Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Random freezes: 7.3 + Vestax VCI-400

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey guys,

Since 7.3 I've been bother with random short freezes. VDJ is playing fine, low CPU, not latency problems what so ever, and all of a sudden, just for a second or so, the whole application freezes and the music stops. Once it unfreezes it will continue as if nothing had happened. The freeze is so consistent that it locks up the entire application, for example, when this happens when recording, you don't even hear the freeze on the recording, since even the recording process freezes. With my programming back ground I immediately think of a procedure that apparently runs in the main application thread while it should have a tread of its own.

I've had this problem on two different laptops now. Other applications in combination with the VCI-400 give no trouble at all.

Is there some log that I can find where there might be more info? And are there any links to the old 7.03 version?

Cheers,

JB

Posted Sun 13 Jan 13 @ 10:46 am
Update: I can confirm its indeed 7.3.

I've updated my VCI-400 drivers from 1.52 to 1.61 and firmware from 0.6 to 2.0. The good news, I'm not experiencing any of the problematic issues that some users have reported once updated to 2.0 firmware.

Nevertheless.. still the same issues.... every now and then (5-15 minutes) a short random freeze.

Than I downgraded to 7.05b pro (with the device xml file) trouble OVER!! No more freezes, stable as a bronze elephant with his feet in concrete.

So yeah.. i'm staying on 7.05b for now, but now noticing (and slightly missing) the sound update of 7.3. The sound in 7.3 is a little 'cleaner'.

My specs:

HP 8770w Mobile workstation (i7 3610QM @2.30GHz, 16GB Ram, NVIDIA Quadro K4000M)
Windows 7 64
High performance power profile
VCI-400: 2.0 Firmware, 1.61 drivers (low latency, buffer 256)
VDJ Settings: Scratch optimized for latency, Advanced Stretching, Quality resizing, Quality resampling

Hope this helps someone to fix this in future releases! And available as guinea pig!

Posted Mon 14 Jan 13 @ 1:53 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I was using the VCI-400 on v7.3 without issue, so not sure what has caused your problem :(

Posted Tue 15 Jan 13 @ 2:43 am
I wish I knew, I experienced it on two different laptops. One thing that needs to be said is that my database is pretty big and all my files are on a network share.

I had this problems once extremely bad when I was accessing the files from an external location through a VPN (just using a playlist) The only way I could get this to work was to use the internal soundcard for audio but still keeping the VCI connected as controller. That worked effortless even mixing.

I could do a little test with a clean database and some local files

Posted Tue 15 Jan 13 @ 3:03 am
msalpenPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I have had this same problem for a while now...i have a Asus G5IJx with 8gb ram running windows 7 home with my CDJ 1000 & Audio 8. I was running windows 7 pro but i was trying to eliminate the problem. i sent it back to the factory to have everything reinstalled then i didn't install no antivirus or nothing to try it out. i got the same result! on a 4hr party it stopped twice, just like everyone else said for a brief moment and then continue. i do notice it seems not to happen early in the show but later. someone please help with this it's driving me and i'm sure all of us crazy.

Posted Wed 16 Jan 13 @ 9:41 am
Update:

After long trial and error I've eventually found out that when putting the VCI on a USB 2.0 port the problems (so far) are history!!!

Posted Sat 26 Jan 13 @ 12:36 pm
rodrigpPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I'm running V7.3 (b422) Pro on Alienware m17 Win7 PRo 64 with 32 Gig Ram and with NS6 controller and getting the same freeze issue. I'll try switching to the USB 2.0 port to see if it resolves the issue. Thanks for posting this thread.

Posted Sat 26 Jan 13 @ 2:20 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)