How do I change the mapping for a key
How do I change the mapping for a Keyboard key in VirtualDJ 8
- Go to SETTINGS CONTROLLERS tab
- Choose the keyboard from the top-left side list (in case an additional MIDI device is available at that time). If no other custom mapping is created, the "factory default" will be pre-selected in the Mapping drop-down list.
- Select the Key that you wish to modify its action with any of the following ways :
- Click inside the Key learn to set the cursor in the box. Press a key on your keyboard. Each time you press a key, VirtualDJ will display the name for that key at the top of the Key Learn area. Click on the Key name to select the one you wish to map.
- Alternatively, locate the Key from the list. Click on the Key header to sort the Keys alphabetically for easier search.
Type an appropriate action in the Action: box, e.g: hot_cue 1 or select an action from the list below. VirtualDJ will auto-fill with one of the available actions as you type.
Repeat the last 2 steps for all the Keys of your keyboard that you wish to customize.
Once the custom mapping is completed (you can still edit the same mapping later of course), you can provide a name (optional) and save.
Multiple custom mapping files can be created for the keyboard, but only one can be applied from the Mappings field.
Notes : Custom mapping files can be deleted (using the x button), but not the factory default one. So, even if you have messed up with your custom one, you can always go back to the factory default and create a brand new custom one.
Custom mapping files are automatically saved (without using the Save Disc button) in /Documents/VirtualDJ/Mappers folder
See also : How do I add a keyboard shortcut to the existing Keyboard mapper ?
FAQ VDJscript Verbs
FAQ VDJScript Examples
FAQ Knowledge Database Wiki HOME