Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: WARNING: Windows 10/nVidia Issue [SOLVED] - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
For VirtualDJ itself you don't need to install anything extra.

The VC redistributables might be required for some plugins, but you will easily see if the plugin is not working.
The DX install might also be required for some plugins, I think milkdrop needs it.

Posted Tue 08 Mar 16 @ 4:06 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Certainly none of my v8 plugins need the VC redists.

Posted Tue 08 Mar 16 @ 4:51 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Patch of Microsoft that seem to fix the issue with the BSOD on dxgmms2.sys

Quote :
MS did an update to Win 10 to version 10586.122 which patched DirectX core files.

Quote :
The latest Windows 10 cumulative update released today appears to have fixed this problem.

"Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3140743)"

March 1, 2016 — KB3140743 (OS Build 10586.122)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/update-history-windows-10

Posted Sun 13 Mar 16 @ 12:04 pm
Has anybody updated and gave it a try to see if BSOD still continues?

Posted Sun 13 Mar 16 @ 10:49 pm
Just updated Windows 10 Home today. I will be testing this along with Nvidia Driver 364.51 (latest).

edit: Just started 11:55pm est (I'll report tomorrow when I wake up). It's on Automix/repeat.

Posted Tue 15 Mar 16 @ 3:35 am
it's now 8:50am and system still running (set automix/repeat VIDEOS).

Posted Tue 15 Mar 16 @ 12:49 pm
another 4 hours nto testing and not a single BSOD.

Anyone else doing some test or I'm the only one excited about this getting fixed :)

I think I'm ready to move into Windows 10 (keeping my Working Gig as backup running Win7).

Posted Tue 15 Mar 16 @ 4:45 pm
well I'm convinced. More hours put into testing and BSOD.

I'm going to use this LIVE this weekend (main gig on stand by).

Posted Tue 15 Mar 16 @ 7:54 pm
I'm gonna give it a shot too, soon

Posted Tue 15 Mar 16 @ 8:21 pm
The Magic.DJ wrote :
well I'm convinced. More hours put into testing and BSOD.

I'm going to use this LIVE this weekend (main gig on stand by).

I meant ---- NO BSOD

Another 2 hours put into it.. Happy camper..

Going to install other prrograms that I use with this machine for this weekends gigs.

Posted Tue 15 Mar 16 @ 9:57 pm
Used the Laptop with Windows 10 (The one I have been testing and reporting here) in Gigs this weekend and NO PROBLEM.

Saturday night ran it for a 7 hour gig without any problems.

All I can say now gentlemen is that, Windows 10 and latest Nvidia Driver works perfectly together. No MODE BSOD.

Posted Mon 21 Mar 16 @ 2:30 am
after days with Windows 10, it deactivated itself. It told that Windows was not activated. This machine was updated automatically from Windows 7.
I guess this happened when Auto update to Windows 10 Home 1511.

Tried to activate while online it was not activating.

Note says that you can use use your Windows 7,8,81. KEY to manually activated windows.

So I guess all the users that Automatically updated Windows, it will deactivated itself and not letting the user know. You can't even activate online, You must type in the Key.

Anyone here did an auto upgrade/update, check if windows is activated.

Posted Wed 23 Mar 16 @ 1:25 pm
Appreciate the testing and feedback as my Asus ROG G,752 with Nivida 970m card installed arrives Tomorrow. Running American DJ VMS4 as well. Glad to have a heads up to this issue.
Thanks, Rockin Randy

Posted Sun 27 Mar 16 @ 11:20 am
I'm gonna install new driver update tomorrow too and start testing until Wednesday... Crossing fingers that BSOD problem is solved

Posted Sun 27 Mar 16 @ 4:25 pm
use this TEST setup LIVE in the last 2 weeks/weekends. NO BSOD.

Posted Sun 27 Mar 16 @ 7:44 pm
Nvidia just release 364.72 (today 3/28/2016)

Anyone who are going to move forward with Windows 10 with nvidia cards should use the latest driver.

364.51 is what I have been testing and worked with no problem. We ca use that version to fall back on if the newer one gives problem.

Posted Mon 28 Mar 16 @ 3:43 pm
cpz379PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Also for me the patch of Microsoft of March 1, 2016 has fixed the issue with the BSOD on dxgmms2.sys. In Windows 10 Home with a NVDIA graphics card I have no longer a BSOD when mixing videos in VDJ.

Posted Sun 03 Apr 16 @ 10:06 pm
Tried newest nvidia version and no BSOD BUT i am having graphic issues that i didn't have for the last 3 months. while using milkdrop the whole contrast of vritual dj went dark including the external screen where milkdrop was on...i hadn't seen this issue in a long time...i will be definitely reversing back to older nvidia version if this issue continues

Posted Sat 30 Apr 16 @ 12:40 pm
tried newest update and seems to be working fine now

Posted Wed 11 May 16 @ 3:13 pm
CMBDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I have the above Microsoft update and the latest NVidia driver and this issue popped up on me again last night. Virtual dj closes and restarted then resumed playing. I had to swap computers and use VDJ 7 on Windows 7 the rest of the night.

Posted Sun 22 May 16 @ 8:25 pm
86%