Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Is there a plugin to do framer/stutter cueing

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have been DJing with CDs, and am a former user of PCDJ Red 5.2, so I am used to the frame/stutter method of moving to a certain point in a track with the arrow buttons, rather than spinning a record back and forth. VirtualDJ adopts the record spin approach. Is there any such plugin or other method I am unaware of that will seek/search within a track by the frame/stutter method?

Thanks.

Posted Thu 11 Dec 08 @ 3:21 pm
are u using a mixer thats midi??..kuz i dunnno but the way i stutter my songs is cue it where i want it to stutter i just start pushing the "play" Button and it stutters..i dunno if this is wut u are reffering to..

Posted Fri 12 Dec 08 @ 11:03 am
No, I am talking about the stuttering you hear when searching within a track. This is basic for cueing with a CD player. VirtualDJ only permits vinyl style cueing. VirtualDJ should have the ability to choose between vinyl cueing and stutter cueing. So far, it looks like the only way to do this is to use an external controller and mapper that has this feature.

Posted Fri 12 Dec 08 @ 1:36 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Correct, VDJ has no inbuilt support for frame cueing.

Posted Fri 12 Dec 08 @ 6:27 pm
Why not?

Posted Sat 13 Dec 08 @ 7:11 am
Because the software has been designed to emulate vinyl record decks.

My custom mapper for the Denon HC4500 controller does have an optional frame cueing mode though that works quite well.

Posted Sat 13 Dec 08 @ 11:23 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)