been fixed has it? I still get that and I heard that it will be fixed but hasn't :(

Posted Mon 30 Nov 09 @ 3:58 pm
29%