Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Download: Xone:3D Midi map by Paz

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hey all,

I've been mucking about with my Xone 3D for about a month now and I simply love it's control surface. Soundcard leaves more to be desired, but its good enough to just take the lappie and mixer and plugin!

Anyhow, I've spent quite some time working on a midimap which suits my preferences and thought i should share with the community.

This is version 1 of the midimap and comes complete with the template overlays. You can download both the xml file and 1:1 overlay image here:

http://www.djpaz.net/images/Xone3D_Overlay_v1.zip

The labels in blue are for pushbuttons and the labels in green are the knobs. Hopefully some of you will find this usefull. Because there are so many control surfaces and so many options in VDJ, I mapped the ones that I find usefull in my mixing adventures.

NOTES (Wishes):
- the loop select should allow a value or increment so you can use a knob or button to increment the values instead of the stupid popup which is useless if you dont want to lunge for your mouse
- the load_sample function should have a '0' value which allows you to load the currently select sample on deck X. this would allow me to cut the number of buttons down to just one knob for select and one knob for load...

Posted Fri 11 Jan 08 @ 6:32 am
A little "big" question:
I've tried your midimap on my XONE3d but didn't work.
Could you please upload some instructions for load this map on Vdj?
thanks.

PS: I've loaded in "External Sources" and choose midi generic.

Phenomeno

Posted Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 5:00 am
Ok, good call.

Instrutions for 5r6+

Before starting, make sure the xml file is saved somewhere you can find it.

1) Make sure your driver is working and that when you turn the Xone:3D on, everything is connected and ok.
2) Goto the Remote Control tab in config.
3) Right click on General Midi and make sure Activate is on
4) Right click again on General Midi and select config
5) In the config window, click on Load (suggested you save your current config first for backup)
6) Find the file and click Open
7) Then click Save.

That should be it... Refer to the image for how the mapping works.

Posted Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 10:52 am
thanks
I try it tomorrow.
Thank you!
Hello from Italy

Posted Wed 06 Feb 08 @ 1:16 pm
djfrizPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Thanks Paz!!!!! Finally someone help me and my 3D
Bye from Italy too.
Friz

P.S. I've post some picture of my new 3d set up on my blog...

Posted Thu 07 Feb 08 @ 1:20 am
djfrizPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Thu 07 Feb 08 @ 2:33 am
Ho visto il tuo blog !!!
Complimenti per il case!
Notevolissimo.

Posted Fri 08 Feb 08 @ 8:12 am
maybe i'm stupid.
Maybe.
But the map file didn't work.

My configuration for the xone:

Posted Fri 08 Feb 08 @ 12:25 pm

Posted Fri 08 Feb 08 @ 12:38 pm
Hmmm, that looks fine. Ive added these images of things to check.

First I also suggest you download the firmware update and use the same tool to upload it. fyi, i take no responsibility for anyone buggering their xone:3d because they applied the wrong firmware or did it wrong, so read the instructions carefully at least twice before proceeding.

Before updating the firmware, make sure your xone is on and not in the bottom right of my image, it says Xone:3D v1.25 connected. This is the firmware version. Usually it ships with v1.10. You absolutely need at least 1.10 as that is when the midi support was added which you need with VDJ.

http://www.xone.co.uk/3d_fupdate.html

this is for a 3-channel setup. You need the second mode (2 stereo in/2 stereo out) if you want to use TCV.

this vdj setting allows you to have the samples play from channel 3. you cannot use this if you want to use TCV. in that case use the regular external mixer setting.

You need to make sure the SC buttons are on. for TCV usage, turn the third SC channel button off

now some questions for debugging:
1) have you confirmed that the audio is at least working?
2) if not, its the midi that is not. ensure that nothing else is using the midi on the xone:3d. I have found that when i open vdj with other programs like orion platinum or ableton live, they take over the midi and render my vdj mappings useless.

Posted Fri 08 Feb 08 @ 10:07 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)