Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Final Scratch open !!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I was looking on the stanton site and I found this. FSopen

Maybe you allready know this, but now with the scratchamp you can use every software you want, or am I wrong?

greatz....

Solarius

Posted Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 6:36 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
"FSdk

Stanton has now opened the Final Scratch format, allowing all software companies, big and small, to take advantage of time code support. We believe that by providing this technology free of charge to developers, as well as linking its use with the ScratchAmp, FinalScratch users will now enjoy an unbelievable new realm of possibility. FinalScratch OPEN now has the potential to become a cross software standard for vinyl control.

With FinalScratch OPEN, we are now shipping the world-class Stanton ScratchAmp as a standalone piece at an incredible value, and working with software developers to offer DJs the opportunity to choose the option thatÕs best for them. As an existing ScratchAmp owner, you can enjoy this benefit immediately! Stay tuned for the next steps...

"

very interesting

Posted Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 6:39 pm
yes, I am looking 4 a new soundcard maybe the scratchamp is a good idea. But how much will it cost that's the question.

greatz

Posted Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 6:43 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
possibly even cheaper as you dont have to buy the limited version of tracktor

Posted Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 6:51 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I hope Atomix will support their native drivers... Damn, it's FinalScratch! The Maya44 and ESI U46DJ have become out, now the're's an OPEN FinalScratch! Cool! And it has also MIDI ports for other controllers to be connected!

Posted Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 10:44 pm
mainedjPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I wish they had that when I bought my firebox!!!
Ebay, unless I can figure it out.

Posted Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 11:07 pm

Traktor and ScratchBox (hardware from Stanton) have deviced, and as a result, Stanton release the timecode algorith and the box open for any software to support...

Lets see if VDJ adds support for it:)

Posted Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 11:32 pm
i use the final scratch scratch amp now and its grrrrrrrrrrrrreat and stable and rugged!!! i just wish the final scratch tcv vinyl worked with vdj cause its ten times stronger and nicer than vdj tcv.

Posted Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 11:53 pm

the timecode algo (and hence the vinyls) are now open source too ;)

so its quite possible ;)

Posted Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 11:56 pm
well who do i have to pay to get vdj to fully support final scratch so i can use final scratch tcv rignt now!! lol im sooooooooo impatient

Posted Fri 19 Jan 07 @ 12:09 am

VDJ upgrades have always been free ;)

So lets wait and see what Dev Team says when they are back form "Mac Camp" :)

Posted Fri 19 Jan 07 @ 12:20 am
i wonder if we could get vdj to crash like fs2 if we use the scratch amp.

Posted Fri 19 Jan 07 @ 12:38 am
hehe.. if added, hope VDJ reads the algo better than Native Instruments/Traktor.

Posted Fri 19 Jan 07 @ 1:04 am
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Everything depensa on how the algorythm is written... I've always told to use FFTW to transform from- and to- analog-to-digital audio signals... It's the best library which can be found over the Net; and it's FREE!
Anyway, I hope they'll optimise the source code well... maybe by putting heavy threads on the second core of a multicore CPU (like the ones for FFT-domain signals)!

Posted Fri 19 Jan 07 @ 1:49 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :
hehe.. if added, hope VDJ reads the algo better than Native Instruments/Traktor.

I know from experience that would not bee too hard.. ;)

I have used FS vinyl with dj***ks (PUN..lol) for quite a while. It tracks better then traktor does..

Posted Fri 19 Jan 07 @ 3:11 pm
I hope the price 4 the scratchamp not be to high.

Greatz

Posted Sun 21 Jan 07 @ 6:46 pm
why would you want final scratch's algorhythm? VDJ's is perfect....

I've been using it every night of the week since the last update... it's 100% stable, and with the maudio delta 1010lt card, there is zero latency...

I've already converted one serato person to VDJ, and they're actually happier now! They agree... our timecode is perfect!

and I'm using shitty needles that wouldn't even read timecode before the update, and allegedly "Bad" vinyls... since the update, everything is 100% 100% of the time... absolutely no issues... rock solid!

I'm still so stoked to be able to use this every night of the week in my mobile system!

Posted Sun 21 Jan 07 @ 8:11 pm
Steve Lynch wrote :
why would you want final scratch's algorhythm? VDJ's is perfect....

I've been using it every night of the week since the last update... it's 100% stable, and with the maudio delta 1010lt card, there is zero latency...

I've already converted one serato person to VDJ, and they're actually happier now! They agree... our timecode is perfect!

Its perfect with the right soundcard;)

Posted Sun 21 Jan 07 @ 8:17 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)