Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Free VirtualDJ 8 Clinics in Miami & LA - Reserve your seat today - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Well, to keep it on topic.. :D
Will we get a release date or approx during the clinics? :P

Posted Mon 31 Mar 14 @ 7:00 pm
dasouth2004 wrote :
Will we get a release date or approx during the clinics?

I would guess not - unless its already released by then.

Clinics or not, I don't think the policy will change because of them. Its been demo'd at trade shows with no release date.

But who knows - just have to wait and see.

Is anyone booked to go??

Posted Mon 31 Mar 14 @ 7:06 pm

Posted Tue 01 Apr 14 @ 2:09 am
So either Phil's been given info that we haven't, or he's published opinion as fact without Atomix consent.

It doesn't make sense (if 8 is finished) that we find out via a digitaldjtips article before an announcement here, so I suspect the latter - in which case surely he'll get a slap on the wrist and be told to either take the article down or reword it.

Posted Tue 01 Apr 14 @ 5:47 am
I am sure that Phil is not just speculating. He is an insider with inside information.
How else would he have gotten that HD skin photo?

If he says the release is imminent then I believe him. He is not going to tell us how he knows that or who told him.

DJ James

Posted Tue 01 Apr 14 @ 1:47 pm
It does seem strange to me that Atomix choose to drop snippets through a blog site and not just tell all the loyal forum users and Facebook followers officially.

I don't understand PR & Marketing!

Posted Tue 01 Apr 14 @ 2:01 pm
OK that's fair enough - but then why have Atomix withheld the info from us, the registered users, in this thread but (seemingly) given the info to Phil at Digital DJ Tips?

edit - @kradcliffe snap!

Posted Tue 01 Apr 14 @ 2:08 pm
Because we already own the software and will get the update for free. Atomix wants to sell the software to people that will be purchasing it. Not existing users who will get it for free. They have already sold us on the product. The only way they are gonna make money from the new versions is to get people that use other software to switch to VDJ and buy the new version.

Makes perfect marketing sense to get blogs like digital dj tips to put out the info as they have millions of users worldwide that use all different types of software and controllers. That is exactly who they should be advertising too.

#justsayin'

DJ James

Posted Tue 01 Apr 14 @ 2:19 pm
Also, it makes perfect sense that the clinics would be held by an American DJ company American Audio. After all what pro DJ would bother using American Audio for their controller? Those controllers are for beginners. Great target for marketing VDJ. I don't know about other users but for myself I have other copies of other software like Serato and Traktor. If you have more than one controller then you most likely have different software that came with it. Once beginners get past that stage of their career they will want to upgrade to the pro version and use a pro controller.

Great marketing for Atomix

DJ James

Posted Tue 01 Apr 14 @ 2:40 pm
jamesvanek wrote :
Makes perfect marketing sense to get blogs like digital dj tips to put out the info

Yes it does - but after it's been announced here. This is the Atomix web site, right?

There's not even a "coming soon" banner on the www.virtualdj.com home page to tease VDJ 8, or any info on the clinics.

Other software I use (with associated forums) announces to their users first - or at the very least simultaneously. There's still not been a comment from anyone at Atomix about the DDJT post.

Posted Tue 01 Apr 14 @ 2:45 pm
If you put a coming soon VDJ 8 banner up on the website or announce imminent release, don't you think that would discourage people from purchasing VDJ 7? After all most people would probably just wait till the new version comes out not realizing that the update is free. Or not wanting to learn and old version when the new one is about to come out. Atomix still has a business to run and needs to sell software today.

That would be like putting a banner up that says "Come back later. Don't buy the old version today when you can wait till later and buy the new version"

lol. They might as well put just put up a banner that says closed for remodeling.

This is not rocket science. You just have to think like a business would and not a user that is awaiting a free update.

DJ James

Posted Tue 01 Apr 14 @ 2:59 pm
Well we can speculate forever but it's pointless really. It was "soon" over 2 years ago so "imminent" could mean anything.

Chill guys!

Posted Tue 01 Apr 14 @ 3:05 pm
groovindj wrote :

Other software I use (with associated forums) announces to their users first - or at the very least simultaneously. There's still not been a comment from anyone at Atomix about the DDJT post.

Comment on what exactly? In case you didn't notice, the information at the top of this thread is the exact information that DDJT announced but with their own spin on it. You even got that info 10 days in advance of the article!

Posted Tue 01 Apr 14 @ 3:07 pm
djtouchdan wrote :
I don't see what DigitalDJTips have been given that we didn't get over a week ago, other than a slightly improved quality of screenshot.

American DJ Clinics, screenshot and an indication that version 8 is or is almost ready.

You can get all that from this post made 10days ago. DJtips exclusive is an improved screenshot!! WOW - that tells me everything I need to know about V8!!

NOTHING HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED - OFFICIAL OR OTHER WISE (imo)

Come on guys!!!

I think that the HD screenshot is a heads up to us users that are awaiting the release. It's a way to let us know that Phil has the inside scoop and that his posts are legit. To everyone else it doesn't matter.

DJ James

Posted Tue 01 Apr 14 @ 3:07 pm
djtouchdan wrote :

NOTHING HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED

Nothing has been announced from Atomix - but that DDJT story is headed "Virtual DJ 8 Is Here".

There's no maybe about a statement like that.

Other phrases like "indicating that the product is ready" imply very strongly that it's not just a guess.

LIke I said earlier, if it was just a guess, then I would've thought that Atomix would have got DDJT to remove it by now.

SuperAceMan wrote :
the information at the top of this thread is the exact information that DDJT announced

Really? Where in this thread did Atomix announce that "Virtual DJ 8 Is Here" and that attendees will get to use "a production version" (i.e. not a beta)?

Posted Tue 01 Apr 14 @ 3:08 pm
Its a way of Phil saying - "Hey, I have a HD Screenshot!!"

Nothing more - just chill out and wait like the rest of us!!

Posted Tue 01 Apr 14 @ 3:10 pm
groovindj wrote :
but that DDJT story is headed "Virtual DJ 8 Is Here".

I've got the winning Lottery Ticket!!!

Well I might have, but i'll have to wait for the draw (the numbers to be released) before i'll know!! :-)

Posted Tue 01 Apr 14 @ 3:12 pm
djtouchdan wrote :
Its a way of Phil saying - "Hey, I have a HD Screenshot!!"

Yeah, 1920x1080. Perfect for my laptop!

Posted Tue 01 Apr 14 @ 3:23 pm
And where do you think he got that screen shot from?

He is the only one that has it. It is certainly not available on this site.

It's obvious that it was given to him by someone on the inside and the permission to post it.

#justsayin'

DJ James

Posted Tue 01 Apr 14 @ 3:26 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
groovindj wrote :
Nothing has been announced from Atomix - but that DDJT story is headed "Virtual DJ 8 Is Here".

You don't read a newspaper that often, do you?

What if he (the autor) wanted to say "Virtual DJ is Here....."

"on this website. Look at this amasing screenshot...."

There is really no information you could not get in this forum, or facebook, or on BPM ...

Posted Tue 01 Apr 14 @ 3:29 pm
28%