Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: A Best Software Comparison Question

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

What's going on everyone? I'm new to this Computer age Djaying and I have been DJaying for years back when it was simple (two vinyl turntables and a mixer).
I've been surfing the web and I could never get a flat out answer on which is the best route to go. I have the Virtual Vinyl and I'm very satisfied but
I want to know the differences between all the products that are out and is Virtual DJ the best one out. I found out about Virtual DJ from being at a local Guitar Center and I wanted to get back into DJ-ing after being on a 8 year hiatus and I was about to get some Pioneer CD decks and the guy told me they were no good and when I tried them they did suck and he told me to just get this program and stick to my vinyls and again I'm satisfied but I want some input from others that tried other programs because I want to find out if Virtual DJ is the best out since I can never get a straight answer from the guys at the store.

Thanks in advance

Posted Tue 16 Dec 08 @ 8:21 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Hello, there is no "best" software. The factors involved in your decision will be many. Do you want real vinyl emulation? Would you be interested in controllers? Are you looking into doing video? VDJ/CUE/Virtual Vinyl will do all of those in one configuration or another. If I were in your shoes I would start with asking myself question. "Do I want to do video?" "Will I want to throw some table tricks?" "House mixer, or hip hop DJ?"

There are a great many users here who us the Pioneer decks with time code CDs and are very happy. The Pioneer CD players are very stable, even though the platter does take a while to get used to the difference in the way they feel.

Controllers, I am on old vinyl guy and now use controllers exclusively, are a nice option as well. Small, portable, study, are just some of the controllers strong points. There are also a lot of different brands and types of controllers.

I hope that helps. And, welcome back to the jungle of DJing....T

Posted Tue 16 Dec 08 @ 8:42 am
The reason you can't get a straight answer at the store is cause the guys at the store don't care what is the "best" they just want to make a sale.

To answer your question.

It depends on what you intend to do with the software. If you're straight up mixing then you can close your eyes and point. Any of the software's out there will work fine.

The main difference with VDJ/Virtual Vinyl is VIDEO.

Music video's, clibbank for ambient vids while audio mixing, text on screen, photo slideshow club pics, Live carera feed though the software, Etc.

Bear in mind if you are video mixing you better have a MONSTER machine or you will experience crashes.

FOr video mixing - VDJ is the best - hands down.

Serato video doesn't compare for features
Clubdjpro is more difficult to use.

For Audio mixing, point and shoot.

Other than that - welcome to VDJ forums.

Posted Tue 16 Dec 08 @ 8:43 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)