Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hercules RMX fader feel (latency) - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Before I go and order a RMX, I was wondering if any "turntablists" have any thoughts on the feel of the fader of the RMX and time code vinyl. I have been quite happy with the BCD2000 fader for the 15 minutes it works. On the HDJC even with the newest driver update, I still feel lag in the fader. The sound card on the HDJC works fine at 2ms when connected to an external mixer.

thanks,
David

Posted Sat 14 Jun 08 @ 7:19 pm
Hello yk23,

The fader response time depends on the latency you have selected in ASIO: at 7 or 8ms, I feel no lag, but at 21ms I feel a lag, so what is your ASIO setting?
I have taken a 48KHz / 16-bit / 7ms buffer in ASIO before running VirtualDJ DJC 5.0.7 and it works OK: when I run VirtualDJ, it changes the settings displayed in DJ Console Rmx control panel, but the real response time is good, so I keep this setting.

Posted Sun 15 Jun 08 @ 5:45 am
I have my HDJC at 2ms. The problem is not the audio, it is the fader sending signals to VDJ to fade the sound over. I can almost see the fader in VDJ not sliding at the same rate as my hand can move it. When using the BCD2000 at 4ms I do not see or hear any real fader lag. For example when scratching with the HDJC it sounds like I just learned to scratch. The BCD2000, for the 10 minutes it works sounds like I know how to scratch... not that I'm all that good:). The sound card in the HDJC is fine. From what I have read it is the same card in the RMX. I am just checking to see if the midi sensitivity has been improved. All the information I can find is that the jog wheel sensitivity has been improved 400%. Worse case I may go with the Behringer DDM-4000 to fade the videos and use the HDJC as the sound card. Does anyone know where I can see a video of someone using TCV and the RMX? All I can find is people pushing buttons, not I dont do that too. I want to see someone tearin it up.

Posted Sun 15 Jun 08 @ 10:42 am
I just got serato time coded vinyls for vdj. It seems to work fine for the first 10-15 minutes into my set, then vdj stops reading the vinyl and i have to restart vdj to let it play again. It keeps on doing this, any ideas why?

Im currently using:

VDJ Pro 5.4
Hercules Console RMX
2 Techniqs SL-1200 M3D

Posted Mon 23 Jun 08 @ 5:27 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
djrogeryong wrote :
I just got serato time coded vinyls for vdj. It seems to work fine for the first 10-15 minutes into my set, then vdj stops reading the vinyl and i have to restart vdj to let it play again. It keeps on doing this, any ideas why?

Im currently using:

VDJ Pro 5.4
Hercules Console RMX
2 Techniqs SL-1200 M3D

You really should purchase a full licensed version and download v5.1. The new time code engine is superior to the 5vr4 version.

Posted Mon 23 Jun 08 @ 5:31 pm
DIFFERNT ISSUE - CREATE A NEW POST. Come on man, start a new post, don’t hijack mine. I thought someone answered my question.

How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

See FLAME and "You question has been answered a hundred times. Please use a decent search engine and/or search our archives before posting any future questions"

Posted Mon 23 Jun 08 @ 11:14 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
@djrogeryong

you've splashed out on the hardware now it only makes sense to buy the software to make it all gel together... sorry yk23

Posted Tue 24 Jun 08 @ 4:50 am
looshusHome userMember since 2008
yk23: I'm having exactly the same problem, my BCD3000 on 4ms latency was fine, the RMX on 1ms latency, the signals from the controller aren't getting to VDJ quick enough.

Can anyone help us?

I've tried changing all settings but no luck, it's not very bad but very annoying, the BCD was fine in that respect.

Posted Thu 26 Jun 08 @ 7:17 am
yk23 there is a delay ever so slightly on the rmx but i'm hoping me and my mate can sort it in the next few days you just got to be aware and compensate for it, will let you's know if and when we do

by the way run it both on the latest 5.1 version and herc2 drivers, clears up all pops a squeaks

Posted Fri 27 Jun 08 @ 7:43 am
I just got the RMX in today. I am quite happy with the fader latency. Its a lot better then the HDJC and a tad better then BCD2000. There's a still tiny bit, but I'm fine with it. I had a few cracks and pops but no skips, could be me my output cable. It is quite heavy, but it doesnt move at all. Now to brush up on my scratching a little bit. Time to start watching some q-bert videos. I'm going to try it at the club tonight, crossing my fingers.

Posted Fri 27 Jun 08 @ 5:12 pm
hOAGARTPRO InfinityMember since 2008
im liking mine as well. i just find that if i leave a gain alone for a while and i go to gain a track down it drops 30-50% at the slighest touch

that, and I can figure out how to run cd players through it (not all my cd are ripped yet)

ideas?

Posted Fri 27 Jun 08 @ 5:58 pm
just attatch your cd players to source 1 & 2 at the back of the controller and activate them with the source buttons next to your rmx gain controls

Posted Sat 28 Jun 08 @ 5:42 am
I got rid of the crackles and pops by setting the RMX to 4ms instead of 2ms. I am having a problem with the fader. Sometimes when mixing a song, if I move the fader all the way over to the left or right, the music still bleeds through from the other side. You can see in VDJ the fader is 9/10ths of the way over. After a while I noticed the volume sliders do the same thing. If I turn it down, I can still hear music. This happens about 1 out of 10 times moving the fader. Is anyone else seeing this issue? Do I have a defective unit? To me it almost seems like a driver issue or an issue with the RMX not updating VDJ with the correct position.

Posted Sun 29 Jun 08 @ 6:30 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
@ yk23
It's a Virtual DJ problem and I beleive it will be fixed in next Virtual DJ 5.2

Posted Mon 30 Jun 08 @ 1:18 am
i've noticed the same problem with the cross-fade not switching off the sound from one channel when fully across (on mine it seems to be the Right Channel only).
Glad to hear it's being looked into and addressed, i thought i damaged my RMX x-fade already by cutting it across too hard!!

Posted Mon 30 Jun 08 @ 6:24 am
Thats what I was thinking, I got too crazy with it. I can wait for 5.2. Just going to use a different crossfader curve for a little bit.

Posted Mon 30 Jun 08 @ 3:16 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
yk23 wrote :
I am having a problem with the fader. Sometimes when mixing a song, if I move the fader all the way over to the left or right, the music still bleeds through from the other side. You can see in VDJ the fader is 9/10ths of the way over. After a while I noticed the volume sliders do the same thing. If I turn it down, I can still hear music. This happens about 1 out of 10 times moving the fader. Is anyone else seeing this issue? Do I have a defective unit? To me it almost seems like a driver issue or an issue with the RMX not updating VDJ with the correct position.

This happens to my new unit if you put it in WDM mode, try this for a Fix, I ran mine for over a hour in Asio mode and it sorted out the bleed in sound. Try putting yours in Asio mode and see if it works.

I ran my mk2 in Asio mode aswell it's far better I feel.

Posted Mon 30 Jun 08 @ 5:02 pm
leenoHome userMember since 2008
I get latancy with everything, jogs, faders, channels etc

Posted Tue 01 Jul 08 @ 2:16 pm
I got the same problems as all you guys. Crossfader lag is not good enough for scratching, and it seems to bleed when I move it really fast.

Posted Thu 03 Jul 08 @ 9:09 am
looshusHome userMember since 2008
I have exactly the same problem, I can confirm it's not a problem with the RMX, with Traktor the faders behave as they should, it's as if VDJ has momentary lapses in concentration when listening to the midi signals (always seems to happen at the worse times!!!).

Check my 'midi signal problem' thread in the general section.

Still not gettin any feedback from the VDJ team on the issue, it's so annoying as it means you cant use the 'scratch' curve.

Posted Thu 03 Jul 08 @ 10:38 am
47%