Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Numark NS7

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello,
Is the NS7 is completely compatible with virtual dj??
I mean for example like the total control that is ''plug and play''.
Im asking because I saw the latest version of virtual dj and on the setup/remote control tap is not the icon of the ns7 to activate.

Posted Sun 21 Sep 08 @ 3:06 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
At this time the NS7 is not natively supported. It is possible to map it using the midi function....

Posted Sun 21 Sep 08 @ 7:23 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

There was a thread about it in the Gen forum, maybe terry or another mod can dig it out for you.

Posted Sun 21 Sep 08 @ 7:41 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If you have 30 minutes then that is what it would take to map this to the software its really easy and lets you make it more to your needs.

Posted Sun 21 Sep 08 @ 3:14 pm

another thing do you think that in virtual dj's future versions 5.3 or 5.4 ... thw ns7 will be mapped out? I mean with the icon to activate.
it should exist the possibility right? if the ns7 work with serato but its also from numark, and numark has cue and cue and virtual dj is basically the same.

Posted Mon 22 Sep 08 @ 10:29 am
Even though the NS7 comes with Serato itch. for audio, its better to use itch because the NS7 was designed to work perfect out of the box without any configuration.

Posted Tue 23 Sep 08 @ 8:28 pm
Its the NS7 already released?

Posted Wed 24 Sep 08 @ 3:12 pm
ohh, but the thing is i also dj with music videos and serato only supports music. also i would like to have more hands on control i have a total control and work super cool but for scratching and mixing the buttons are so close to each other that is kind of uncomfortable some times. i looking for a better control but dont want to have to carry some the pioneers using time codes. ill prefer a usb controller any suggestions??

Posted Thu 25 Sep 08 @ 12:23 am
hey! i just send numark (technical support) an email talking about this topic, as soon ill get the reply i will post it :)

Posted Thu 25 Sep 08 @ 12:41 am
kingarthurdj wrote :
ohh, but the thing is i also dj with music videos and serato only supports music. also i would like to have more hands on control i have a total control and work super cool but for scratching and mixing the buttons are so close to each other that is kind of uncomfortable some times. i looking for a better control but dont want to have to carry some the pioneers using time codes. ill prefer a usb controller any suggestions??

@King

The controller will control any software such as Virtual DJ or your chosen VJ app via midi.

Posted Fri 26 Sep 08 @ 3:44 pm

Posted Fri 24 Oct 08 @ 4:31 am
yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Isn't going to run high speed midi like the VCI?
-David

Posted Wed 21 Jan 09 @ 2:57 pm
yk23 wrote :
Isn't going to run high speed midi like the VCI?
-David

There are two scales available for software's to interpret.

Actually the VCI does not send high speed midi at all its a Numark Concept which powers the motorized jogs.

The VCI sends standard midi messages.

Posted Fri 23 Jan 09 @ 6:16 am
so waiiiiit is there any way of getttin virtual dj 2 work on the ns7???

Posted Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 5:51 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
chiragshah41 wrote :
so waiiiiit is there any way of getttin virtual dj 2 work on the ns7???

No ...

Topic Closed

Posted Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 7:38 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)