Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ 6.0.1 HD2500 Jog Wheels Dont Function

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
The Denon hd2500 fix with 6.0.1 is great except the jog wheels don't function like it does in 5.2.1. This is with "jogwheel scratch" disabled and enabled. In the mapper for "jogmode" the action is "vinyl_mode".

Is there anyway to have the jogwheels function like in 5.2.1 where it "scratches" thru the song. this is how I would cue to the downbeat of the song if I did not have a cue point already set.

Thanks so much! I appreciate the help.

Posted Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 9:32 pm
I didn't know whether to make a separate topic for this question or not...so here goes as its related to the 2500.

Is there a way to program /map the cue button to cycle thru cue points (ie: song has 3 cue points) and then when in play mode press cue to go back to the first cue point? Also would it be able to set a cue point by pressing the button if the song has no cue points?

I tried the different actions and didn't have any luck.

Also, in the previous version when one pressed the pause button on the skin it would cycle thru the cue points. It does not do that now? Is there a way to change that? How does one cycle thru the cue points? Hmm strange. Its not doing this with one of the songs I have that use multiple cues however it IS working like before with a different song with multiple cues. Hmmm sounds like might have to delete all the cues in this one song and reset them. Ill try that...very strange though.

I'm sorry for all the questions and for being a "pest" its just that its not working like before.

Posted Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 9:45 pm
bumping in hopes someone else is having this problem and has a solution. :-)

Posted Fri 05 Jun 09 @ 5:50 pm
update. I might have it figured out...it wasn't mapped! ooops.

Posted Fri 05 Jun 09 @ 10:46 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Jay - let me know if you still need help ... I wasn't ignoring you .. had to work the club myself tonight ... :)

Posted Sat 06 Jun 09 @ 1:08 am
CS, all is good now! Rockin the v6 right now to a nice little crowd. I have to have the engineer reinstall it though because when he uninstalled the other one somehow it messed up all the audio and video effects and video transitions. They still show up in the vdj folders in windows explorer but not with vdj6. A simple uninstall and reinstall will solve it I bet.

Hope your club night was good. Mine sucked for the first few hours!

Posted Sat 06 Jun 09 @ 2:40 am
boo-leeHome userMember since 2009
I have the same problem: the jog wheels are not working.

Furthermore, when I try adding a MIDI mapping for the jog wheels using "Auto-Learn", Virtual DJ 6.0 crashes as soon as I start spining the jog wheel.

There is no error message shown, the Virtual DJ window just disappears.

Posted Fri 12 Jun 09 @ 5:28 am
My jog wheels too do not work on my hd2500. I will try auto learning them tonight although I don't hold out much hope.

Posted Fri 12 Jun 09 @ 11:05 pm
The reason the jog wheel doesn't work is because there is no action and key for it (ie: it isn't mapped).

Here's how you map it...

Under the Denon HD-2500 mapper under the "Key" column at the bottom you should see {new}.

Click on {new} the "Auto-Learn" box will be selected.

In the "Key" box beside it use the pulldown arrow and select "JOG".

Under the "Key" selection there is a blank space box for the input of the "Action". For the "Action" type "jog_wheel" (no " ) and then press the "OK" box. The jog wheel should work. It does for me.

Posted Sun 14 Jun 09 @ 1:19 pm
Ok I followed the steps you outlined to get the jogwheels to work, but only the jogwheel on the right side is functioning - I still get no response from my left side jog wheel.

Setup is a Denon HD2500, Denon x500, most current version of VDJ, and a Dell XPS M1210 running XP.

Posted Thu 23 Jul 09 @ 12:07 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)