Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: With Stems 2.0 analysis is now much slower. Analysis options removed? - Page: 3
You can update to 2023, but it will use Stems 1.0 rather than the latest and greatest.

Posted Wed 16 Nov 22 @ 7:37 pm
mr fucn 187 wrote :
PhantomDeejay wrote :
New Stems 2.0 Require MACOS 12 and above.

I guess us with older macs will be stuck with vdi 2021 ?

No. You can still upgrade to VirtualDJ 2023. The new Stems Engine requires technology that's not present on older MAC OS.

Posted Wed 16 Nov 22 @ 9:26 pm
I get the feature unsupported warnings even though I have a Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB. Are Radeon GPUs not supported?

It seems to still be working for me if I ignore all warnings and tell it to use the high quality 2.0 stem separation anyways, though it takes time to finish calculating, but that's just to be expected I suppose. Is there a way to verify that it is working for sure? Stems do appear to sound nicer.

Here are my settings.

Posted Thu 17 Nov 22 @ 3:08 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
On mac, the fastest will be M1/M2 on macOS 13. Other macs will work too, but as you noticed it will be much slower.

Posted Thu 17 Nov 22 @ 4:50 am
VirtualDJ appears to be using purely CPU instead of GPU when looking at activity monitor (unless I misinterpreted the report). Is there a reason why neither Intel UHD graphics or AMD Radeon graphics (a dedicated GPU) get used at all for Stems 2.0? I get that if a GPU isn't powerful enough it may not be able to keep up at the same pace as the recommended GPUs, but I feel like the GPU should still get used instead of purely using CPU.

Posted Thu 17 Nov 22 @ 6:00 am
Intel and AMD GPU's can be used on Windows, but unfortunately not on Mac (Apple doesn't give apps that much level of access to the hardware).
So on Mac, if you have a M1/M2 (and macos13), it will be used to accelerate stems2.0.
Otherwise, it will use the CPU (which still should be fast enough on your machine anyway).

Posted Thu 17 Nov 22 @ 9:29 am
Seems to use the GPU if you have an intel mac bootcamped though

Posted Thu 17 Nov 22 @ 9:31 am
Yes, it's not the hardware itself. It's the OS that prevents the access of the hardware.

Posted Thu 17 Nov 22 @ 9:32 am
Hello, would there be a way to build the Stems 2.0 on a Windows machine with GTX GPU and then transfer it to the Macbook (MacPro i9 OS 13)? What is to be considered?

Posted Thu 17 Nov 22 @ 1:23 pm
You would just have to sync over the updated database and all the .vdjstems files (assuming there's no compatibility issues between Windows and Mac file locations)

I'm currently building them on my Macbook Pro 16" i9 (Windows 10) to transfer to my Lenovo C940 DJ Machine

Posted Thu 17 Nov 22 @ 1:34 pm
The directory structure is the same for me!
Win-Mac. but what about the different path?
Example:
Win= "c:\music\folder\xxx.mp3
Mac= "data/music/folder/xxx.mp3
Isn't the database different?

Posted Thu 17 Nov 22 @ 2:10 pm
I just tried installing VDJ on the mac side, copied over the database to the correct place in documents, put some files in the matching place in library and it picked up the files and precomputed stems no problem at all. So it seems to automatically work around the differences between Windows and Mac file paths.

Posted Thu 17 Nov 22 @ 2:34 pm
There's no need to update the database, that will happen automatically when browsing the folder.
So just copying the .vdjstems files is sufficient.

Posted Thu 17 Nov 22 @ 2:36 pm
Did you copy the database or restore from backup?

Posted Thu 17 Nov 22 @ 2:39 pm
I just copied it but as Adion says above you don't need to.

Posted Thu 17 Nov 22 @ 2:42 pm
Danke, das ist Perfect!

Posted Thu 17 Nov 22 @ 2:56 pm
But final question!
Is it possible to simply copy the database from Win to Mac?
Are the path specifications compatible?

Posted Thu 17 Nov 22 @ 2:59 pm
But final question!

Posted Thu 17 Nov 22 @ 3:04 pm
If filename and filesize are the same it should be able to find the correct files again.

Posted Thu 17 Nov 22 @ 3:15 pm
nachtfalke0 wrote :
But final question!

As stated above, yes. I tried it and it worked perfectly.

Posted Thu 17 Nov 22 @ 5:13 pm
52%