Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Pitch accuracy

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello.
I'm using Virtual DJ 6.0.1 Pro with Hercules DJ Control Mp3.
How can I configure accuracy on the Pitch key?
I need 0.1 bmp increments with pitch knob.

Posted Wed 10 Jun 09 @ 1:10 pm
Use a smaller pitch range, e.g: 6%

The wider the pitch range, the less accurate adjustments will be.

Posted Wed 10 Jun 09 @ 2:29 pm
I found it.
Defining the Pitch Key with "param_multiply 0.005 & pitch" gives me 0.1 bmp accuracy in the pitch knob.

Posted Thu 11 Jun 09 @ 6:26 am
I have just updated my computer and built a new system. Tonight was the first time on the road. All and all went well.

I seem to be having a pitch issue. When Synced to the opposite deck it seems to loss ithe sync within a 10 sec span, and was wondering if that may be what you are talking about inregards to accuracy.

Also where would you set the range for the pitch? In the software or in the skin xml?

Posted Sun 12 Jul 09 @ 12:04 am
The pitch range can be changed in the following ways:

• On the default VDJ v6 skins, click on the % value above the pitch slider (Just below where it says KEYLOCK) - This will toggle between a number of common preset ranges.

• Via CONFIG button -> Options -> Pitch Range

• Assign a keyboard shortcut or MIDI button to the action pitch_range, e.g: pitch_range 6%

The smaller pitch range you use, the more accurate the adjustments you can make. If you are using a controller, the pitch accuracy is defined by the physical hardware capabilities of the slider. Most basic MIDI controllers only have 128 steps to a slider, which will give 0.093% adjustments at 6% pitch range.

More advanced controllers offer a greater number of steps and will allow more accurate adjustments at wider pitch ranges. Such controllers include Denon (1024 steps), Numark DMC-2 (1016 steps), Reloop Digital Jockey (1024 steps), PCDJ DAC-3 (256 steps.)

Posted Sun 12 Jul 09 @ 2:15 pm
jpboggis wrote :
The pitch range can be changed in the following ways:

• On the default VDJ v6 skins, click on the % value above the pitch slider (Just below where it says KEYLOCK) - This will toggle between a number of common preset ranges.

• Via CONFIG button -> Options -> Pitch Range

• Assign a keyboard shortcut or MIDI button to the action pitch_range, e.g: pitch_range 6%

The smaller pitch range you use, the more accurate the adjustments you can make. If you are using a controller, the pitch accuracy is defined by the physical hardware capabilities of the slider. Most basic MIDI controllers only have 128 steps to a slider, which will give 0.093% adjustments at 6% pitch range.

More advanced controllers offer a greater number of steps and will allow more accurate adjustments at wider pitch ranges. Such controllers include Denon (1024 steps), Numark DMC-2 (1016 steps), Reloop Digital Jockey (1024 steps), PCDJ DAC-3 (256 steps.)

Thank You...I did not see that...Daaa...

Posted Sun 12 Jul 09 @ 7:38 pm

Will this help stop the drifting of the beats when the two decks are synced?

Posted Sun 12 Jul 09 @ 9:13 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)