Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Asio4all driver ... When and why...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
ASIO4ALL (www.Asio4all.com)

This is a special kind of driver (...and FREE), and
there is a briliant person behind it (i know because i made beta testing for him sometime for the MayaEX and usb cards support).
It's a really well working driver in many cases, but it is NOT a native Asio driver but an adapter to the existing Wdm driver.
Therefore, preformance depends on the wdm driver and i can recommend it only in special cases, like the Esi u46dj and Audiotrak Maya44 MK2 (pci version) where the "official" asio driver has a compatibility problem with Virtual dj, (and this is something the team still have to look at.)
Asio4all is also the ONLY solution for on-board or cheap cards without native Asio drivers.
(the majority of the cheap soundcards, ...Asio is a pro feature)
(ASIO= Audio Streaming Input Output)
Just wanted to clarify when and why the use of this driver is necessary.

Posted Mon 10 Oct 05 @ 11:02 am
plase help time codec asio u46dj drivers

Posted Mon 04 Sep 06 @ 4:23 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I dont know what you mean, but let me correct what i wrote about the esi u46dj.
There was a problem with this card at that time, but for now its all well.
Use the Esi asio drivers.

Posted Mon 04 Sep 06 @ 4:32 pm
ASIO4ALL (www.Asio4all.com)

This is a special kind of driver (...and FREE), and
there is a briliant person behind it (i know because i made beta testing for him sometime for the MayaEX and usb cards support).
It's a really well working driver in many cases, but it is NOT a native Asio driver but an adapter to the existing Wdm driver.
Therefore, preformance depends on the wdm driver and i can recommend it only in special cases, like the Esi u46dj and Audiotrak Maya44 MK2 (pci version) where the "official" asio driver has a compatibility problem with Virtual dj, (and this is something the team still have to look at.)
Asio4all is also the ONLY solution for on-board or cheap cards without native Asio drivers.
(the majority of the cheap soundcards, ...Asio is a pro feature)
(ASIO= Audio Streaming Input Output)
Just wanted to clarify when and why the use of this driver is necessary.

Posted Sat 08 Aug 09 @ 12:46 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)