Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Most Wanted Features

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

OK so I have downloaded the release preview of VDJ8 and instantly fell in love with it. First things I did were install the MultiFX skin, update the Mac drivers for my controllers, and get rid of my Bootcamp partition since the Traktor F1 is now fully recognized on OS X!

After a few hours of testing the software I've decided to open a thread for you to post the features you would like to see the most when the official release comes.

I'll start:
-- Tested on a Late-2013 rMBP 13" 2.4ghz, 16MB ram --
* [AUDIO] Headroom -- As I am using the "Full" crossfader curve, I appreciated the 6dB of headroom VDJ7.4 offered to avoid clipping while mixing two tracks together.
* [EFFECTS] Turning Backspin on and quickly off on a playing deck stops the playback instead of resuming it. Is there a slip mode or something I might have missed?
* [EFFECTS] Turning BrakeStart on and quickly off on a playing deck stops the playback instead of resuming it. Is there a slip mode or something I might have missed?
* [SAMPLER] Switching sampler banks causes a slight but annoying audio dropout (especially when switching to the Instruments bank)
* [SAMPLER] Right-clicking a sample now opens a context menu, please add another option to play a sample "while_pressed" without using a controller :) Shift?
* [GUI] Better looking Options GUI rather than the kind of key-value XML editor thingy we have in the Release Preview
* [REMOTE] Android application

Not really relevant in this thread, but I want the Delay and LoopOut effects ported on VDJ8!
And I want "Gates" effect ported on Mac! I'll leave it to TekZK whether he renames it Jobs or Cook :D

Here, make your wishes guys!

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 4:43 am
Not sure how to break this one to you.

The official release was 2 days ago!! (awkward)

Feel free to post your wishes in the wishes forum though!! ;-)

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 4:45 am
Oh for God's sake why do I keep receiving so many useless e-mails yet I am not informed about what I am REALLY into :D

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 4:49 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009

firekraag wrote :

* [SAMPLER] Switching sampler banks causes a slight but annoying audio dropout (especially when switching to the Instruments bank)

Has been reported earlier

firekraag wrote :

* [SAMPLER] Right-clicking a sample now opens a context menu, please add another option to play a sample "while_pressed" without using a controller :) Shift?

Switch view from gird to list view. Now you should be able to use rightclick as "play while_pressed"

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 5:01 am
Well I can't figure out how to install VDJ8 on Mac, after removing the pre-release, rebooting, and going through the oddly quick installation procedure several times, I am unable to find the application :'(

Quote :
Switch view from gird to list view. Now you should be able to use rightclick as "play while_pressed"

I was already on List view

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 5:04 am
Just switch sampler mode to 'hold'. It's the button to the right of the bank name window.

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 6:39 am
Not sure if this exists...

I would like an 'Outdoor' skin created. Something easy to see when we have gigs outside in the sunlight.

Posted Tue 27 May 14 @ 1:36 pm
Gumby.DJ wrote :
Not sure if this exists...

I would like an 'Outdoor' skin created. Something easy to see when we have gigs outside in the sunlight.

Agreed something with video decks and 1366 x 768 would be nice.

Posted Tue 27 May 14 @ 1:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)