Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Samplers Won't Load - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I know this has been asked before but can anyone give me the links to download the direct x and microsft c++ addons i need to make samplers i download from this website to actually be found by VDJ. I have to say i love this software and have used it for two dj gigs so far and I get nothing but compliments!

DJ Mayday

Posted Thu 27 Aug 09 @ 8:16 am
I assume you mean to get the effects to work, rather than samples.

Have a look here -this should do what you need.

Posted Thu 27 Aug 09 @ 12:57 pm
are those the ones i need for Windows Vista Basic though?

DJ Mayday

Posted Thu 27 Aug 09 @ 4:23 pm
any windows os.- yes.

Posted Fri 28 Aug 09 @ 2:41 am
ok i downloaded the c++ software and the effects and samplers wont show up in the list when i ass them to the sample section or effect section

Dj Mayday

Posted Fri 28 Aug 09 @ 9:26 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You're going to have to be more specific as to what you're doing.

Are you trying try get effects to work? If so, which ones?

Or are you trying to get samples to work? Samples are just soundfiles and need no runtime library or DirectX update.

Posted Fri 28 Aug 09 @ 10:57 pm
I am trying to get samplers to work....They wont load when i put them in the sample folder...

DJ Mayday

Posted Sat 29 Aug 09 @ 7:46 am
This is like getting blood from a stone ;)

What files are you putting in there, what are you doing to load them into the sampler once you've put them in there, and what happens when you try and do this? Do you get any error messages during the process?

Posted Sat 29 Aug 09 @ 10:53 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
I've noticed samples are best when they are MP3 files, and recorded at a higher sample rate (44100 Hz. for example)

Posted Sat 29 Aug 09 @ 11:43 am
SBDJ wrote :
This is like getting blood from a stone ;)

What files are you putting in there, what are you doing to load them into the sampler once you've put them in there, and what happens when you try and do this? Do you get any error messages during the process?

LOL i hate being a pane... ok i am downloading samples from this website to use with the vdj software. I put then under documents/virtualdj/plugins/samples But when i load up vdj they dont appear under the sample drop down menu...... Is there a trick for getting to show up?

Posted Sat 29 Aug 09 @ 12:55 pm
Yes, you have to open the sampler window and load the sample into one of the sampler banks :)

Posted Sun 30 Aug 09 @ 5:08 am
First of all i apologise ....maybe im not getting it, im a dj first and formost not an IT expert here is were i am. I have a CD of efx's ie Horns explosions etc which is great for mixtapes. I have loaded these into the folder with the VDJ samples which are different file types LLS i think ??? could be wrong on that one as im not at my own machine. i have saved the efx's to open with Virtual Vinyl . I get the whole click on the dot top right on the Sampler slider select load and choose the efx but i just cannot get them to load if i choose save it saves the title of the exf but not the sound ??? is the whole setup thing different in any way for Virtual Vinyl as opposed to other programs such as CUE etc. Again apologies im sure its just me being a bit stupid.

Thanks for patience and feedback
Rawkey - Virtual Viny user.

Posted Fri 02 Oct 09 @ 8:06 am
If the samples are on a CD rip them to your PC using any media player. Save them as a .mp3 file type. Then, remembering where the folder is, follow the process I described.

Posted Fri 02 Oct 09 @ 10:02 am
Lets try it this way.

Does this help?

Posted Fri 02 Oct 09 @ 3:49 pm
TearEMUP thanks very much for your help and support on this Sampler issue... I have to admit it was me being a bit dumb i the sample CD was showing as an mp3 but it wasn't saved as an mp3 SOOOOO the good news is i am up and running with the samples and they work great.
Your response i am sure will help a lot of people with the same issue. I guess this is the Forum working at its best helping their fellow dj out.

Thanks and happy mixing.

P.S Any good sample sites?

Posted Mon 05 Oct 09 @ 1:10 pm
RemsDJHome userMember since 2009
Greetings all. I've download some sampler and try to load it up in the sample bank- it won't load up. I'm using Mac Ox. I've copied it from the download folder to document folder. one of the sampler did load up but only one ??? please help. Thanks

Posted Tue 17 Nov 09 @ 7:42 am
Hi to all.

I have made the same as the last post, download the samples of the webpage, put them in the samples folder and load them in the VDJ program, some of them work, but the most part does not, any suggestions? I am using VDJ, home Ed 5 and i use Win XP. Thanks in advance

Posted Sun 29 Nov 09 @ 5:51 am
why wont vd pick up the effects i download?

Posted Sat 15 Jan 11 @ 3:47 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
as previously mentioned are they in .mp3 format? if not convert one and see if that works.

Posted Sat 15 Jan 11 @ 1:27 pm
VirtualDJ LE is limited software and does not allow custom skins, effects, etc. to be used or the program configuration options to be changed (Except during the 20 day trial of Pro.)

To be able to use custom skins, effects and much, much more you will need to upgrade to VirtualDJ Professional: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

You can also try out Pro features in VirtualDJ v7 Home FREE by going to http://www.virtualdj.com/download/free.html - This software will allow you to test your MIDI controller with it for 10 minutes at a time before reverting back to internal mouse and keyboard control only.

Your VirtualDJ LE entitles you to a discount off the cost of upgrading. To receive this, please go to http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html and enter your software serial number in the box provided at the bottom of the page.

Posted Sat 15 Jan 11 @ 2:14 pm
77%