Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Pioneer DDJ-FLX10 Virtual DJ Support? - Page: 1
DJNombePRO InfinityMember since 2009

Posted Thu 23 Mar 23 @ 9:08 am
 Best Answer Hello everyone,

Thanks to the team for the compatibility with the DDJ-FL10.
Awesome!!!

I just have a small problem (maybe a simple setting).
I do have the bar turning on my left plate to tell me that the plate is turning.
But not on my left turntable!!
No indication!

Should I change a setting in the settings?

Thanks for your help

In this image, I cloned the 2 decks and I have the bar turning on the left plate... but not on the right!!

Posted Mon 24 Apr 23 @ 12:58 pm[ selected best answer by djdad on Mon 24 Apr 23 @ 10:59 pm ]
I assume you are not joking :)

It will be a while before the VDJ team gets their hands on one, and then they'll need to map it, and possible add a few new features to the software to support it - like split stems. That will all need to though the beta + early access programs

So my guess is that it'll be a few months before official support is added in VDJ
Exact dates for support are rarely announced

Posted Thu 23 Mar 23 @ 9:38 am
I really find it amazing that new hardware (with only Serato and Rekordbox support) gets announced and people expect VDJ to have it mapped by the time their parcel arrives. Unbelievable!

Posted Thu 23 Mar 23 @ 9:43 am
What about expecting a new controller to be fully supported before it has even shipped/available.

The Pioneer youtube video is only 3 hours old, and the actual controller is available ONLY for pre-order.
(not even available from Pioneer, currently)
(Pioneer website does not have the DDJ-FLX10 on their list of products, when using the where to buy)

PS:
They have buttons (only) for stems, and also buttons for stems w FX.
Great that better a interface is being added for stems.

maybe will need to wait another few years till other S or R, has integrated stems to a knob. (more then ON/OFF) to have more knobs integrated into controllers.

Posted Thu 23 Mar 23 @ 10:44 am
The only thing which impressed me about the FLX10 was the ablity to split stems to different channels... everything else seems to be covered already by Virtual DJ/Stems2.0/DDJ1000.

Although VDJ requires a meaty graphics card for real-time stems 2.0 separation it is a much more versatile approach.... in my humble opinion!

AND the quality of the stems is much better :D

Posted Thu 23 Mar 23 @ 12:11 pm
Yeah in the video when he selects the accapell stem it sounds awful, nowhere near as good as VDJ stems 2.0

Posted Thu 23 Mar 23 @ 12:38 pm
dwellyPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Selectable eq / stems control per channel is pretty neat and the part (stem) instant doubles looks great. The controller does look over fussy though compared to the Rane 4.
We really need a "dual-deck" mode soon in VDJ to lock the decks. I did ask about this when I got my DDJ-RX as Rekordbox always had this feature but now with stems splitting this will be really useful

Posted Thu 23 Mar 23 @ 12:47 pm
serieBPRO InfinityMember since 2017
The physical buttons for stems and/or stems w/FX in this controller integrated with VDJ Stems 2.0 and Stems + FX would be terrific. Let's wait what the in-house magicians can do.

Posted Thu 23 Mar 23 @ 2:13 pm
IIDEEJAYII wrote :
What about expecting a new controller to be fully supported before it has even shipped/available.

The Pioneer youtube video is only 3 hours old, and the actual controller is available ONLY for pre-order.
(not even available from Pioneer, currently)
(Pioneer website does not have the DDJ-FLX10 on their list of products, when using the where to buy)

PS:
They have buttons (only) for stems, and also buttons for stems w FX.
Great that better a interface is being added for stems.

maybe will need to wait another few years till other S or R, has integrated stems to a knob. (more then ON/OFF) to have more knobs integrated into controllers.

It's way more then just on/off buttons. Watch a review and see for yourself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hybxc9xTTOI

Posted Thu 23 Mar 23 @ 4:53 pm
I'm relatively new to VirtualDJ and came here looking for information on the same thing. While the controller only seems to be available for pre-order at the moment, it clearly has been provided to reviewers so it's not inconceivable that developers for other software systems, such as VirtualDJ, might also have had an option for early access. But it sounds like that is not the case here.

How difficult is it to create a mapping for a new controller in VirtualDJ? I've done mappings for other controllers in the past, but have only just begun to look at how it works with VirtualDJ. I've changed some of the mappings to work differently with my S8 and it was somewhat straightforward though the syntax takes some getting used to. Working with the displays seems like the trickiest bit.

Posted Thu 23 Mar 23 @ 5:51 pm
My question is, will Virtual DJ and Soundswitch be able to take advantage of the DMX output on the new Pioneer DDJ-FLX10 Controller?

Posted Thu 23 Mar 23 @ 7:50 pm
Soundswitch is owned by a competitor so I would think that's highly unlikely.

Posted Thu 23 Mar 23 @ 7:57 pm
kyds3kPRO InfinityMember since 2015
I'm feeling foolhardy enough to just buy it and damn the torpedoes. None of my gigs are crazy high-profile, and worse comes to worst I can always use my keyboard until things are sorted.

Posted Thu 23 Mar 23 @ 7:57 pm
I don't understand where this new controller hype is coming from, we're hearing this every time a new board is coming out. To me, controllers are only "Glorified Keyboards", nothing more. The heart of the system remains the software, the controller has nothing (or not much) to do with it. Properly mapped, every new features works great, even with older hardware.

As for me, I didn't want to use my old DDJ-RZX pads / EQ controls for STEMS, so I got a cheap $75 Korg nanoKONTROL 2 and mapped it exclusively for STEMS. It now resides below my RZX mixer section. 4 Sliders (Rhythm / Bass / Instruments / Vocals) always "live" for each deck, as well as S (Solo), M (Mute), R (StemFX echo out) buttons working for each Stems channel. I can now create amazing mixes, exclusively using the cheap nanoKONTROL and the RZX for the rest, as usual.

Posted Thu 23 Mar 23 @ 8:25 pm
serieBPRO InfinityMember since 2017
BEATADDICT wrote :
As for me, I didn't want to use my old DDJ-RZX pads / EQ controls for STEMS, so I got a cheap $75 Korg nanoKONTROL 2 and mapped it exclusively for STEMS. It now resides below my RZX mixer section. 4 Sliders (Rhythm / Bass / Instruments / Vocals) always "live" for each deck, as well as S (Solo), M (Mute), R (StemFX echo out) buttons working for each Stems channel. I can now create amazing mixes, exclusively using the cheap nanoKONTROL and the RZX for the rest, as usual.

Wow, this is amazing, I'm tempted to buy one just now. Would you please share that stems mapping? It's really clever and useful.

Posted Thu 23 Mar 23 @ 9:31 pm
djcrak22 wrote :
It's way more then just on/off buttons. Watch a review and see for yourself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hybxc9xTTOI

Thanks, had not seen a full review video.. only the Pioneer demo video.

Cool that the stems can be controlled by the eq knobs now with other softwares.

I had so hoped that when controller manufactures, had stems, that they would incorporate more knobs and buttons dedicated to stems. (currently few more additional buttons, with the latest controllers from Pioneer & Rane) As you know VDJ has allowed stems to be controlled via knobs for years, and manufactured controllers had nothing on them for stems. (all had to repurposed for stems use)

Still NO additional knobs added to the controller.
(for example most DJs would not be happy with ONE knob being used to control High, Mid, and Low EQs.. by using shift and double click of some button to change the function of a single EQ knob.)

Just as all Mixer sections of controllers, currently, have at least 3 knobs, was hoping that as stems was available to controller manufacturers, that there would be more dedicated knobs available for stems.

A workaround is if a manufacturer created side-by-side puzzle pieced unit that could be attached/placed to the left and right sides of existing controllers, to extend their functionality.
(maybe something like a 1X8 grid of knobs with a few buttons, this would be something like taking the Midi Fighter Twister's 4X4 cube and putting half of the 16 knobs on each side of the controller, but now with the 1x8 layout, to effectively add buttons that should, really be apart/integrated on to the controller)

Again, I had hoped that this kind of need would no longer be a wish, once manufactures were creating controllers with stems in mind. And maybe it is just the early days.. and these will be added in future controllers. Fingers crossed !

I am sure the DDJ-FLX10 will be amazing when the wizards at VDJ get their hands on it, allowing it to interface with the most flexible and powerful software on the planet !

Update:

In Summary:
Virtual DJ has always had to repurpose buttons and knobs for stems, with controllers NOT built with stems in mind. Was expecting/hoping that as manufactures caught up and added stems, that their controllers would have the controls (knobs and buttons) for stems, added to the controller.

Posted Thu 23 Mar 23 @ 11:00 pm
dj kkfmPRO InfinityMember since 2023
user21718900 wrote :
I don't understand where this new controller hype is coming from, we're hearing this every time a new board is coming out. To me, controllers are only "Glorified Keyboards", nothing more. The heart of the system remains the software, the controller has nothing (or not much) to do with it. Properly mapped, every new features works great, even with older hardware.

I've been looking for a new controller and this one checks most of my boxes and lets me easily play with Rekordbox which I've been wanting to do. As a controller, it may be a glorified keyboard, but that glorified part includes useful things such as a sound card, mic support, input jacks, a hardware effects unit, and headphone support. None of my keyboards do all of those things :).

Posted Thu 23 Mar 23 @ 11:25 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
djcrak22 wrote :
My question is, will Virtual DJ and Soundswitch be able to take advantage of the DMX output on the new Pioneer DDJ-FLX10 Controller?
kradcliffe wrote :

dmx is an actual open standard so I can't see how they could call it dmx and try wall in that garden, but then, 'tis pioneer.

Posted Thu 23 Mar 23 @ 11:46 pm
locodog wrote :
djcrak22 wrote :
kradcliffe wrote :

dmx is an actual open standard so I can't see how they could call it dmx and try wall in that garden, but then, 'tis pioneer.

DMX is a variant of RS485. So the FLX10 connector labeled ‘DMX’ is probably exactly that. But in order for SoundSwitch to use the connector, they will need support from Pioneer to know how to control it on a PC, probably as a custom protocol over HID.

Posted Fri 24 Mar 23 @ 7:23 am
kradcliffe wrote :
Yeah in the video when he selects the accapell stem it sounds awful, nowhere near as good as VDJ stems 2.0

I've take a look at the rekorbox.app container (ressource directory) V6.7 with stems on my MAC :
Rekordbox 6.7 sound bad because they use Speeter model ! not own Pioneer model or Juced model.....

https://github.com/deezer/spleeter

VirtualDj 2023 doesn't use spleeter, but Spleeter team say that they use : please adion and VirtualDj staff ask spleeter to delete VirtualDj reference on their page....

I've ordered a FLX10 (pre order), seems it have usb hardware own fx like DJ1000 srt and i will use it with Virtual DJ 2023 stems. Rekordbox Stems are not good. (in V6.7, perhaps better at Namm 2023 with Rekordbox 7 ?)

Posted Fri 24 Mar 23 @ 12:04 pm
9%