Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Track "linking" windows plugin
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I've made a windows plugin for "linking" tracks

a masterfx, 4 buttons, for 2 decks
1st button adds the filename of deck 1 on to the grouping tag of deck 2
2nd button does the other way round
3rd button reads the grouping tag of deck 1 and automagically creates a standard filter filled with the tracks, and jumps to that filter
4 button same thing but opposite deck

so really you'd only need 2 custom buttons per side, 1 link the other track to this deck and 2 pull up the list for this deck, and completely forget about using the masterfx gui

I've given it a 16MB allowance for track names [not sure if ID3 has a limit] so plenty [over kill I think]
I don't think I'll go for 4 decks, because that would add 12 buttons to the plugin and that feels a bit much.

I also made a script to automatically read a playlist line by line to add the previous line's filename to the currently line's grouping tag, just something to save effort and make the plugin useful quickly

I need a tester or two for accented chars but Japanese, Russian & Greek are checking out so far. Give me a pm or post here

Posted Wed 19 May 21 @ 12:27 pm
Update, I was having a problem with the jump to filter part of the plugin.
But that's solved now.

So it's done as far as I can test personally. But I'd like for a decent run of beta testing before it goes into the wild.

So if you're Windows user, Have your Grouping tag free and want to give me a hand, post up.

Posted Thu 20 May 21 @ 12:16 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Of course I would like to help, but I'm afraid not being able to run "decent tests" only trying to fake a "reasonable" beta tester ;p)

How did you resolved the "jump to filter" part ? I crashed VDJ tenth of times by trying
(unless you use a rs loop)

Posted Thu 20 May 21 @ 1:28 am
I used "filters://" then when the browser sat pointing at that, I get_browsed_folder to fill a char array with the local translation [I went down a non ascii rabbit hole for a few hours and then realised vdj could sort all that out for me :) ]
I'll send you a pm, and I'll give you a couple of scripts I found handy.

Posted Thu 20 May 21 @ 1:48 am
it's made to be a master fx and it doesn't need to be switched on, for easiest use probably best to use 2 customs [per deck]

one prerequisite is filters has to be a root folder

Makes note of a good mix, mark the other deck with this decks details
action_deck 1 ? deck master effect_button 'sticky' 1 : deck master effect_button 'sticky' 2

Creates and pulls up your good mix list for the track on this deck
action_deck 1 ? deck master effect_button 'sticky' 3 : deck master effect_button 'sticky' 4

I made this little script to save some pain for linking files from a playlist, it will populate grouping with the previous file in a playlist
just open a playlist, ensure reset sort order and press

set 'memory' 0 & browser_window 'songs' & browser_scroll 'bottom' & set 'memory' `get_browsed_song 'filename'` & repeat_start 'scroll' 25ms -1 & browser_scroll 'top' ? repeat_stop 'scroll' : browser_scroll -1 & param_add "get_text '`get_var memory`|'" "get_browsed_song 'grouping'" & param_cast 'text' & browsed_song 'grouping' & set 'memory' `get_browsed_song 'filename'`

Posted Thu 20 May 21 @ 1:54 am
Well I'm an idiot, There's 2 steps to this plugin & 2 ways I could do it.
And I used way 1 for step 1 and way 2 for step 2, so it looked like it worked but logically it didn't.

Fixed, Finished & Uploaded

Posted Fri 21 May 21 @ 2:41 pm
well i think i was to write about that... ^^

Opposite way, no need of a script to list ...
just use search
search_options grouping on & deck 0 get_loaded_song filename & param_cast text & search & repeat_start wt 250ms 1 & search_options grouping off

Posted Fri 21 May 21 @ 3:09 pm
Hi Locodoc,
can i have the plugin?

Posted Fri 21 May 21 @ 3:10 pm
uploaded ... wanna say... waiting for review
it's will come ... or not depends on Team now

Posted Fri 21 May 21 @ 3:12 pm
@Benz Werner PM'd

Posted Fri 21 May 21 @ 3:51 pm
@Locodoc, thanks!!