Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: With Stems 2.0 analysis is now much slower. Analysis options removed? - Page: 2
So which is faster , the Rtx or the M1

Posted Mon 14 Nov 22 @ 2:52 am
M1 around 12x
M1 Pro around 20x

So a RTX3080 is about 50% faster than a M1 Pro

Posted Mon 14 Nov 22 @ 2:55 am
Talotres wrote :
In my case, my desktop 30 series card is not used during the stem creation (it is only using my CPU) in b7333, despite all settings at high power with in vdj.

Did you try to update your nvidia drivers?

Posted Mon 14 Nov 22 @ 3:00 am
Stephane Clavel wrote :
[quote=Talotres]In my case, my desktop 30 series card is not used during the stem creation /quote]
Did you try to update your nvidia drivers?

I haven't since I found v522.25 to be really broken and had to roll back to 517.48(I think, need to check).
( Looks like they are still issues with the latest 526.86 drivers https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/yrhch9/game_ready_driver_52686_faqdiscussion/)

What is your recommended minimum Nvidia driver version?

Posted Mon 14 Nov 22 @ 7:13 am
IIDEEJAYII wrote :
groovindj wrote :
Perhaps that spinning circle/checkmark would be better placed somewhere on the main skin rather than just on the pad page, so that it can be seen without needing that page to be selected.

One could create a custom button with

Action:
has_stems 'ready' ? on : off

and Button Name:
` has_stems 'ready'`

to have that spinning icon > check mark, and button illuminated, when ready to play, (so no need to have the stems pagepage active)

UPDATE: it appears that this type of custom button is NOT needed, since it appears that the stems, ARE available to play, if the waveform is displayed at the play-position. Easy!

(Correct ?)

Posted Mon 14 Nov 22 @ 8:00 am
Stephane Clavel wrote :
Mr DJ Mel wrote :
I’m taking any model RTX or GTX a card would suffice (GTX being slower of course)?

Here are some hard numbers so you can decide:
(we're talking about laptop versions. desktop cards would run at around twice those speeds, but nobody DJ with a desktop. and the numbers below are average, the same card number can have different speeds depending on the manufacturer, the voltage, and other factors)

GTX 1050: 5x
GTX 1650: 6x
RTX 2060: 10x
RTX 2070: 12x
RTX 2080: 15x
RTX 3060: 15x
RTX 3070: 20x
RTX 3080: 30x

Although the GTX are technically working, we do not recommend a GTX especially if you're buying a new laptop. Future versions of VirtualDJ might be optimized to use features available only on RTX cards.
And about which RTX to buy, well it's up to you and your budget, and which deal you can find.

Thanks this helps a lot.

Although gutted i need to go buy a new laptop once more after upgrading last dec to a really good spec machine.

Posted Mon 14 Nov 22 @ 8:57 am
Stephane Clavel wrote :
Mr DJ Mel wrote :
I’m taking any model RTX or GTX a card would suffice (GTX being slower of course)?

Here are some hard numbers so you can decide:
(we're talking about laptop versions. desktop cards would run at around twice those speeds, but nobody DJ with a desktop. and the numbers below are average, the same card number can have different speeds depending on the manufacturer, the voltage, and other factors)

GTX 1050: 5x
GTX 1650: 6x
RTX 2060: 10x
RTX 2070: 12x
RTX 2080: 15x
RTX 3060: 15x
RTX 3070: 20x
RTX 3080: 30x

Although the GTX are technically working, we do not recommend a GTX especially if you're buying a new laptop. Future versions of VirtualDJ might be optimized to use features available only on RTX cards.
And about which RTX to buy, well it's up to you and your budget, and which deal you can find.

I thought of theses numbers as just for comparison
But are they actually "times faster than regular playing speed"?

Posted Mon 14 Nov 22 @ 9:07 am
klausmogensen wrote :
I thought of theses numbers as just for comparison
But are they actually "times faster than regular playing speed"?

Yes exactly.

So x30 means to process 1 minute of song, it takes 2 seconds.

Posted Mon 14 Nov 22 @ 9:30 am
One thing this has done is made me realise how rubbish my current laptops are.

Main issue for me is that I like a "yoga" tablet type setup for my gigs however all folding laptops have crap graphics on-board.

May need to have a rethink

Posted Mon 14 Nov 22 @ 10:32 am
Sorry for using this thread, but I didn't want to make a new one for this, as it is somewhat related:

As I can use pre-computed stems only (no dedicated GPU, i5 Chip), I was wondering where VDJ saves the stems on my harddrive and how much space it requires.
If it's not that much (I have an internal 1TB SSD) I might go with analyzing my most played tracks and skip buying a new laptop for now because otherwise it works just fine.

Thanks for your help!

Posted Mon 14 Nov 22 @ 11:05 am
The ones I have created on the 2.0 engine are all 20 to 30mb in size, and the .vdjstems file is located in the same folder as the original track.

Posted Mon 14 Nov 22 @ 11:10 am
Thanks a lot!
I was hoping, VDJ would save those files in one dedicated folder, but that's fine.
Starting to pre-compute now for the next two days :D

new stems are brilliant, love it!

Posted Mon 14 Nov 22 @ 11:38 am
kradcliffe wrote :
Main issue for me is that I like a "yoga" tablet type setup for my gigs however all folding laptops have crap graphics on-board.

If you're going to use a separate keyboard and mouse, then better to use a separate monitor too and just get a portable mini-pc like https://www.zotac.com/jm/product/mini_pcs/magnus-en173080c-barebone

Posted Mon 14 Nov 22 @ 11:50 am
kradcliffe wrote :

another option to look into would be a loaded mac mini, it might be a little slower than the windows pc with a graphics card that Stephane referenced . The plus side would be its not bare bones, and its ready to go out of the box.

Posted Mon 14 Nov 22 @ 3:48 pm
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
If it has a New 2023 Stems can it be a different color? right now Im not sure what’s been redone.

Posted Mon 14 Nov 22 @ 4:07 pm
Mr DJ Mel wrote :

gutted i need to go buy a new laptop

Just did a quick test here on my Alienware laptop (RTX 3070) and loading a five minute track, the 'ready tick' comes up quickly - under 2 seconds - but the 'computing stems' part takes around 25 seconds.

Posted Mon 14 Nov 22 @ 6:08 pm
Question for Atomix: Do the graphics drivers have any bearing on things when using stems?

i.e. NVIDIA have Game Ready or Studio drivers. Does it matter which one I use?

Posted Mon 14 Nov 22 @ 7:28 pm
no, both game ready and studio work the same. as long as you have the latest version.

Posted Mon 14 Nov 22 @ 7:49 pm
Can confirm I've installed latest studio drivers, and my 3080 desktop GPU is now being used after I unticked "don't use GPU" in the settings on my test partition. :D
It's not using more than 6% GPU fwiw but I'm assuming the target platform is laptop, thus not using even half the performance. Still only takes 6 seconds for a 5 min track.

I am getting a crackle when dropping a track and hitting play immediately ( as heard with low ASIO buffer latency crackle despite vdj but I'm using WASAPI and not ASIO). It only persists during the stem calculation period. Just using the software without a controller but with a USB 2i2.
Strangely I tried to record the issue with screen capture and the recorded audio is perfect. :/

Posted Mon 14 Nov 22 @ 10:33 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
New Stems 2.0 Require MACOS 12 and above.

I guess us with older macs will be stuck with vdi 2021 ?

Posted Wed 16 Nov 22 @ 5:43 pm
35%