Forum: PC Version Technical Support - Topic: ASIO: "not enough channels"

Use this forum if you have any question, bug, or technical difficulty with VirtualDJ on Windows.
Before posting, please read the FAQ.
(if you find bugs with the new VirtualDJ 8, please use the specific VirtualDJ 8 Bug Report forum).
VirtualDJ forums
PC Version Technical...
ASIO: "not enough...

Author - Topic: ASIO: "not enough channels" -

DJ_Tazer
Home user
Member since 2007

Posted Thu 16 Apr 09 @ 12:54 am
I have a dj i/o interface with vdj that im running and 2 cdj 800's... I have all the right connections and the interface was installed correctly but I still get this error message ASIO: not enough channels.... please somebody help, I have a gig tomorrow... also the timecoded cds play correctly

TheFlea
PRO Infinity
Member since 2007

Posted Thu 16 Apr 09 @ 2:30 am
The DJ I/O does not have any inputs to use timecodes.
Remember to register your version of VDJ!

SBDJ
PRO Infinity
Member since 2006

Senior staff
Posted Thu 16 Apr 09 @ 4:37 am
As already said, you can't have hooked it up correctly because the DJ I/O only has a mic input. Hence the error message "Not Enough Channels" - there aren't enough input channels for a timecode setup.

You will need a better soundcard I'm afraid.

Also note that the demo version limits timecode use to 5 minutes IIRC.

hodgy1972
PRO Infinity
Member since 2008

Posted Mon 13 Jul 09 @ 11:20 am
Hello people, I have 2 cdj 1000's and am trying to get the times codes to work i have burnt the pro discs as i know that these are the ones i need to use, the problem is i cannot get it to config properly as all i get is interference and lots of noise but no control what so ever, also the maya soundcard is being detected but then says i dont have enough channels

help please

islanboy
PRO Infinity
Member since 2008

Posted Mon 13 Jul 09 @ 10:31 pm

Zelecta i jah cris
Home user
Member since 2010

Posted Sun 30 May 10 @ 9:31 pm
hello i just bought the dj io soundcard and it says the same thing not enough channels!! so i was wondering what sound card do i need ???

ernelfosterjr
PRO Infinity
Member since 2008

Posted Tue 01 Jun 10 @ 11:13 pm
You need a 4 in/4 out sound card like the Numark virtual vinyl interface, maya usb 44, or giga port just to name a few