Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: WARNING: Windows 10/nVidia Issue [SOLVED] - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Roll back windows10 to win7 or win8.1 - a drastic approach.
Roll back your NVidia drivers to a previous known working version - a safer approach.

on the other hand, if you are seeing BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) you could fault find yourself with this clever little tool that scans the dump files that the BSOD generates..
Download whocrashed tool here.
if you don't understand what the report means then use google search to find more info.. As this post started off with, it isn't VirtualDj that is the cause of the failure and WE cannot help here with everything to do with Windows.. just if its related to Virtualdj..

Posted Thu 11 Feb 16 @ 9:49 pm
PressNPlayDJ wrote :
The magic.dj. i suggest simply installing an earlier driver for nvidia! Solves all issues!!

What happens when win10 auto-updates these nvidia drivers back to newest version again behind you back?

Posted Tue 16 Feb 16 @ 2:36 pm
klausmogensen wrote :
PressNPlayDJ wrote :
The magic.dj. i suggest simply installing an earlier driver for nvidia! Solves all issues!!

What happens when win10 auto-updates these nvidia drivers back to newest version again behind you back?

Visit my profile and i have tweaks for windows 10 at my blog. They you will see that you can turn off auto driver updates. I've been using my windows 10 machine with no issues for the last 4 weeks. Before i downgrad the nvidia driver i was having BSOD.

Posted Tue 16 Feb 16 @ 2:43 pm
here are my experience with Windows 10 with Asus ROG G73JW Laptop.
This Laptop was just for me to test of what it can do. I was planning for laptop to be a Backup Gig System. My other Asus G53S Gig is running sweet with Windows 7.

Now for Testing this Asus G73JW:
==============================
Test 1: Re-formatted system and installed Windows 10 Home with all updates.
Updated the Nvidia Video Driver to the latest.
Fresh installed VDJ.

After some initial heavy testing....
BSOD with the ERROR dxgmms2.sys
===================================

Test 2: Re-formated system and installed Windows 10 but this time no UPDATES. I manually installed the drivers needed that was missing in Device Manger list.
Used NVidia Driver version 347.88. (The recommended version)
Fresh installed VDJ

Result: No more BSOD. MP3 and Videos (MPG, MP4) ran great.
=====================

I made an image of TEST 2: I had other problems causing VDJ to stutter for less than a second and if video is playing, it also freeze the video and sound for less than a second.

I have to get back to this setup once i have more time or maybe wait till Windows 10 gets more good reviews.
==============================================================================================

Bottom line at this point.
=====================

I re-formatted system back to Windows 7 home
Installed all driver updates including Nvidia Video Driver to the latest.

Setup everything so I can use this system as my Backup System.

after all setup done, gave the system a nice good TEST and EVERYTHING is SWEET (like my other Asus)

I am leaving this setup like this for now.
=====================================

Just a note: I also updated my Asus G53S to windows 10 BACK in the DAY, and also gave me problems.
I put back my old setup (IMAGE) and left it.

Conclusion....... Don't Fix if it ain't Broken :)

Posted Tue 16 Feb 16 @ 4:16 pm
@Magic.dj
Your story is different, and you didn't follow my tweaks. I mention to update all except the latest nvidia driver AND to delete old partition. BUT yes, you shouldn't update from windows 7. I don't recommend. I bought my computer with freshly installed windows 10, meaning windows 10 was the only OS installed.

Posted Tue 16 Feb 16 @ 6:16 pm
I cannot roll back your driver to 347.88 running Windows 10. How are you rolling it back?

Posted Sat 20 Feb 16 @ 7:39 pm
London Calling wrote :
I cannot roll back your driver to 347.88 running Windows 10. How are you rolling it back?

Unistall all nvidia drivers then go to the website and download 353.

Posted Sat 20 Feb 16 @ 7:49 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006

Posted Sat 20 Feb 16 @ 7:49 pm
Nvidia just release a new verion. Try this new one to see how it goes (361.91).

When I have a little time, i will give this a try.

Posted Mon 22 Feb 16 @ 9:54 pm
361 causes BSOD

Posted Mon 22 Feb 16 @ 10:00 pm

Posted Wed 24 Feb 16 @ 5:42 am
362 is release. Wonder if this problem is fixed. When I have time next week, I'll give it a try (unless someone confirm something bad/good).

Posted Sat 05 Mar 16 @ 3:52 pm
Yes i saw it too... Haven't tried it yet and i think i won't since i have 0 time right now.

Posted Sat 05 Mar 16 @ 3:53 pm
Doing some testing today. I'm loading my Windows 10 x64 image to another HD for testing only.

I'll post my findings when I'm done.

Posted Mon 07 Mar 16 @ 9:22 pm
I'm just finishing up and I see that Nvidia has updated to 364. I will test it with this updated version.

Posted Mon 07 Mar 16 @ 11:16 pm
Cool thanks man. Will do some tests next week as well... M
Kinda busy this week.

Posted Mon 07 Mar 16 @ 11:18 pm
I been running videos in Automix for 2 hours+ and no "dxgmms2.sys" BSOD.

I'll keep testing.

Somehow my Win 10 is not activated. Need to find out why this is. I try updating and \getting Server Stumbled and gives me 0xC004C003 (blocked for some reason).

Maybe I'll reinstall 7 and then do the upgrade again.

Time to go play.

Posted Tue 08 Mar 16 @ 2:19 am
I updated windows 10 recently and works perfect BUT I'm still using an older nvidia driver (352.1)

Posted Tue 08 Mar 16 @ 3:43 am
Finally got Windows 10 (1511) Home x64 all squared up. Had to put Win7 image and did an upgrade to 10 (it was blocked from my last attempt from an old image).

Whats installed for Testing:
Fresh install of Win 10 (home) with all updates 3/8/2016 and all drivers installed.
Nvidia 364.47 x64 installed released 3/7/2016
Using Built in Sound card from Asus ROG
VDJ 2857

That's it. No other programs, ASIO, Anti-Virus, Apps etc... Not even DX9 or vc++ (do we need to install DX9 or VC++ ?)

Running Automix with VIDEOS and MP3 (shuffled).
Testing begins now 8:30am EST

Posted Tue 08 Mar 16 @ 1:39 pm
I'm convinced that the problem is now resolved. I have tested yesterday for over 2 hours and today going into 2 hours now and not a single BSOD.

Before, I get BSOD in less than 10 Videos played.

Do I still need to do the Windows 10 Tweak ?

I will now install my ASIO audio card driver and other program I need.

I will make image first before I continue.

My question is, do I need to really install DX9 and vc++ 2008 ?

Posted Tue 08 Mar 16 @ 3:28 pm
57%