Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Black is Back!!! Updated: JN-Black v2.06 - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Oh well, guess I'm not that "experienced" afterall :P Thanks for explanation.

Posted Wed 09 Mar 05 @ 2:23 pm
Black power ¡¡¡¡¡ thzx Jim.

Posted Wed 09 Mar 05 @ 11:58 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
In the pannel cue , could you add two columns of goto cue. I mean the normal "goto and play" as currently and a new one with [cue_stop(n° cue)] for "goto and pause"

Posted Sat 12 Mar 05 @ 7:25 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
It might be good also if we have the ability to adjust/move the cgb. I've seen this on other skins, and I actually thought it came in handy pretty often to be able to make an adjustment when needed.
BTW, I used this skin last night. As I thought, when it was time to get mixing I couldn't really see the wav form colors good enough, so I switched to split screen, and all was better than ever! This may be the single best skin ever created for VDJ.
(my humble opinion) :-)

Posted Sat 12 Mar 05 @ 8:10 pm
bmac16PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Jim,

Great Skin! Best one out there right now. When you do your next update can you add two items.

Full Screen - It seems that this function isn't available on this version. My skin covers only 2/3 of my computer screen.

Also for us former CD player dj's a +/- for Pitch bend would be great. I currently use my keyboard for this function but I would rather have it available in your skin. I'm not a big fan of the rotary nudges.

Thanks

BMAC

Posted Thu 07 Apr 05 @ 4:34 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
BMAC:

This skin has a full-screen mode, but it is made in a widescreen resolution (9:6), not 4:3 as your monitor. It's intended for widescreen laptop monitros mostly, but another 4:3 version might be made if Jim has time.

Regards

Posted Thu 07 Apr 05 @ 10:11 pm
Jim,
I'm a big "platinum" user...if "black" had a 1024x768 cousin and the "pro" mode you mentioned, I would be hooked!

Are you still reading this? Stop...go mod it for me. It's my right to demand new skins...I mean, that's what you guys get paid for, right? ;)

Seriously, nice skins...great job!

Break.

Posted Fri 08 Apr 05 @ 7:10 am
bmac16PRO InfinityMember since 2005
erxon,

Thanks for the quick response. Would It be easy to go into the skin's XML and change the screens width to fit a 4:3 screen?. All help would be appreciated.

Regards

Posted Fri 08 Apr 05 @ 3:45 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
It's not easy to convert the size of a skin. You need to move all the butttons,sliders,... one by one to convert it. Each Line of the xml to rewrite. Good luck with it exists only a convert from 800x600 to 1024x768 from Kaleo (see plugins download section) but that's all

Posted Fri 08 Apr 05 @ 4:26 pm
Hi Guys!

To make a skin in different resolutions takes time (lots of it). If I had the time, I would do it. But since I don't get paid for the hard work... there is few incentives for me to spend days making skins. I only make skins that I myself use.

I do make minor (and major) tweaks and adjustments that people suggest. But I do not have time to make a skin in different resolutions. I'm sorry.

But I don't mind people changing my skins and adjusting them to fit their needs. And I do suggest you learn how to code skins to fit your needs.

Cheers!

- Jim Nordic

Posted Sat 09 Apr 05 @ 12:04 pm
Hi Jim-

I think your skin is the best and it is the one I use. In my resolution too! Keep up the great work and keep posting your upgrades as you make them.

Thanks!

Posted Wed 13 Apr 05 @ 6:30 pm
vailixiPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Jim,

I've used your skin on my desktop computer only, because of the widescreen format....and I must say.....it is the best yet. Unfortunately, I play mostly outdoor psytrance renegades/festivals and bringing my desktop isn't practical.I will pay you for a 1024x768 JN-Black v2.06 skin so that I can use it on my laptop. vax

Posted Tue 07 Feb 06 @ 7:13 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)