Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Rumor: Leaked Release Date?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

A little birdie told me that Atomixmp3 1.2 is at the very last phase of production. The team is wrapping things up and is currently in the process of negotiating the download procedure with download.com. The proposed date is 5/18/01 with the following new features:

- 3 Band EQ for L/R Decks
- CD Cue Engine
- Multiple Cue Spots for Precise Looping
- Key Mapping
- Improved Monitor Support
- Improved Real Time Waveform Display
- New Skin Engine
- Ability to read WAV/MP3/WMA/CDA

Prepare yourselves. It's finally coming.

Posted Tue 08 May 01 @ 1:03 am
That's some little birdie...

Sounds a little bit too good to be true. I'll belive it when I see it, or when someone from the team confirms. Until then it is for me just a rumour getting everybody's hopes up.

It would be nice though, IF it was true.

Well,- Yan-X - Risc - mama - claire - , is it?

-Jim Nordic

Posted Tue 08 May 01 @ 2:32 am
Well if the new version is going to be released as stated in the original post, there goes my idea of pleasing the crowd for this weekend.... =(

Oh well maybe next time... =)

Posted Tue 08 May 01 @ 3:26 pm
Hmmmm - a birdie ???

Sounds more like a MOLE !!!

Only an insider would know that much !!!

Wait and see how true that really was!!!!!!!!

Posted Wed 09 May 01 @ 12:08 am
- Multiple Cue Spots for Precise Looping
- Ability to read WAV/MP3/WMA/CDA

My understanding from earlier postings is that there is not going to be WMA support (no one uses it) and what comes to CDDA, only some drives can read it fast and reliable enough so it doesn't skip and can be pitched up to 33%.

I also understood there is no Looping, probably just ability to put multiple cue points. Wouldn't be hard to select two and have program run them over, but we shall see. I would like a phrase looper..

Posted Wed 09 May 01 @ 4:57 pm
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
YO! what this new rumors!

You're lucky! I can't delete it now!
Just here to say you that as always it is a false rumors... and this for all release date AND features...

We don't work with Download.com but CNET.com
you just have to click on the download button to see it.

Last, what this list of new features...
It is very easy to say a lot of thing and finally lot of our user will be sad about the new version. I'm sorry to say that to my knowledge the new version has not again all this possibilities. We are developping numbers of them but wa can't add it for the 1.2 version... so it will be for another time...

Posted Wed 09 May 01 @ 6:18 pm
Doesn't c|net own www.download.com?

Posted Wed 09 May 01 @ 8:26 pm
Uhh roger houston that is an AFFIRM on the C/NET owning download.com

Posted Wed 09 May 01 @ 8:44 pm
I love the current version of Atomix...But. What is the point of releasing a new version if it doesn't fix the short-comings of the current one? The list at the top is nothing more than most Atomix users would be expecting from a new version. Or are you playing it down a bit?

Posted Wed 09 May 01 @ 10:21 pm
Incase you'd been paying more attention to the board lately, you'd know that the new version doesn't actually have anything new superficially. I believe that they've made the most basic stuff again so that new features can be more easily added later on without digging back too much.

Posted Thu 10 May 01 @ 10:02 am
to *******@hotmail.com

Do you have nothing better to do? !?!

Posted Fri 18 May 01 @ 10:22 pm
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Yeah one of the anonymous post say the true we have completely rewritten part of the source code, mostly in the display engine.

Stephane is now working hard to finish the lastest step before beta testing step.
We all hope that now we will be able soon to test the beta and to confirm to Steph that it IS the version we want to see next.

Posted Fri 18 May 01 @ 11:09 pm
well it is the 21st!! so that release date is wrong. just like every other release date they set!! this is crap!
i have an email from sometimes in december-january from an atomix crew member that said that the new version of it would be out very soon! as in a month at the latest!!
just as well u people dont have a deadline to meet!

Posted Mon 21 May 01 @ 3:06 pm
LIAR, LIAR!!!!

Posted Sat 02 Jun 01 @ 4:41 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)