Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: MPD24 and Cue (or VDJ)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I just bought an MPD24, hopefully to move around Cue faster. Two questions:

1) I'm out of USB ports...would running two iCDX's through a hub be stable? If not, moderators, is there any legitimate way to acquire a virtual vinyl box (no software, just the box)?

2) Has anyone else used the MPD24 with VDJ? Tips? Tricks?

Cheers, thanks,
J

Posted Sat 11 Oct 08 @ 12:28 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi,

If u need a hub, purchased a power usb hub that came with the power adapter. It is better.

No, u can't just have only the box. U have to buy the whole package.

I have not used the akai mpd24 with vdj but i think it will work;)

Regards;)

Posted Sat 11 Oct 08 @ 3:04 pm
so far, the mpd24 works using the general midi remote interface...this is fun...

Posted Sat 11 Oct 08 @ 4:08 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
That is nice to hear;)

Hopefully someone who using it too will share a trick or two with u. good luck;)

Posted Sat 11 Oct 08 @ 8:39 pm
bababbPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hey y'all, I just got the mpd24 can someone tell me how to set it up to work with virtual dj. I want to use the mpd24 to control my samples

Posted Wed 29 Oct 08 @ 9:06 am
after you install the drivers and software that come in the box...plug it in and start VDJ

Go to Config>>remote and activate General MIDI.

Then click on GM again and go to Config..., then click Add.

Find the desired control in the list and press a pad or turn a knob on the MPD24 (in your case, look under the sampler section). VDJ should pick up on which trigger you are pressing/turning and its name should replace "autolearn".

Then, click OK and repeat for other buttons on the MPD24.

I've had some trouble getting mine to trigger my samples. For some reason, I cannot change the "Value" field in any of my MIDI maps. Please let me know if you can get separate pads to trigger separate samples. I can check the Value box, but I can't change the actual value.

J

Posted Wed 29 Oct 08 @ 1:44 pm
It's not working for me :) VDJ doesnt reconize my Akai mpd 24 i can't set op my buttons

Posted Fri 17 Apr 09 @ 7:53 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
demonize wrote :
It's not working for me :) VDJ doesnt reconize my Akai mpd 24 i can't set op my buttons

You need to map it under remote control. For best results use the 5.2.1 demo.

Posted Fri 17 Apr 09 @ 10:10 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)