Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: With Stems 2.0 analysis is now much slower. Analysis options removed? - Page: 6
Adion wrote :
On mac, the fastest will be M1/M2 on macOS 13. Other macs will work too, but as you noticed it will be much slower.

What’s the stem 2.0 compute speed difference between an M1 Pro and the M2. I really just need to know which is the best for live stem separation. About to buy one as soon as I have an answer. Thanks.

Posted Fri 25 Nov 22 @ 8:00 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Perfect, thanks for the explanation. Makes sense.

Bad news is that the new laptop is going back as a return. Massive latency issues (seem to be relating to the RTX graphics drivers) and a really annoying issue where the mouse and keyboard freeze for 5 seconds at a time.

Really nice machine but totally unworkable for what I need.

Any reason you don't want to try a Mac?

Posted Sat 26 Nov 22 @ 3:32 am
I just can't stand MacOS. Everything is backwards and I've used Windows since day one so just too used to it.

I have an Intel Macbook Pro already but had to bootcamp it :)

Posted Sat 26 Nov 22 @ 8:58 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
user22424522 wrote :
Adion wrote :
On mac, the fastest will be M1/M2 on macOS 13. Other macs will work too, but as you noticed it will be much slower.

What’s the stem 2.0 compute speed difference between an M1 Pro and the M2. I really just need to know which is the best for live stem separation. About to buy one as soon as I have an answer. Thanks.

M2 should be about 15x, so in-between the M1 (10x) and M1 Pro (20x)

Posted Sat 26 Nov 22 @ 10:24 am

Posted Sat 26 Nov 22 @ 10:27 am
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008

Posted Sat 26 Nov 22 @ 6:33 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Looks like you selected your entire library to be prepared, including songs that are no longer present perhaps?

Posted Sat 26 Nov 22 @ 6:40 pm
Adion wrote :
Looks like you selected your entire library to be prepared, including songs that are no longer present perhaps?

https://youtu.be/PW0fsIWS-5E

Posted Sat 26 Nov 22 @ 7:07 pm
AsTheDJ wrote :
Adion wrote :

when I open it also ? https://youtu.be/PW0fsIWS-5E

Posted Sat 26 Nov 22 @ 7:09 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Bu curiosity, on which column do you sort your browser?

Posted Sun 27 Nov 22 @ 10:39 am
djcel wrote :
Bu curiosity, on which column do you sort your browser?

Not sure what your asking Dj

Posted Sun 27 Nov 22 @ 4:34 pm
It Stop doing it

Posted Sun 27 Nov 22 @ 4:41 pm
KDJ LeePRO InfinityMember since 2011
I know this is all new technology but I think the need for a "gaming" laptop is going to mean trouble moving forward.
Gaming laptop producers do not seem to care about DPC latency and it is a lottery whether you get a laptop that can be tuned to run smoothly for audio, and one that can't - as Kradcliffe has just found out.
I found out the hard way too. I have just sent back an absolutely gorgeous Lenovo Legion 7i with an RTX3070ti. A beautiful beast of a machine.
It was absolutely impossible to tune! DPC latency spikes all over the place even with extensive work over many hours.
There is a perfect storm of manufacturers releasing terrible drivers, coupled with Microsoft and others insisting that laptop manufacturers prioritize every power-saving feature under the sun, some of which cannot be disabled. This wrecks audio performance.
I am fairly comfortable tweaking laptops and have managed to get all mine running smoothly, but 2021/2022 and even more so - 2023 laptops will become more and more difficult to tune.
XMG Schenker had a range of pro audio laptops but have almost admitted defeat with the new laptop architecture:
From their website:
Unfortunately, both the XMG DJ 15 and the XMG PRO 15 Audio are currently out of stock. Normally, there would be no need for any placeholder text like this one, as we would have successors ready for release – however, this time it’s not entirely up to us.
The introduction of Modern Standby and related changes to power management architecture on laptops are making it impossible for us – and as a matter of fact, for every other manufacturer – to release a laptop and genuinely call it “audio-optimized” at this point. This is in no way related to Windows 11 itself, which the new machines will be running – it’s due to changes on hardware level that need to be adapted to step by step.
If everything works out as expected, XMG might become the world’s first manufacturer to fine-tune Modern Standby machines for pro audio purposes – however, this is still very much a work in progress, so: no promises. We appreciate your interest and ask for a bit more patience as we figure this out. Stay tuned!

Even though I have never used MAC OS I am considering moving to the dark side....

Posted Sat 10 Dec 22 @ 5:15 pm
AsTheDJ wrote :
If it has a New 2023 Stems can it be a different color? right now Im not sure what’s been redone.

Different color for 2.0 vs 1.0 in the stems.

Posted Tue 14 Feb 23 @ 11:52 pm
KDJ Lee wrote :
I have just sent back an absolutely gorgeous Lenovo Legion 7i with an RTX3070ti. A beautiful beast of a machine.
It was absolutely impossible to tune! DPC latency spikes all over the place even with extensive work over many hours

I got the 2022 gen 7 Legion 7i with i9 and RTX3080ti for a try. It's actually good. The latency isn't as low as I'd like on the monitor however there are no dropouts or audio glitches. Used it on my gig at the weekend and no issues whatsoever. Decodes stems at 28.5x on balanced mode so more than quick enough.

As I keep saying if there are no issues with the ASIO drivers sound ways then the latency checker isn't the be all and end all.

Posted Wed 15 Feb 23 @ 12:41 am