Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Pioneer DDJ-FLX10 Virtual DJ Support? - Page: 10
djdad wrote :
when you say with their default values, you mean RB at default headroom -9db and VDJ at default 0 ?
As far as i can hear, if RB is at -9dbb, VDJ needs to be at -6db, and if you match the same level, then indeed the visual representation is good with get_level & param_pow 0.24

Hi,

You understand me DJDAD, thanks for your answer and great question :)

Rekordbox default : -9dB + auto gain on is to make -16 LUFS like APPLE MUSIC loundness in each channel deck before fx and mixing

Yes, Headroom -9 dB in Rekordbox + auto gain on -> i believe it's same than VirtualDJ Zero Db -3dB + autogain on
and if i change -6dB in Rekordbox + auto gain on -> i believe it's same the VirtualDJ Zero dB default + autogain on

In Loundness LKFS in Rekordbox is : (from what i've written on Rekordbox Facebook users)

but tonight i will investigate more , because for me:
get_level & param_pow 0.24[
-> work with any zero dB VDJ option , just to be sure autogain is on

i will verify again if Heardoom in RKB at - 9 give the same loundness than VDJ at -3dB (both software with autogain)

Wait my new results, i've all 1000 Hz test tone in 16/32 bits with dBfs real scale :)

Posted Sun 30 Apr 23 @ 6:29 pm
Hi DJDAD,

Finally i've investigated with youlean meter, Virtual bit perfect cable on mac, and a Guetta track (compressed, compressed to see real LUFS and AUTOGAIN work) :

Virtual Dj default settings : with no Headroom (0dB) and autogain on :
Integrated loudness per Channel before FX and mixing : -10 LUFS ( like CD)

Rekordbox 6.7 Default settings : with -9 headroom (-9db) and autogain on :
Integrated loudness : -19 LUFS ( -3 dB more than the -16 APPLE music level -5 dB more than Youtube level)

and now the level METER with each same final Headroom between RKB and VDJ :
To have same Default Rekordbox Settings, VirtualDj should be have -9dB zero dB and autogain on
-> -19 LUFS both software
with : get_level & param_pow 0.24
Channel Vu meter : same Behaviour as rekordbox minus one led

and with VirtualDJ at Zero DB -6dB : Rekordbox and VDJ are at. - 16 LUFS loudness with autogain

and with VirtualDJ at Zero DB -3dB : Rekordbox and VDJ are at. - 13/-14 LUFS loudness with autogain

and with VirtualDJ at Zero DB -0dB : Rekordbox and VDJ are at. - 10/-10 LUFS loudness with autogain

so with : get_level & param_pow 0.24 -> same vu meter behaviour and scaling than REKORDBOX but minus one led, because Rekordbox have led +3 dB higher than the max 0 dBFS (it's to avoid user clip and force to use big headroom like - 9 dB)

so get_level & param_pow 0.24 , correct the + 6 dB led display scale errore of Rekordbox with FLX 10 when no head room, and it's good for VIRTUALDJ at Zero 0dB, -3dB, -6dB, -9dB

that's why i choose the get_level & param_pow 0.24

:)

Again thanks DJDAD, thanks to your question, it's usefull for all to know how both Software manage LED and Headroom and LUFS before FX and MIXING.

By default VIRTUALDJ have LUFS like CD per channel, and Rekordbox -3 dB more than Apple Music LUFS :)

but i can be wrong because i used Rekordbox MASTER OUT for VIRTUAL CABLE, and i believe the MASTER OUT is sometimes higher more than hardware controller output.

And the FLX 10 USB Record mix input Return is calibrated at -4dBFs..... because Rekordbox have the + 3 dB recording bug level (seen with a virtual cable)

that's why i like this :
get_level & param_pow 0.24
(3 db error safe)

Pioneer use big Headroom :) they are afraid that users clip clip even in red :)
and it avoid to use limiter in channel..... before mixing. (for Example Traktor use to much limiting and it's bad) It's better to have Headroom in each channel before FX and mixing :)

i like the -3dB Zero dB settings in VDJ more than the 0dB default .....

Posted Sun 30 Apr 23 @ 7:27 pm
dj kkfmPRO InfinityMember since 2023
When I apply the Filter sound color fx on just the vocal stem (using the fx part select buttons) and twist the color knob all the way to the left (so I'm completely low-pass filtering the vocal), the VU meter on the FLX10 deck for that channel shows just the tiniest signal even though all of the drums and instruments are still playing on the channel.

If I then leave the knob there and then activate Drums and Inst on the fx select buttons (so all 3 buttons are selected and lit), the sound is completely filtered to near silence, but that channel's VU meter increases and shows a much stronger signal.

The master VU meter seems to respond correctly.

I have the PIFLX10-stemsTrigger option set to Mute.

Posted Sun 30 Apr 23 @ 11:11 pm
dj kkfm wrote :
When I apply the Filter sound color fx on just the vocal stem (using the fx part select buttons) and twist the color knob all the way to the left (so I'm completely low-pass filtering the vocal), the VU meter on the FLX10 deck for that channel shows just the tiniest signal even though all of the drums and instruments are still playing on the channel.

If I then leave the knob there and then activate Drums and Inst on the fx select buttons (so all 3 buttons are selected and lit), the sound is completely filtered to near silence, but that channel's VU meter increases and shows a much stronger signal.

I confirm this bug. Sometimes with instant double, VU meter channel meter doesn't work anymore even with audio (with partial FX stems)

Posted Mon 01 May 23 @ 8:27 am
Hi,

SPIRAL FX :

EA V7544 - ARM : Native ARM SPIRAL FX : (MAC) :
Don't work fine : KNOB doesn't change Depth FX like RKB it change beat, and Beat scale not same at RKB, when you set up it go again in 1/2 1/4 1/8 . (instead of 1 - 2 - 4 - 8 beat)
(In RKB you can change Depth with KNOB and Beat 1/16 - 1/8 - 1/4 - 1/3 - 3/4 - 1 - 2 - 4 - 8 beats and KNOB adjust the level of FX not the beat....)

Regards,

Olivier

Posted Mon 01 May 23 @ 8:34 am
wesje19PRO SubscriberMember since 2014
I have the option set to 'all' for resetStemsOnLoad, but the pad effects don't reset for me
so sometimes when the effect is on & i load in a new track, the effect is still working so i sometimes miss my vocals or drums :)
Is this a bug or am i missing something

Im also having issues with the trim volume knobs, when i apply a sound color fx, the trim volume knobs don't work anymore, i have to turn off the color fx for them to work again!

edit : i am having alot (random) that the trim knob isn't responding, I need to level up before it responds again ...

thx for the great support btw everyone

Posted Mon 01 May 23 @ 7:55 pm
user9073669 wrote :
I have the option set to 'all' for resetStemsOnLoad, but the pad effects don't reset for me
so sometimes when the effect is on & i load in a new track, the effect is still working so i sometimes miss my vocals or drums :)
Is this a bug or am i missing something

Im also having issues with the trim volume knobs, when i apply a sound color fx, the trim volume knobs don't work anymore, i have to turn off the color fx for them to work again!

edit : i am having alot (random) that the trim knob isn't responding, I need to level up before it responds again ...

thx for the great support btw everyone

In Rekordbox they are strange behaviour too after several minutes : perhaps it's the FLX10 firmware

Wait and see, if new firmware FLX10 update

Posted Mon 01 May 23 @ 10:57 pm
Hi DjDAD,

Finally i've found a better VU METER scaling for the FLX10, than Rekordbox behaviour.

Just set each led par 3 DBFS steps -> it work nice with 0, -3, -6, -9 Zero dB with autogain.

User can see quickly the real dBFS in Channel while mixing (after Zero dB and AUTO GAIN)

Here my Scaling :

get_level & param_pow 0.23 & param_multiply 94%

SO i find that it's better to have 3dBFS per LED :)
And this MAP is even better than the Rekordbox+FlX10 VU meter native behaviour.

-> more vivid and clear for mixing and avoid to clip

Regards,

Olivier

Posted Mon 01 May 23 @ 11:02 pm
Dear Virtual Dj Team, I have the problem that 80% of my songs are overdriven, so I have to trim them down the tracks manually! will this be fixed yet? Best regards

Posted Tue 02 May 23 @ 8:28 am
Set zerodb option to a lower level. Like -3db or something similar.
To be honest most Rekordbox controllers are designed to work with -6db or even -9db headroom.
So, go to VirtualDJ settings and set zerodb at a value that suits you. Personally I use -9db for most controllers and occasionally I may switch to -6db

Posted Tue 02 May 23 @ 9:32 am
dj kkfm wrote :

The latest update fixes this nicely. Thanks!

Posted Wed 03 May 23 @ 1:40 pm
dj kkfm wrote :
dj kkfm wrote :

The latest update fixes this nicely. Thanks!

Yes, EA 7547 fix VU-METER fine :)

Posted Wed 03 May 23 @ 7:02 pm
EA 7547 :

Great work.

Still doesn't work :
MICRO REVERB LEVEL DOWN/ UP : Reverb is always at maximum 0% or 100% -> wrong scale
SPIRAL FX is broken :
Real Pioneer spiral FX is :
1/16 - 1/8 - 1/4 - 1/2 - 3/4 - 1 - 2 - 4 - 8
and knob is for level depth, not for beats
-> VirtualDJ change beats instead level depth with knob and doesn't have 1 - 2 - 4 - 8

anyways very fast and good work - incredible support
(And channel vu meter are now perfect...)

Regards,

Olivier

Posted Fri 05 May 23 @ 7:15 pm
olivier REMUX wrote :
EA 7547 :

Great work.

Still doesn't work :
MICRO REVERB LEVEL DOWN/ UP : Reverb is always at maximum 0% or 100% -> wrong scale
SPIRAL FX is broken :
Real Pioneer spiral FX is :
1/16 - 1/8 - 1/4 - 1/2 - 3/4 - 1 - 2 - 4 - 8
and knob is for level depth, not for beats
-> VirtualDJ change beats instead level depth with knob and doesn't have 1 - 2 - 4 - 8

anyways very fast and good work - incredible support
(And channel vu meter are now perfect...)

Regards,

Olivier

I fixed the Reverb Level like this in EA7547
set_var '@$micreverblevel' 0
instead of var '@$micreverblevel'
(so please make this by default in maping :)
-> work like RKB graphical Knob (middle is 50%) no betweenv 0 and 50 % first kind of Reverb Variation (50% is 0) and 50/ to 100% other kind of reverb variation

so the soluce is : set_var '@$micreverblevel' 0 (in EA7547)

hope it helps :)

Posted Fri 05 May 23 @ 9:02 pm
Is there a way to increase the volume of the 'noise' color fx filter? The noise effect that is native to VDJ has a good volume, but the effect available on the FLX10 is much quieter.

Posted Sat 06 May 23 @ 3:32 am
hello,

is there a shortcut to switch from standard eq to stems eq? Like a shift+cue?
can't find it, only way i see is to change it in the settings

cheers

Posted Wed 10 May 23 @ 5:53 am
user9073669 wrote :
can't find it, only way i see is to change it in the settingscheers

My guess is that it's the same as when using just the software
If so, you can map this script to any keyboard combination in the keyboard mapper - or indeed edit your DDJ-FLX10 mapping to do it:
eq_mode +1

You can also use the small triangle next to the high eq knob in the skin

Posted Wed 10 May 23 @ 8:44 am
klausmogensen wrote :
user9073669 wrote :
can't find it, only way i see is to change it in the settingscheers

My guess is that it's the same as when using just the software
If so, you can map this script to any keyboard combination in the keyboard mapper - or indeed edit your DDJ-FLX10 mapping to do it:
eq_mode +1

You can also use the small triangle next to the high eq knob in the skin

thx for the info, will try this

Posted Wed 10 May 23 @ 7:11 pm
Everything seems to be working correctly other then an occasional skip or break in the music while playing is this normal. Have toggled with Ddj-flx10 setting utility asio setting but it doesnt seem to help or adjust. Any other ideas. I am using windows. Always have and have never had this issue.

Posted Thu 11 May 23 @ 7:03 pm
djemusclepc wrote :
Everything seems to be working correctly other then an occasional skip or break in the music while playing is this normal. Have toggled with Ddj-flx10 setting utility asio setting but it doesnt seem to help or adjust. Any other ideas. I am using windows. Always have and have never had this issue.

Update -noticed there was a firmware update for windows on pioneer site. See if that fixes

Posted Thu 11 May 23 @ 8:30 pm
87%