Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Please help with connecting a Korg Zero 4 to VDJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

spool32PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Greets!

Does anyone have any tips on how to get my Korg Zero 4 to detect in Virtual DJ? I've tried to create the following in the mappers folder:

Filename - Korg Zero4 mapping.xml

Contents -

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<mapper device="Zero4" author="R Van Hazel" description="Korg Zero4" version="601" date="30/07/2009">
<map value="CROSSFADER" action="crossfader" />
</mapper>

Since I was unable to find a valid map on the VDJ website for this mixer, I tried to do something simple by just mapping the fader. If anyone has a working map for this mixer, please pm me or let me know where i can get it.

I also tried to do the device detect in the mappings tab in VDJ. All it shows is Simple Midi (generic) and the keyboard. I tried both selections in auto detecting a new MIDI assignment, but it doesnt seem to be picking up any kind of MIDI signal from my mixer.

I also downloaded the demo of Traktor and it finds Midi1-3 channels on there, so it appears to detect in that program. I dont know how to use it or have had time to mess with it much to see if i can get it to map any functions, I mainly got it to see if it will detect at all. Which it seems to.

I am able to connect the mixer to my test machine and its reading through the KORG Control Panel, I've also configured it as my sound card in VDJ and i'm successfully able to map both decks to my mixer and get fully working sound output using ASIO. I'm also able to use the KORG edit software to view my MIDI assignments (but havent changed anything from default). I also flashed the new 1.6 system version to the mixer with success. So it appears my mixer is functioning properly and connecting to my computer via firewire. I'm just unable to get it to do anything but sound with VDJ.

Many thanks to any who can offer some advise.

Posted Fri 31 Jul 09 @ 9:23 pm
select simple midi and then try "auto learning" the functions one at a time. the simpel midi is the korg when its plugged in.

Posted Sat 01 Aug 09 @ 2:38 am
Sorry if i wrote too much in the above post but I did say "also tried to do the device detect in the mappings tab in VDJ. All it shows is Simple Midi (generic) and the keyboard. I tried both selections in auto detecting a new MIDI assignment, but it doesnt seem to be picking up any kind of MIDI signal from my mixer."

Nothing happens when i try auto learn and i did it with the simple midi selected.

Posted Sat 01 Aug 09 @ 6:03 am
click on SIMPLE MIDI in drop down window. when that is selected then you start to map the features. click on the + for new action start typing your action then autolearn the button.

Posted Sat 01 Aug 09 @ 8:36 am
I got it to work on my desktop machine that has an onboard firewire port. I have a feeling it hates my laptop (amd x64) or my firewire card. At least I know how its supposed to act now. I guess i'll try another ExpressCard Firewire in the laptop to see if i have any luck with that. Otherwise i guess i need a new laptop to get this thing to work :(

Posted Sat 01 Aug 09 @ 2:03 pm
Hey guys?

I've tried to map my Korg Zero4 to VDJ 6 but it's only can be mapped in some simple stuff such as...
Crossfader-Volume Fader-Hi-Mid-Low-Gain
If it's only that...i rather to switch it on AUDIO mode than AUDIO/MIDI or just MIDI...

And i don't think i can map more than that?! Or u guys know something more than me?
I'm pretty much stress out with that limited stuff that can be mapped...
Do i need another controller like DN-S1200 for controlling the rest of it?
What is the best latency set up for the Asio driver? should i leave it normal on 44.1khz and 10ms...or can i set up to 48khz and 8ms?

Please help me guys...
Thanks
:)

Posted Sun 02 Aug 09 @ 6:05 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)