Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Broadcasting/recording with a controller and USB Mixer

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

SploitsHome userMember since 2020
Hi,

I broadcast on a local internet radio station and have been using VDJ along with a Mixars controller. Every was working well apart from the Mic level was low and would lower if any music was being played and I was constantly having to duck all the time.
I decided to treat myself to a Behringer Xenyx Q1202 USB Mixer and a XLR Condenser Mic in the hope that my mic levels would be higher and I wouldn't have to duck as much (if at all).
I have tried and tried to set it up within the audio config section of VDJ and I just can't get it to work.
The way I have it set up is:

OUTPUTS
Speaker + Headphone

HARDWARE
Mixars Primo

INPUTS
Microphone

Outputs
Master - Mixars (ASIO) Driver (I have this connected to a surround sound under my desk so I can hear the music live)
Sampler - Mixars (ASIO) Driver
Headphones - Mixars (ASIO) Driver (So I can listen to my next song to cue etc)

Inputs
Mic - USB Audio CODEC (WASAPI)

The only cables I have going anywhere is from the Mixars Master out to the surround sound

When I go to record it only records what the Mixars is playing. There is no mic sound. I have enabled the USB as the mic source within Windows 10. When I speak to USB Mixer is picking up the sound and it shows within the Windows 10 sound settings (blue bar flies up when I speak).

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I've spent days on this and can't figure it out :(

Posted Mon 01 Jun 20 @ 9:36 am
Configuration in VDJ looks OK.

The mic input - is that the USB audio from the Xenyx? The mic is plugged into the Xenyx, which is then connected to the computer via USB, yes?

First things first. Have you actually switched the mic on, in whichever skin you're using?

Posted Mon 01 Jun 20 @ 9:54 am
SploitsHome userMember since 2020
Hi groovindj,

You are a star!! I've never had a separate mic (other than what was on the controller) and didn't realise I had to have it switched on within VDJ (feel totally stupid now). I had to set it up as a custom button as mic but once I switched it on I could hear myself on my surround sound and then I done a quick recording and it worked!

Thank you so much!

Posted Mon 01 Jun 20 @ 10:09 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)