Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Korg Zero 4 TimeCode Help!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Afrog2PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi. Right now I have my Korg Zero 4 connected via firewire to my laptop, and my CDJ-400's conncted to CD-Line on the Korg Zero 4 channels 1 and 2. Virtual DJ is reconizing my timecode at 100%, but I can't get it to output the audio to the midi channels on my mixer channel 3 and 4. What is wrong? :S

Note: If I set channel 1 and 2 to midi, and press play on virtual DJ, i can hear it through the channels. But Timecode won't be reconized on virtual DJ through channel 3 and 4.

Posted Thu 18 Jun 09 @ 9:24 am
yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Go to Korg support download page:
http://korg.com/SupportResults.aspx?productid=281
Scroll down to the bottom, dowload \\\\\\\"Using the ZERO4 w/Traktor Scratch Pro / TraktorAdaptForZERO4_v1.0.0_EN.zip\\\\\\\"

Or

Download this link (easiest): http://korg.com/uploads/Download/TraktorAdaptForZERO4_v1.0.0_EN_633707428404970000.zip

It is a tool that will toggle the Zero4 to listen to the the CD audio ports instead of the Turntable ports. Unzip the file.

Plug in the CD players to channels 1 and 2, switch the Audio inputs to Audio or Audio+Midi if you want to use the black effect knobs for midi control.
Do not use CD/Line- you will only be able to hear the timecode sound, not the output of the internal sound card.

Open the Tracktor adapter, set to CD player time code:

Using Ch 3 and 4 for timecode mixing is not supported in VDJ.

DJ Kavika

Posted Thu 18 Jun 09 @ 10:14 am
thank you kind sir! You litterly saved my life :P

I don't know why, but i didn't bother with trying traktor adaptor lol.

Thanks a ton!

Posted Thu 18 Jun 09 @ 11:41 am
yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I saw it, thought it was only for Tracktor. It took me a day to figure it out. If you have any audio pops and clicks, I have a post for a updated 1394 controller driver too.

Have fun with that mixer!!

DJ Kavika

Posted Thu 18 Jun 09 @ 1:42 pm
I'll try :P Still learning how to use half of it lol :P

Posted Thu 18 Jun 09 @ 2:37 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)