Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Major issue with licence - asking to log in every startup - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

it's also keep asking me now to log in, re-login. Exit VDJ and check license and I'm log out. Need to login again and again.

Something is wrong.

Posted Thu 14 Sep 17 @ 9:07 pm
Seems to be working now. Still a major issue that needs comment from Atomix,

Posted Thu 14 Sep 17 @ 9:08 pm
eriedjPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I'm still having an issue on both of my active laptops

Posted Thu 14 Sep 17 @ 9:17 pm
This is my checklist/backup options when there is an issue with the license validation servers (I've only seen it twice before today)
1. Try it again, and check the license pane in the settings to see if I'm really logged in, and check if the "\Documents\VirtualDJ\license.dat" file is new and has a fresh timestamp
2. If that doesn't work: Disable internet on the laptop, and restore a backed up version of the license.dat
3. If that doesn't work (or if you don't have a backup of the license.dat file): If my controller is supported in v7, use v7 (they can co-exists on the laptop, and it has a different license validation system)
4. If that doesn't work: Run v8 in keyboard mode. That should be able to run without a license and without a 10 min limitation. Make sure to check "Don't ask again" in the license pop-up, and continue to have internet disabled, so you won't get disturbed while mixing with the keyboard
5. If that doesn't work: Use v7 in keyboard mode
6. If that doesn't work: Use my playlist (m3u files), WinAmp and the mouse to complete the gig. You'll then also need to re-configure sound setup so that your controller is used by your operating system as audio out, or re-wire master out from the headphone output on the laptop

IRL I've never gotten further than point 2, but better to be prepared...

(I also posted this on the VDJ FB Forum)

Posted Thu 14 Sep 17 @ 9:44 pm
Thanks for locking my post on Facebook. Rather than giving us an explanation it's easier just to sweep it all under the carpet. Pathetic.

This very nearly screwed up my gig tonight but that's obviously ok.

Posted Thu 14 Sep 17 @ 10:09 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Thanks for locking my post on Facebook. Rather than giving us an explanation it's easier just to sweep it all under the carpet. Pathetic.

Adam from Atomix did post as the last post in your FB thread
Maybe it was locked to make sure that the official message won't drown in a reply flood?

Posted Thu 14 Sep 17 @ 10:12 pm
Maybe.

But after nearly 10 years with VDJ I'm going to have to look at alternatives. I can't be in the situation I was earlier tonight. My DJ money feeds my family.

Maybe I'm unlucky working during the week but that's twice there have been license server issues in a matter of months.

Posted Thu 14 Sep 17 @ 10:16 pm
ain't perfect but i'll put up with some minor issues as long as it keeps the crackheads at bay.

Posted Thu 14 Sep 17 @ 10:35 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Maybe.
But after nearly 10 years with VDJ I'm going to have to look at alternatives. I can't be in the situation I was earlier tonight. My DJ money feeds my family.

As a backup I agree with you. Always have a backup option so you are confident you can make it safely through the gig
But to me that doesn't mean that VDJ8 isn't still my primary option/software
It just means that I have other ways to complete the gig if VDJ8 for some reason can't do it

kradcliffe wrote :
Maybe I'm unlucky working during the week but that's twice there have been license server issues in a matter of months.

Doesn't matter the reason. You should always feel safe about your gear when driving to a gig.

So as I said: There is nothing wrong with a backup option. Or 2. Or 3.
I actually have a backup list written down in a text file
That goes for failing software, failing laptops, PAs, mixer, you name it
I feel safer to have all these, and when things starts to go downhill, I feel much more confident going through a list of backup options I have thought through in advance, than coming up with suggestions on the spot

Posted Thu 14 Sep 17 @ 10:48 pm
Guess what, there's still a VDJ server issue. On one of my laptops, just got the account login prompt.

Posted Fri 15 Sep 17 @ 12:19 am
how many laptops are you logging in only 2 allowed at a time or else another gets logged out.

everything working fine here

Posted Fri 15 Sep 17 @ 12:23 am
I only own 2 laptops. So its never more than 2 logged in at any time.

Posted Fri 15 Sep 17 @ 12:58 am
How can I be the only one with a recurrence of this issue?

Posted Fri 15 Sep 17 @ 1:09 am
I am seeing the issue as well. It seems to be that now you cannot use your nickname to login. Don't know for sure but tried it several times and would not log me in just using my nickname. This happened just today and don't know what kicked it off and was not about logging into another computer or anything like that. Then I used my email to login and that seemed to take. The default name that comes up is your nickname and not your email. Not quite sure yet but seemed to help when using my email to log in. Have not had this happen before though.

Posted Fri 15 Sep 17 @ 1:32 am
i just updated and logged in using regular nick login with no issue.
i dunno whats up but someone gonna be chugging the caffeine tonight.

Posted Fri 15 Sep 17 @ 1:37 am
Tried again... logged in using my nickname... this time it took and I was logged in... but when I restarted VDJ it asked me to login again. Then tried with my email and I was logged in... restarted and asked me to login lol... then tried again with my email and that took :) Have no idea why it happened in the first place and have no idea when it will happen again.

Posted Fri 15 Sep 17 @ 1:45 am
Both of my laptops are always running here in my office but that doesn't mean I always have Virtual DJ running at all times.

I only have one laptop running now, clicked on Virtual DJ and it opened with no login prompt.

Posted Fri 15 Sep 17 @ 1:51 am
Never mind, I was logged out of my Virtual DJ software again so this continues to be an issue

Posted Fri 15 Sep 17 @ 1:53 am
Yup... just got it again... wonder if someone has hacked into the username / passwords ? I am constantly shutting VDJ down and restarting for development needs and have never seen this before except when I know I have logged into another computer and that is not the case now.

Posted Fri 15 Sep 17 @ 2:19 am
Since I'm the only one left posting about the login issue, lol, I have only one laptop with Virtual DJ running. 25 minutes and no logout.

Are we still able to use 2 laptops running VDJ simultaneously or is it down to 1 now? Or, is this still the earlier VDJ server issue?

Posted Fri 15 Sep 17 @ 2:21 am
56%