Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DJConsole MK2/MP3 - Vista update - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Dev staffHome userSenior staffMember since 2003
VirtualDJ DJConsole edition v3.4.1 is now available in download center for all DJConsole MK2/MP3 registred users. This version is Vista compatible.

Drivers for Hercules needed (firmware/driver update)

For the Hercules MK2 (the one with included soundcard) :
ftp://ftp.hercules.com/pub/webupdate/DJMk2/2007_CMK2_2.exe

For the Hercules MP3 (the one without a soundcard) :
ftp://ftp.hercules.com/pub/webupdate/DJMP3/2007_CMP3_1.exe

Posted Wed 14 Mar 07 @ 4:33 pm
leke007Home userMember since 2007
Am still having problem even after installing the patch the error was about DirectX pls I need help am using it with Hercules Mk2

Posted Thu 15 Mar 07 @ 1:31 am
Me too....

I am becoming less and less of a fan of Vista every day now.

Posted Thu 15 Mar 07 @ 2:30 am
I hope get some result before the end of the month because i have a show then

Posted Thu 15 Mar 07 @ 2:39 am
moramaxPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
try to disconnect ALL usb device and connect to the pc only djconsole.
The usb conflicts could be cause this kind of error.

Posted Thu 15 Mar 07 @ 9:06 am
Yes I did that and still the same problem I think it's vista

Posted Thu 15 Mar 07 @ 9:38 am
loganfield wrote :
Me too....

I am becoming less and less of a fan of Vista every day now.

Me too! Sucks!

Posted Thu 15 Mar 07 @ 1:40 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i will be testing this tonite on my vista systems.

Posted Thu 15 Mar 07 @ 2:05 pm
I was psyched to see the download available for the MK2 version software today and guess what... DirectX sound driver error??? I tried to uninstall reinstall both the software and drivers multiple times but no luck... I even tried upgraded DirectX.... I even got rid of DirectX to see if that would do anything.... Now I reinstalled everything from scratch and still the same deal... Not sure if the wifi or something else on board the computer could be interacting... Yikes... Okay well I will get back to trying some more things...

Posted Fri 16 Mar 07 @ 2:23 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Install the software as administrator on Vista

Posted Fri 16 Mar 07 @ 2:46 am
Do I need to uninstall again and then install as administrator??? I just tried to reload it as a admin with taking out and that did not work... It appears that the driver for the MK2 is working correctly but for some reason as soon as I go to run the software for VDJ the directx sound driver comes up and nothing can be done.... I looked for a way to configure the VDJ under properties hoping that maybe I am setting up something wrong... Oh boy well tomorrow is another day... I need to catch some zzzz's

Posted Fri 16 Mar 07 @ 3:12 am
yes install as admin so all the nessary files are installed

Posted Fri 16 Mar 07 @ 11:35 am
skyfxl wrote :
i will be testing this tonite on my vista systems.

any good reports?

Posted Fri 16 Mar 07 @ 1:36 pm
sorry not yet , been preparing for my bbc radio interview :)

Posted Fri 16 Mar 07 @ 2:44 pm
practicing yer shameless plugs ????? try not to be nervous just cuz the whole WORLD will be listening

Posted Fri 16 Mar 07 @ 2:58 pm
skyfxl wrote :
sorry not yet , been preparing for my bbc radio interview :)

interview at BBC???

Posted Fri 16 Mar 07 @ 2:59 pm
been hacking again im afraid lol =D

Posted Fri 16 Mar 07 @ 3:29 pm
hi there can someone offer some advise on how to use this software on vista, it was running fine on xp, i dont really care about bbc interviews i care about being able to use my virtual dj with vista...............im getting mad now

Posted Fri 16 Mar 07 @ 5:22 pm
Any success??? Anyone??? I am going to be leaving work soon so it would be nice to go home and get my VDJ up and running with my MK2.... I still think the directx problem may have something to do with a set up issue... Maybe I need to set up something using Traktor first???

Okay well if anyone got it working let the rest of know... I am hoping that since so many people have not reposted that they have their units up and working..

Dave..

Posted Fri 16 Mar 07 @ 6:57 pm
First make sure that the console's firmware has been update correctly ( check in DJ Console MK2 Mixer in section About). You should normally get 13.7 or 13.6 depending on the console release.
Finally have something working...
From Hercules:

The firmware update should normally be launched automatically at the end of the installation, but there seems to be a problem there.
To proceed , launch the application ( HDJUpdater.exe) in Program Files/ Hercules/Audio/DJ Console Series/ MK2/Updater/HDJ2Updater

- Uninstall Virtual DJ AND the DJ console drivers, then proceed as follow:

1- Install the drivers first, as Administrator ( right click on the EXE, select "Run as Administrator")

2- Once the installation is complet and the computer as rebooted, proceed in the same manner for Virtual DJ

Posted Sat 17 Mar 07 @ 12:28 pm
10%