Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Looking for a good MP3 controller

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am looking for a good MP3 controller that actually works with VDJ. I would prefer input only on contollers that have been actually used. i know there are some out there waiting in the wings. I mainly do mobile so i am looking for something compact and dependable. I already use Hercules but i am really looking for something a little more perfessional.

Posted Wed 02 Nov 05 @ 5:12 pm
DAC-2 controller has been used by many users for a long time and has full support in Virtual DJ. The newly released DAC-3 has today only midi support, but soon hopefully native support. (DAC-3 is ofcourse a bit more expensive than it's predecessor.) For more pro look and feel I'd recommend either one.

Posted Wed 02 Nov 05 @ 6:15 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
The 3 is also 3U.
Couple up a dac 2 with a Rane MP2 and you've got a dynomite little package the same size as the 3.
Fits like a latex glove.

Posted Wed 02 Nov 05 @ 6:28 pm
DJJAMMPRO InfinityMember since 2005
hey wait untill vDj has support for the dac 3 , Ive tried countlessly to use mine and to no avail I have failed to get it to work. Im having some major issue with windows xp and virtual dj connecting the dac to the midi- yoke driver which is supported by pcdj.. funny huh that I cannot get much help on getting this to work.

Posted Wed 02 Nov 05 @ 10:19 pm
My DAC-3 has worked great since getting it connected and mapped up in VDJ. Only problem is inverted pitch sliders (Applies to most MIDI contrllers in VDJ at present, hopefully will be fixed), and lack of LCD displays/lighted buttons (These will only work when native support is added to VDJ.)

Make sure you don't have any other MIDI devices installed or connected to your PC/laptop - These may conflict with the PCDJ driver/MIDI Yoke and prevent you from using the DAC-3 as a MIDI device (I've had to stop using my Evolution UC-16 for now.)

You will need my updated VDJ MIDI preset file from http://www.jcdigita.com/virtualdj - The default preset will not work with VDJ's MIDI support. Ready-made MIDI shortcuts for adding to VDJ's shortcuts.xml can also be downloaded from there.

Posted Thu 03 Nov 05 @ 1:01 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Right now the only real good (but -VERY- expensive...) midi controller is the Xone3D.
But i'm prety sure that this is only the beginning, next years i smell... many controllers to come, and from the "big" dj hardware companies..

Posted Thu 03 Nov 05 @ 3:40 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Gawd I almost bought one of those last week, settled on a Pioneer DJM 3000 instead.
$2500 bucks was a bit much to part with, back to the future I guess.
I agree ^ it's only the beginning.

Posted Thu 03 Nov 05 @ 12:42 pm
I just wish the manufactures would understand that there is a market for something like the Hercules or the Berhinger bcd2000 and make some thing solid for professional use. I am a Numark supporter and i tried emailing them with some feed back but they just blew me off. I know they will come around but i wish it would be sooner rather than later.

Posted Thu 03 Nov 05 @ 5:08 pm
Like Numark aswell, and I hope they'll come around. Numark was however one of the first to come with a really simple but professional mp3 controller back in the days, and was supported by ATOMMIX MP3 and Virtual DJ, but they stopped making those.
Can't really say that the hercules has a professional look to me, it doesn't appeal me at all. But a "DAC-3-look-a-like" 19" rack mountable unit with some mixing features should be nice, so you easily can mix video aswell would be great, instead of using keyboard shortcuts.

Posted Thu 03 Nov 05 @ 5:50 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)