Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: DVS Anti Drift Feature similar to Serato.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am pretty impressed overall with DVS on Virtual DJ. However its pretty frustrating the BPM jumping all over the place after moving the pitch slider when trying to mix. Can definitely hear it when a track is playing. Using Technics 1200 Mk2s along with a Pioneer DJM-S9. I am not sure if this has been brought up before. But I don't have issues with BPM jumping all over the place with Serato or even Rekordbox DJ using DVS. So would I would like to see some improvement in that area by possibly adding a anti drift feature. Or if its something that can be addressed. Been using Virtual DJ for only a year but with my Pioneer DDJ-SX as of late.

Posted Fri 14 Jun 19 @ 11:27 pm
I have the same issue. It's pretty clear to me that VDJ has placed their eggs in the controller market basket. Can't blame necessarily, but it would certainly be nice to have sustained support for DVS users.

Posted Wed 07 Aug 19 @ 12:39 pm
Love how they don't even chime in.

Posted Sat 10 Aug 19 @ 1:24 pm
Perhaps if you gave them some information to go on, rather than just saying "same issue"...

What kit are you using? Technics 1200 Mk2s and DJM-S9 (as you said "same issue")? Something different? If so, what?

What time code vinyl are you using? Have you tried any others?

Mac? PC? What OS? 32 bit or 64 bit VDJ? Which build? Have you tried other builds? How long have you had the issue?

As you said "same issue" does that mean you also tried Serato and Rekordbox?

Posted Sat 10 Aug 19 @ 1:37 pm
I have tested it on the exact same setup specified (Technics 1200 Mk2s and DJM-S9). Also the below - multiple configs. I used the internal sound cards for the pioneer mixers and also tested it on the External Denon DJ DS1 DVS Card.

Tables tested:
Technics 1200 Mk2s
Numark TTX
RP-8000 mk1s

Mixers tested:
DJM900nxs2
DJM-S9
Numark DXM09

Windows 64 bit.

Using the current build. Past versions for about a year.

Let me know if you need anything else. I'd be happy to provide.

Posted Sat 10 Aug 19 @ 3:43 pm
Yes, I have both Serato, Traktor, and Rekordbox. I do not have the same issue with them.

Additionally, I've tried:

-Power Conditioner to remove signal noise.
-Multiple turntables (same exact issue)
-Multiple cartridges/needles (ortofon;stanton;shure)
-Serato DVS Vinyl and Numark Virtual Vinyl
-DVS settings - nothing seems to change this

Posted Sat 10 Aug 19 @ 3:45 pm
Windows 10 64 bit
Lenovo Legion gaming laptop
i7 8th Gen
16 gb ram
4 gb nvidia GeForce GTX

Posted Mon 04 Jan 21 @ 1:53 am
DJ Paul MNDJ1 wrote :
Windows 10 64 bit
Lenovo Legion gaming laptop
i7 8th Gen
16 gb ram
4 gb nvidia GeForce GTX

Woah that's a late response - over a year ago. Anyway, that's a start, but not even half the information we'd need to help you with this issue.

Posted Mon 04 Jan 21 @ 5:29 pm
DJ Paul MNDJ1 wrote :
the BPM jumping all over the place

You mean the display of the BPM value on the skin?

I'm sure this has been mentioned by some before. IIRC the reply was that other software "rounds off" the display so that the value appears steady, whereas VDJ displays the true 'non rounded' value - which fluctuates.

How many fractional digits are you displaying for BPM? Obviously the more you display, the worse it will appear, because you're seeing the tiniest changes.

Having the true value rounded off will just hide the variations cause by wow/flutter. It won't stop the turntable from doing it.

Posted Mon 04 Jan 21 @ 7:07 pm
NosvenLE userMember since 2015
groovindj wrote :
DJ Paul MNDJ1 wrote :
the BPM jumping all over the place

You mean the display of the BPM value on the skin?

I'm sure this has been mentioned by some before. IIRC the reply was that other software "rounds off" the display so that the value appears steady, whereas VDJ displays the true 'non rounded' value - which fluctuates.

How many fractional digits are you displaying for BPM? Obviously the more you display, the worse it will appear, because you're seeing the tiniest changes.

Having the true value rounded off will just hide the variations cause by wow/flutter. It won't stop the turntable from doing it.

I think he's trying to say when he moves the 1200 mk2 pitch fader, VDJ reads it incorrectly. I find this to be true when testing DVS. This inaccurate BPM is pretty obvious. When you set your pitch range in VDJ to the same pitch range as your turntable (for instance +12 to-12) and move the hardware pitch fader to either +12 or -12 you will see that VDJ will display anywhere from +11.7 to +12.0 and -11.7 to12.0.

This makes BPM in VDJ inconsistent when using DVS. Issue such as this should've been nailed a long time ago. In Traktor the pitch is spot on. I feel not all VDJ features can be done in-house. Most DVS software had to seek outside help with some of there features.

Posted Fri 22 Jan 21 @ 2:38 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)