Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hercules DJ Control mp3 e2 Problems

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

WhirlyLE userMember since 2013
Now I am usually really good when it comes to finding problems with various pieces of technology but this has really got me stumped.

I am new to mixing and have literally just got virtualDJ as well as the Hercules DJ Control mp3 e2 off a friend (Cheap i know but i am just starting). I have downloaded the drivers and the hercules symbol on the decks lights up to show me that its plugged in, and when I press the shift buttons below the loops/fx that also lights up, but this is as far as i can get. I cant get it to register on VirtualDJ at all and i have no idea how to make it pick it up. I dont have an external sound card and i am running the standard ATI High definition audio device that came with my computer, any links or advice would be greatly welcomed as i am quite out of pocket if this doesn't work. Thanks in advance!

Posted Thu 21 Mar 13 @ 12:16 pm
forgot to mention i am using virtualDJ pro 7

Posted Thu 21 Mar 13 @ 12:20 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
I'd start by registering your serial number in your profile so that you can download the latest v7.4.

Also, do you have VDJ Pro Basic or VDJ Pro FULL, as only the later one allow the use of MIDI controllers like the MP3 e2. If you have the basic version, you can only use your mouse and keyboard.

Posted Thu 21 Mar 13 @ 12:32 pm
Okay i will do that when i get home from work as product code is there, I think i may have the lastest version already though to be honest. It is definatley the Full version. Thankyou

Posted Thu 21 Mar 13 @ 12:52 pm

Posted Thu 21 Mar 13 @ 1:34 pm
Right the only thing that comes up on the Mapper is the keyboard setup, if i select a new one all the buttons on the deck are registering, but there seems to be no preset there? am i going to have to figure out the button mapping myself? ive got the Dj series control panel from the drivers installed as well and it's saying it is connected from that, but as i say virtualDJ is not registering it unless i map the keys myself? Cheers for the help

Posted Thu 21 Mar 13 @ 2:06 pm
I've come to the conclusion that when i plug in the decks it is registering as "Simple MIDI Wrapper" in the mapping tab and there are no key bindings on there for it.

Posted Thu 21 Mar 13 @ 2:55 pm
Register your Pro serial and download the latest version 7.4 where your controller is natively supported.

It may be that you are using an out of date or illegal version and that is why your controller is not recognised. Registering and running the latest version will rule out that possibility.

Keith

Posted Thu 21 Mar 13 @ 3:09 pm
I Have 12 controller s and that one is one of them. DOWN LOAD THE DRIVERS FROM ON LINE USE THE PROPER DRIVERS FROM THE PROVIDER AND ALSO USE YOUR SERIAL NUMBER..
yes Im yelling...

Posted Thu 21 Mar 13 @ 10:45 pm
ive tried everything and my Hercules dj control mp3 e2 wont pop up on my laptop and wont work with my vdj 7 full pro....HELP!!!

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 6:16 pm
You should have created your own thread for your problem instead of using one from two years ago, but anyway...

Could you detail your computer configuration and what you've tried so far to get your controller working ?

Are you using the latest drivers ?

http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=17&fid=61&pid=241&cid=1

DId you follow these installation instructions ?

http://ts.hercules.com/download/sound/txt/DJ_Series_INSTALLATION_PC_EN.pdf

Once done, did you verify that the controller was installed correctly ?

http://ts.hercules.com/faqs/eng/her_eng_00390.pdf

Posted Mon 04 May 15 @ 7:01 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)