Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Virtual DJ and IceCast

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

PezmcPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I am having problems trying to connect to my IceCast server (67.212.189.122) from within Virtual DJ.
I tried to get in contact with support and got little or no help and was just told to post in this forum!

Settings in Virtual DJ
Format: Icecast
Server: 67.212.189.122
Port: 8029
Name: Me
Password: ********** - correct pass

When I click broadcast from within virtual dj I get:
**Broadcast Error**
Server answered: ''

Does you know what this means? I'm pretty sure the icecast server is set up right!

I was told to use the following settings by my host:
Server hostname: 67.212.189.122
Server port: 8029
Server type: IceCast
Mount point: /live
Bit rate: 96
Password: *YOURPASSWORD*

I have used shoutcast to the same port with this remote radio server so it is not my ISP or anything in my network.
The problem is IceCast needs a mount point designated; virtual DJ does not seem to offer this?

Virtual DJ does not have a mount point...

I just get the error:
**Broadcast Error**
Server answered: ''

Can you please help? or tell me how to get the current song playing meta data out of Virtual DJ so I can stream with different software (using line in).

Other People Have Same Problem:
I'm trying to broadcast at WadioMedia, they're running on a icecast server (i think), we have the icecast format but there's one thing missing.

To connect to the server I need a Mount, on VDJ it doesn't have a Mount feature.
Is there anyway I can get this Mount feature to work With V-dj?

Without the Mount I get a reply from the server only. 'The Server Replied: '' '

Any idea how I can fix this?

Posted Sun 14 Feb 10 @ 9:38 am
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
Hi, at the moment VDJ isn't able to stream to a icecast2 server, i guess you have.
Because there is at the moment no mountpoint feature adjustable.

Use EDCAST for the connection.
http://www.oddsock.org/tools/edcast/

Posted Sun 14 Feb 10 @ 1:10 pm
Ok, using edcast now. Is there anyway to get the song that is currently playing and pass it to Edcast? Is the only feature I can see that i loose using EdCast.

Is there also any way that we can officially request a mount point added? The support team just seemed to ignore me pointing out this feature was missing!

Many thanks,

Posted Mon 15 Feb 10 @ 3:31 am
Hi,

the support team can only help you with an existing feature.
But there is no icecast2 assistance at the moment, so they can't help you.

The DEV-Team must add this into a new version, if this feature should be a part of VDJ.
Don't know,it this comes true ;-)

As far as i know, streaming through VDJ is only possible with Home, Basic or the PRO Version.
So i guess they can't help you in general.

Sorry, i only know EDCAST, becuse we on VDJ Radio use Shoutcast MP3 ;-) and it works pretty well!

Posted Mon 15 Feb 10 @ 9:04 am
I had massive problems with shoutcast when changing DJ's so had to switch to icecast, I also find it a lot faster.

Is the somewhere I can make an official feature request, it's a shame such an expensive piece of software misses out such a big market segment. Traktor works...

Posted Thu 18 Feb 10 @ 8:09 am
Hi,

i learnd something new!
Try to type /live behind your server adress!
Then it should work!

Haui

Posted Fri 19 Feb 10 @ 7:57 am
Doesn't make any difference, still get server answered: ''

Posted Sun 21 Feb 10 @ 10:44 am
This is pretty stupid. Lets put a feature in the program, forget the vital option that makes it work and than blame its users because they don't know the feature is 'unsupported'. Great work guys.

Hello traktor..

Posted Sun 11 Apr 10 @ 8:07 pm
Hi everyone.

Does anyone know what is the problem. I put /live after ip to connect to an icecast stream, i am able to connect and vdj cuts into the auto stream but there is no sound with it! Just quiet. Is there a solution to this?

Please help :)

Posted Thu 03 Mar 11 @ 7:04 am

Posted Fri 04 Mar 11 @ 3:16 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)