Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Major issue with licence - asking to log in every startup - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Just switched on my gig machine (which hasn't been logged out in months) and it asked me to log in. Strange I thought ......

Now every time I exit VDJ and restart it asks me to log in. There is no licence.dat file being created.

I have also had to go back to 3870 as the current early release crashes when you try to log in. What a bloody mess.

This better not happen when I get to my gig later tonight as I know I have no internet access there.

Posted Thu 14 Sep 17 @ 7:06 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
 Best Answer After some problems with Amazon yesterday one of the login servers started to behave incorrectly causing the log in to fail sometimes.
We have now fixed the broken server and login should work again as expected.
We have also taken measures to ensure that a broken server will not cause the software to log out anymore.

Posted Fri 15 Sep 17 @ 10:32 am[ selected best answer by Adion on Fri 15 Sep 17 @ 10:49 am ]
Same here. Doesent let me log in even.

Whats going on?

Posted Thu 14 Sep 17 @ 7:15 pm
The beauty of server side authentication unfortunately.

Last time this happened was the AWS crash and Rune said it would be looked in to but it's still a problem it seems.

Posted Thu 14 Sep 17 @ 7:18 pm
mine is making me login each time i open the software as well

must be some server issue

ok and now seems to be working again

Posted Thu 14 Sep 17 @ 7:28 pm
eriedjPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I am also getting this issue on both of my active gig laptops.

Is there a fix?

Posted Thu 14 Sep 17 @ 7:43 pm
If you have a backup of your licence.dat file (from the same PC) then move it to the VDJ folder with the internet shut off and VDJ shut down then it should start up ok.

Otherways you are screwed it seems.

Posted Thu 14 Sep 17 @ 7:45 pm
Gulp! Just tried on mine, same thing grrrr.

Posted Thu 14 Sep 17 @ 7:49 pm
I can understand if you can't log in but why the hell is it logging people out who have been logged in on their machine for ages?

This is a proper screw up.

I have a club gig in an hour so fingers crossed or it's bye bye VDJ.

Posted Thu 14 Sep 17 @ 7:52 pm
Unfortunately, I don't have a backup of the license.dat file.

Will this issue affect playback during my events this weekend? I have a sold out weekend and can't be logging in during an event.

Posted Thu 14 Sep 17 @ 7:53 pm
Well let's hope it's sorted by then.

Posted Thu 14 Sep 17 @ 7:54 pm
I opened up a support ticket.

Posted Thu 14 Sep 17 @ 8:09 pm
Is this an issue with the current early access build? Should I roll back?

Posted Thu 14 Sep 17 @ 8:15 pm
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Im log in but it ask me to log in agin ?

Posted Thu 14 Sep 17 @ 8:16 pm
djvintaPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I just looked like a fool in front of my guests. Got asked to enter the password when I started VDJ because the software had been used on another computer. (it hasn't!). A minor hassle obviously, but ok. Password was accepted (of course!) and things worked. Then after approx. 10 minutes I got the message that I can use VDJ for free for a while, but that I need a license to use it with a controller. This was right in the middle of a transition, the controller was locked and one song was looped and the other one was at the end. To make matters worse I had a filter applied to the next song which was looped. Couldn't reset the filter nor disengage the loop. It sounded like shit! Managed to disengage the loop and reset the filter in the GUI after a while. Please fix this!

Posted Thu 14 Sep 17 @ 8:29 pm
Where the hell are the Atomix staff?

Posted Thu 14 Sep 17 @ 8:31 pm
This is a disaster for VDJ. Needs to be sorted asap.

Is it only with the early access build?

Tried going back to the current public build, but, I've forgotten how to do it on a Mac, any helpers?

Posted Thu 14 Sep 17 @ 8:41 pm
Rolling back did nothing. Same login issue.

Please, everyone open support tickets so it doesn't look like I'm alone in this problem.

Posted Thu 14 Sep 17 @ 8:42 pm
No Les. It's all builds as it's a server issue. I've arrived at my gig but my MCX8000 will only work for 10 mins as there is no license file being created. This is gonna be awkward.

Posted Thu 14 Sep 17 @ 8:44 pm
it is working fine for me now

i suggest you guys try logging in again

Posted Thu 14 Sep 17 @ 8:50 pm
I can't provoke the issue.
Maybe the servers are back up and running?

Posted Thu 14 Sep 17 @ 8:52 pm
28%