Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: BCD2000 Support

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DaGManPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hi Guys

I'm confused, I have asked previously if the BCD2000 works with VirtualDJ and the overwhelming answer was NO. Yet after 6 months I come back and see they still saying it works??? On the hardware page they say "BCD2000 is another all-in-one controller that can work well with VirtualDJ." I have tried the Trial Version and get shocking sound quality after 20 min, freezing is still an issue and Yes I have read the 300 odd pages of tweaks to XP to make it work, have tried 2 Laptops and a Desktop (all P4 3.00Ghz or better). I went one further and installed XP Lite and removed all the options except the basic XP (no themes, no updates, no time, no LAN, no programs, fresh install) and still the same problems. I see that there is a new version 5, has this fixed some of the problems?? or is the hardware page not updated to the opinions on the forum??

Posted Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 1:06 am
Actually, most of the issues can be traced back to the BCD itself, it's crap drivers and the fact it has, in fact, been discontinued and replace with the BCD3000. Not that I know that one is any better..

Posted Sat 08 Sep 07 @ 6:59 pm
tanziPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Sorry if i keep on posting this over and over again.
But as long as some of the users here keep on posting that it's all Behringers fault, there should be one to point out some facts. Even if Atomix might not want to accept them!

I own a BCD2000 and Traktor works flawless together with it!

- no crashes
- assignable buttons
- working LED's
- working Mic
- working analog IN
- better sound than VDJ

So maybe not all problems are caused by Behringer. Otherwise i should have the same problems with Traktor, should'nt i?

@palheu
how meny new versions of VDJ have been released since the BCD came in stock?
all because the previous versions where crap?

V3x / V4x /V5 and now V5 rev2
all because the previous where crap? or maybe just improvement?!

Posted Sun 09 Sep 07 @ 1:07 pm
Just consider that traktor le has an agreement with behringer so I guess they are provided with the source codes, vdj no...

Posted Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 7:38 pm
Traktor has an agreement with Behringer since the BCD3K came in stock.
Traktor and BCD2K worked well together long before.
And how about DJ-Decks?

I think the problem is more related to the agreement between Atomix an Numark ;)

Posted Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 10:44 pm
So still none the wiser, it does not work? yet is being advertised as "BCD2000 is another all-in-one controller that can work well with VirtualDJ"??? What gives with that, will keep an eye out but someone needs to decide, sounds like the owners of BCD's say it doesn't work but VirtualDJ Team say it does.

Posted Thu 13 Sep 07 @ 1:32 am
It works (for me)

without mic
without analog-in
with very restricted ways of button mapping

so if you call this "working" .... yes it works (for me)

Amilo Pro V2000
512MB
Intel Pentium "M" 1,4MHz
BCD2000 newest drivers from Behringer
WLAN "off"
ALL settings for Powersaving "off"
WIN XP SP2

right now i'm using Traktor because of the mic-support

Bye Tanzi

Posted Fri 14 Sep 07 @ 12:30 am
Well, everyone uses the software that better fits themselves, I use vdj cause I mix videos and karaoke, formats that neither traktor or B-DJ support, regards,

Posted Fri 14 Sep 07 @ 2:05 am
Well, VDJ might fit the BCD users very well also. (in my kind i would really like to use VDJ instead of Traktor because of Video)
The problem is the technical limitation of VDJ that does not allow the BCD users to choose VDJ if they want full support of all the BCD's features.

Bye tanzi

Posted Fri 14 Sep 07 @ 11:31 am
There is a (known by Behringer) hardware issue with a large number of BCD2000 units which shows itself by locking up the MIDI controller and software it is connected to, also sound is frozen. This issue is reproducible with any software that will accept the BCD as controller.

Behringer offered to replace my BCD2000 with a new one when I addressed the issue with them. IN all honesty I never did because I stopped using it anyway and have no intention of returning to it.. But they did offer a replacement..

Besides that, the drivers supplied by Behringer are very flakey and easily go wrong/crash or cause other issues. Just because some seem to have no issues the fact remains that they are flakey.. May more people do in fact have more or less serious problems..

Posted Sun 16 Sep 07 @ 9:02 pm
So if the BCD2000 is (in your mind) such a complete faulty design why do Traktor have no crashes with it?
Why is Midi so perfectly working with Traktor and BCD2000?
Why is Traktor able to support this weird ASIO-IN if the drivers are so flaky (in a very stable way btw)

Its very well known that most of the problems are between VDJ and the BCD.
Meny of the other DF-Soft is supporting the features of the BCD in a better way and have less problems with the hardware & drivers you call so malfunctioning.

Bye Tanzi

Posted Mon 17 Sep 07 @ 1:00 am
That's funny. The people on this forum about a year ago or two told me that the BCD2000 worked great so I bought one. It does not work 100% well. No mic and I can't get it to use the cue headphone jack. I use it mostly as a controller instead. It is a shame. I thought I read in the Hardware section that NuMark and Atomic and going to come up with the ultimate controller and I hope that is what I can get and expect no problems with it. I already blowed $200 on this half working hardware. It works great with the original B-DJ software, but that software is limited in what it can do.

Posted Mon 17 Sep 07 @ 10:26 pm
Thanks Tanzi, you are right, it works flawlessly with Traktor using the midi mapper. Well how does that make it a Behringer fault then, seems more like it does not work in VirtualDJ.

If it does not work why do VirtualDJ say it does and add it to the Hardware page saying it works well with VirtualDJ? I am not trying to start something but the truth needs to be told, you can't keep blaming Behringer and say the unit has a faulty sound card when it works with Traktor and if it does not work with VirtualDJ the don't advertise that it does.

Theer are many who have put the BCD one side waiting for better support. By the way I do not like the layout of Traktor, VirtualDJ has a great interface and is far more logical, even looks more the BCD2000 than Traktor.

Posted Wed 26 Sep 07 @ 9:19 am
If traktor works 100% stable is because behringer work with them so they have the source codes and atomix no.

Posted Thu 27 Sep 07 @ 3:35 am
if i might quote myself:

Quote :
Traktor has an agreement with Behringer since the BCD3K came in stock.
Traktor and BCD2K worked well together long before.

Bye Tanzi

Posted Fri 28 Sep 07 @ 12:26 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)