Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Why cant I download mapping for SCS.4DJ - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hello, I do not understand why i cannot download the mapping for the scs.4dj, have the mixtrack pro with a valid serial number, but still says that i cant download mapping for my new scs4 unless i have the proper serial. Can anyone help me out please and thanks?

Posted Mon 28 Nov 11 @ 7:07 pm
VirtualDJ LE or Mix Track Pro DJ Console Edition is bundled by manufacturers with their hardware as gift to allow you to use your new controller straight out of the box. It is free limited software and does not support using custom skins, effects, samples, mappers or any other plugins (Except during the 20 day trial of the full VirtualDJ Professional.) Please see Comparison.

To enjoy the full features of VirtualDJ (Including the ability to download and use new skins, effects, samples and other add-ons free of charge from our website), you will need to upgrade to the full VirtualDJ Professional. There is usually a discount in most cases which you can receive by going to the purchase page and entering your VirtualDJ LE serial number in the box provided in the UPGRADE TO VIRTUALDJ PRO section.

Posted Mon 28 Nov 11 @ 7:18 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Stanton SCS.4DJ has been supported very recently (just a couple days ago). Even though the mapper is tested from out Dev Team, it will be included to the next release of VirtualDJ Pro Full/Home Free and you will be able to download the Home Free version and test the controller.

Posted Mon 28 Nov 11 @ 10:12 pm
Thanks for the info fellas, and I believe I understand what you are saying. But is there no way to just download the controller mapping from the vdj website? The Stanton scs4dj does not come with any computer software such as traktor or vdj. However the mapping for traktor is available for free without a serial. All I would like to do is download the available scs4dj mapping file so I can continue to use my scs4dj with my current vdj le without having to wait for an update on the pro or free versions.

Posted Tue 29 Nov 11 @ 5:42 am
your version of LE for the MTP will only work with that controller it won't accept another, if you wan't to use more than just that you will need to get pro.. should be $150 for the upgrade

Posted Tue 29 Nov 11 @ 5:51 am
Sorry, add-on mappers are only available to registered licensed users who have purchased the full VirtualDJ Professional: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

Also, as above, your LE for MixTrack Pro will not work with another MIDI controller, except for 10 minutes at a time as a trial of the full Pro.

You can upgrade from LE for MixTrack Pro to the full VirtualDJ Professional at a considerable discount.

Posted Tue 29 Nov 11 @ 6:57 am
So traktor offers a 4 deck mapping free and vdj offers nothing, even though i have a mixtrack pro midi controller with vdjLE. So i would have to fork out more money just to get vdjpro just to get the mapping, when i dont even care to use vdj pro as the limited edition has done myself just fine. So Traktor it is!

Posted Tue 29 Nov 11 @ 8:21 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Hi,

VirtualDJ offers free updates for lifetime and midi support with it's pro full, while other softwares may ask you for updates that are not free, At the end you spend a lot more. Anyway you CAN'T add this mapping to your current VirtualDJ LE because it has meant to work as is with your controller and no other.

VirtualDj natively support more than 135 midi DJ controllers available today (http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VirtualDJ%20Controllers.html). No one gives you such support. VirtualDJ can use Serato Timecodes and Traktor time codes and also use Numark and VirtualDj timecodes for full compatibility. Also You can mix audio (all formats (mp3, wav, ogg, cda, wma, asf, m4a, aac, aif, aiff, mpc, ape, etc) wide range Video support (avi, mpg, mpeg-2, vob, wmv, mov, divx, xvid, mp4, m4v, vix, mkv, flv, etc) and also Karaoke support (mp3 + G, wav + G, ogg + G, ZIP), you have a lot of options to work with VirtualDJ. You also could change your skin to one that fits your needs, assign and map any Midi control and use 1 or many midi controls at once to perform different tasks in VirtualDJ.

You can use music production software like Ableton Live and get some Midi devices launching in Ableton actions and other performing VirtualDJ tasks. You can have 2 or 4 or 6 or 9 decks at once, use one or 2 or 12 sound cards at once to have as much inputs & outputs as you may need or want...

You can search no matter where it is on your multiple folders, and hard drives, VirtualDJ would bring your the song you want with just typing it, and if you have the membership (for 9.99 usd a month) you can have access to more than 8 million songs on our database available for you to stream or download and play later bringing you all songs your audience ask you to play....

You have free VirtualDJ Pro upgrades for lifetime once you buy VirtualDJ Pro, you get it for ever with your latest versions, for MAC or PC at the same time or as you want.

Maybe I miss something (like broadcast features, video recording using your PC, download VST effects, etc) but those are some of VirtualDJ Pro features that make it the best software for the DJ today.

Posted Tue 29 Nov 11 @ 8:39 am
Still think its a complete ripoff ! , i paid for the broadcaster hoping to use my SCS.4DJ with the mapping and i cant even do it, SCREW YALL, TO UPGRADE TO PRO IS 250... MY ASS , THATS NOT WORTH IT. !!! SO ANGRY AND RAGEDDDD ! >_<

Posted Mon 26 Mar 12 @ 1:16 pm
you should have probably done a little research or asked on the forums what broadcastor allows you to do before buying it... VDJ Pro is absolutley worth the price for what it allows you to do, traktor will cost a little less in the short term, but due to having to pay for upgrades it will cost more in the long term. But the decision is your's to make... good luck

Posted Mon 26 Mar 12 @ 1:23 pm
The features and limitations of each version are clearly explained on the comparison table.

If you wish to upgrade to Pro you get the amount you have already paid for broadcaster edition deducted from the price.

Keith

Posted Mon 26 Mar 12 @ 1:27 pm

SBDJMember since 2006
DJCRYSIXBLAZE wrote :
Still think its a complete ripoff ! , i paid for the broadcaster hoping to use my SCS.4DJ with the mapping and i cant even do it, SCREW YALL, TO UPGRADE TO PRO IS 250... MY ASS , THATS NOT WORTH IT. !!! SO ANGRY AND RAGEDDDD ! >_<

It is clearly stated on the product comparison page, and the page where you actually click the BUY button that Broadcaster does NOT support controllers.

Posted Mon 26 Mar 12 @ 7:33 pm
djdad wrote :
Stanton SCS.4DJ has been supported very recently (just a couple days ago). Even though the mapper is tested from out Dev Team, it will be included to the next release of VirtualDJ Pro Full/Home Free and you will be able to download the Home Free version and test the controller.

Posted Fri 27 Apr 12 @ 7:29 am
I upgraded from an LE Version and it was totally worth the investment I made, thanks VDJ.

DJCRYSIXBLAZE wrote :

So you think its a rip off for people to get compensated for their hard work? Are you willing to do any work for free?

You don't have to pay $250.00 for PRO
Like someone else mentioned before, you will get a nice discount if you enter the serial number of your LE version. I think I only paid $150 when I upgraded my LE Version.

Even if I would have paid $250 for PRO it would have still been a bargain when compared to other DJ software and all the features you get.
Free updates for life!!!! That means VDJ 8 is going to be free for me when it comes out. How much is Traktor going to make you pay for their next major update?

It's not VDJs fault some people can't read or have trouble understanding what they are reading.

Posted Fri 27 Apr 12 @ 2:29 pm
MAGAGAR80 wrote :
Free updates for life!!!!

I hope you (and everyone else for that matter) realize that nobody, fron the VDJ staff, has made that claim, or at least i haven't seen it.
What i have seen is "for the time being" or "this coming update". I really do see VDJ start charging for updates in the foreseeable future.
They have lost a fistfull of revenue by giving out free updates... I wouldn't bank on your "free updates for life" claim...

Knock on wood i hope it never happens, but this topic has been debated around the forums for a while...

Posted Fri 27 Apr 12 @ 11:03 pm
djrasza wrote :
MAGAGAR80 wrote :

I hope you (and everyone else for that matter) realize that nobody, fron the VDJ staff, has made that claim, or at least i haven't seen it.
What i have seen is "for the time being" or "this coming update". I really do see VDJ start charging for updates in the foreseeable future.
They have lost a fistfull of revenue by giving out free updates... I wouldn't bank on your "free updates for life" claim...

Knock on wood i hope it never happens, but this topic has been debated around the forums for a while...

I'm not sure how Atomix makes their money but if I was a betting man I would bet that the majority of their revenue comes from licensing the software to hardware manufactures and not from end user upgrade fees. With so many new controllers coming bundled with VDJ I'm willing to bet that their bank account is doing well. I think my updates are safe =)

There's been plenty of Atomix people who have gone on the record with that claim, there's actually one on this thread saying it also.

Posted Sat 28 Apr 12 @ 12:39 am
djrasza wrote :
MAGAGAR80 wrote :

acw_dj wrote :

You have free VirtualDJ Pro upgrades for lifetime once you buy VirtualDJ Pro, you get it for ever with your latest versions, for MAC or PC at the same time or as you want.

And this is just 7 posts above yours.... ;)

Posted Sat 28 Apr 12 @ 5:56 am
i stand corrected... :)

Posted Sat 28 Apr 12 @ 7:23 am

SUMMARY OF YOUR ORDER
Product Qty Delivery Price Total
VirtualDJ Pro - Electronic Delivery 1 Download US $299.00 US $299.00
Sub Total US $299.00

thats with my discount..

Posted Wed 02 May 12 @ 3:38 pm
jakovskiPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2006
Didi you enter your Broadcast serial on the order page ? The discount should be arround the price of the Broadcaster version - so you pay only the difference.

Greets, Heiko

Posted Wed 02 May 12 @ 3:43 pm
87%