Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Sampler - Wishes & new features - Page: 13
bmac16PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Traktor like Remix Decks. I've just come back to Virtual DJ from Traktor. I purchased a Denon Prime 4. I was amazed at all of the new features in Virtual DJ...job well done. The only thing missing in my opinion is a sampler that plays like a remix deck that can be used as a Deck for example in Deck 3 or 4. For example, I use one of my remix decks for Beats, Bass, synth and I use my other Remix Deck for Acapellas and one shots. I have 2 separate sample decks working at the same time. I don't believe you can do that with the existing sampler in Virtual DJ

Posted Mon 15 Nov 21 @ 3:46 pm
mg_1978PRO InfinityMember since 2008
bmac16 wrote :
Traktor like Remix Decks. I've just come back to Virtual DJ from Traktor. I purchased a Denon Prime 4. I was amazed at all of the new features in Virtual DJ...job well done. The only thing missing in my opinion is a sampler that plays like a remix deck that can be used as a Deck for example in Deck 3 or 4. For example, I use one of my remix decks for Beats, Bass, synth and I use my other Remix Deck for Acapellas and one shots. I have 2 separate sample decks working at the same time. I don't believe you can do that with the existing sampler in Virtual DJ

hi, you could do it if you could separate sampler_bank about deck 3 and 4 (for example), this is a change that we asked :) only one general sampler_bank is a big limited

Posted Tue 16 Nov 21 @ 12:09 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
maybe scratchbank can be used for that

Posted Tue 16 Nov 21 @ 2:25 pm
bmac16PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Scratch bank won't work. When you are playing several samples they all need to be synced and that function isn't available in the scratch bank. With all of the features of Virtual DJ, you would think they would add "a remix Deck" feature too. :)

Posted Tue 16 Nov 21 @ 4:25 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
The only issue is the follow on, and truth be told that isn't an issue either, scratch bank is a reasonable candidate, with a skin and action poi it's doable, but it's the action poi that's the important part.

Posted Tue 16 Nov 21 @ 4:42 pm
It would be nice to have a small synchronized sequencer that can only record 4-8 beats using the samples. With banks of Drum Kits or Percussion, you could do additional grooves or remixes on the fly. I do this with the RMX-1000 vst which, however, only records 4 beats and can only use its 4 sample banks and is very useful and fun.

Posted Sun 27 Feb 22 @ 12:03 am
Yes, that's something for which we've been waiting a long time!

Posted Sun 27 Feb 22 @ 10:22 am
I noticed that the Sync Start and Sync Lock functions seem to behave the same way, I don't find any difference. I would like a function that would allow samples to start from the beginning and be synchronized with the deck in play but which are independent of a sample already playing.

I try to explain myself better:

If I have a sample, for example vocal, which does not have to start on the first bar but one or two bars before to be synchronized with the right beat of the song in play, the other samples that I will use at the same time will depend on the bars of the sample already in play. and they won't start from the beginning when the pads are pressed, this happens to me with both Sync Start and Sync Lock and sometimes very annoying situations happen. Would a function be possible to make the start of the samples independent from each other but always synchronized to the song in play? Thank you

Posted Sat 05 Mar 22 @ 11:42 pm