PC Clean Re-install VirtualDJ 8
Q: How do i perform a Clean Installation of VirtualDJ 8 on a Windows computer ?
Important ! Make a backup copy of \Users\Documents\VirtualDJ folder if you need to keep your database (Contains song information such as BPM, Hot Cues, comments, etc.)
How to completely Uninstall:
- Uninstall VirtualDJ 8 (and any other older versions) from the Windows Control Panel, if present. During the process, answer Yes to the prompt question to delete your settings and database files.
This step should be enough to allow you proceeding with an installation of VirtualDJ 8. However, if you need to completely erase all VirtualDJ traces, proceed with the following steps.
- Delete the VirtualDJ folder from the Registries (keeps the Home Folder path of VirtualDJ)
Pro Infinity, Plus and Pro Subscription Licensed users of VirtualDJ:
- Download the Registry Tool and click on the CLEAN button.
LE (Limited Edition) and No License users:
- Open the Registry Editor. In Windows XP, go to Start -> Run, type regedit and click OK. In Vista/Windows 7, click on the Windows button, type regedit in the search box and press RETURN. In Windows 8.1, right-click on the Start Button, choose Run, type regedit and choose OK.
- Browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software
- Delete the entire key VirtualDJ
- Close the registry editor.
WARNING: Take great care editing the registry. Only make the change exactly as described above. If you are unsure, please seek assistance from an IT expert. You make changes to the registry at your OWN RISK
How to Install: