Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: With Stems 2.0 analysis is now much slower. Analysis options removed? - Page: 4
Stephane Clavel wrote :

Future versions of VirtualDJ might be optimized to use features available only on RTX cards.

Just to clarify, will those same features be available and optimized for the M series chips on Mac or was that a general statement, meaning that any platform (even Macs) will require a RTX card for those features?

Posted Fri 18 Nov 22 @ 1:12 am
Just a question out of curiosity...

The current recommended specs for stems isolation (v1.0) lists AMD graphics cards under Intel-based Macs (curiously, Nvidia cards got no explicit mention there, but are exclusively mentioned for Windows)

https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Minimum%20system%20requirements.html

However, the current recommendation coming from Dev support for realtime stem analysis (v2.0) is saying M1/Nvidia GeForce GTX/RTX exclusively. Are AMD graphics chipsets ever going to be included in the recommendation for Windows, or is the new algorithm's realtime requirements exclusive to Nvidia (Windows)/MN processors (arm-based Macs going forward)? Is there any case it would be allowed for Intel-based Macs with a decent enough AMD Radeon graphics card?

Background: I'm in position to get such an Intel-based Mac at a really good price...

Posted Fri 18 Nov 22 @ 5:40 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
On Windows, modern discrete AMD gpu's should work pretty fast as well.
On Mac, for very fast stems 2.0 the only option is Apple Silicon

Posted Fri 18 Nov 22 @ 6:00 am
ShrinivasKR wrote :
Stephane Clavel wrote :

Future versions of VirtualDJ might be optimized to use features available only on RTX cards.

Just to clarify, will those same features be available and optimized for the M series chips on Mac or was that a general statement, meaning that any platform (even Macs) will require a RTX card for those features?

So for clarity: yes, those same features are available and optimized for the M series chips on Mac.

Posted Fri 18 Nov 22 @ 8:02 am
I've finally given in and ordered one of these. I may be living in the box it comes in when the wife finds out :)

Posted Fri 18 Nov 22 @ 8:17 am
Looks amazing :)

and yes Tis the season !

what are your plans for the secondary touch screen? VDJ Browser, VST gui's or other DJ apps?

Again so Cool
let us know in a few days when you get it.

Posted Fri 18 Nov 22 @ 9:43 am
I already have an external screen for video monitoring so may use it for a notepad to take requests and possibly for ShowXpress although I already have buttons in VDJ to control the lighting.

My colleague has the basic 14" version and he uses the second screen for all sorts of things so will get some ideas from him.

Will have to see how it looks with my rig first. At least if I keep using the C940 for my gigs the stems will be precomputed on this then just synced over.

Posted Fri 18 Nov 22 @ 10:14 am
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
Looks like a Beast !
Would be nice to hear how good this works with stems ;)

Posted Fri 18 Nov 22 @ 4:57 pm
Adion wrote :
On Windows, modern discrete AMD gpu's should work pretty fast as well.
On Mac, for very fast stems 2.0 the only option is Apple Silicon

Thanks @Adion for that information.

I guess my question is more relevant for Windows users wrt the final official realtime support announcement..AMD normally catches up to NVidia feature offerings eventually and I would think given GeForcre GTX cards are allowed there are AMD cards that match/surpass their feature set.

Posted Fri 18 Nov 22 @ 7:19 pm
AMD is more focused on catching up 3D-rendering for games.
They're still far behind nvidia when it comes to pure mathematics calculations and AI engines.

Posted Sat 19 Nov 22 @ 11:58 am
I did my first live stream today with VDJ build 7349 - and I noticed that my video streamed output (monitored on 2nd screen) was affected when VDJ was processing stems after loading a track.

It was stuttering, as if the frame rate had dropped.

This is with a high end Alienware laptop (NVIDIA RTX 3070)

Posted Sat 19 Nov 22 @ 5:15 pm
Stephane Clavel wrote :
AMD is more focused on catching up 3D-rendering for games.
They're still far behind nvidia when it comes to pure mathematics calculations and AI engines.

@Stephane Clavel I agree AMD is far behind NVidia in those spaces. However, isn't there at least enough available through ROCm to achieve similar results? AMD is considering/trying to make strides into the GPGPU space - they will get better with time.

Posted Mon 21 Nov 22 @ 12:39 am
For mac it's unlikely that there will be any new ones with AMD gpu's.
On pc, as said before, if you do have a modern discrete AMD gpu you can disable 'don't use gpu' and it should work ok.

Posted Mon 21 Nov 22 @ 4:36 am
Is there any way to avoid the stems processing causing the video output to stutter?

Posted Mon 21 Nov 22 @ 5:41 pm
For now you could set skinUseLowPowerGpu to low power, so that video out and stems processing use different gpu's

Posted Tue 22 Nov 22 @ 6:31 am
OK I'll give that a try. Thanks.

My concern is that the graphics-heavy video output will be too much for the integrated GPU.

Posted Tue 22 Nov 22 @ 5:35 pm
My 10th gen mobile i7 handles video fine. Even the most basic cpu have dedicated video decoding and encoding. Most transitions are also quite light so the only concern might be gpu heavy shaders, although most run fine for me too

Posted Tue 22 Nov 22 @ 6:05 pm
I'm running the bulk of my graphics in Resolume, including green screen with motion backgrounds and overlays. That feeds into VDJ via VDJSpoutReceiver64, and I then add stuff from the sampler, text and FX.

I tend to start my Twitch streams with shaders, before switching to camera, so I'll see how it goes.

Posted Tue 22 Nov 22 @ 7:32 pm
Is it possible to revert the stems being ready with the view that was available previously?

What i mean by that, as much as the little tick is useful, is does not let you know how much of the track is ready. On the previous version on the loaded deck waveform, it used to be slightly greyed out and you could see it build across the waveform once it was ready.
I felt that was a much easier indication to know that you had stems available across the whole track then the small tick.

I hope that made sense?

Posted Wed 23 Nov 22 @ 11:24 am
Is there a way to get the percentage value of the Stems process for creation a "loading line".
The Value is visible as tooltip over "get_status".

Posted Wed 23 Nov 22 @ 11:35 am
70%