Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Free VirtualDJ 8 Clinics in Miami & LA - Reserve your seat today - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Please keep to English in the general discussion forum.

Posted Tue 25 Mar 14 @ 8:25 pm
Just because the clinics are scheduled doesnt mean the software will be released by those dates....

Posted Wed 26 Mar 14 @ 8:40 pm
Both my Serato and Traktor software have been given yet another feature update, yet no VDJ updates in over a year?..... #JUSTSAYIN'

Posted Thu 27 Mar 14 @ 4:47 am

The VirtualDJ 7.x platform have had constant updates, last one only a few months ago..
Adding color waveforms, brand new 32-bit HQ audio engine, parametric EQs, limiter, and tons more

#JUSTSAYIN'

;)

Posted Thu 27 Mar 14 @ 7:46 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
@ ratedxxx

'Just because the clinics are scheduled doesnt mean the software will be released by those dates....'

True but it can't be far off those dates, why have a clinic for something that won't be out for a while?

One thing I noticed
If that's the default skin on the promo poster RETHINK IT (Give DJDAD and Synth3tic a open brief), I see masses of unused empty space.
VDJ has always been dogged for looking 3rd rate compared to other software, and that skin (rightly or wrongly) won't help it's reputation.

Posted Thu 27 Mar 14 @ 7:06 pm
Your opinion of the skin, has been noted, and forwarded to the appropriate in box.

Posted Thu 27 Mar 14 @ 8:38 pm
The bin then :D

Posted Fri 28 Mar 14 @ 6:17 am
the space or air, is there to simplify the gui for new users, or novice users.
For those who want more buttons one can fill that area with easy clicks in the gui to show advanced key/harmonic options, timecode, aux etc.

Same goes for the sidebar views, the also show a simple view as default, but can extend to show more advanced features also.

And I'm sure there will be plenty of custom user skins to download too, for those who would want tons of buttons instead of "less is more"

;)

Anyways this thread is about the free clinics - and those who want to attend those ;)

Posted Fri 28 Mar 14 @ 8:27 am
Well use the all singing all dancing aspects for promotional stuff, BMW don't use their basic version on their adverts. The default skin is what every possible purchaser will see first and many will have their decision swayed quite heavily upon that first impression.
Whilst VDJ has been superior technically it's had a bad press for looking like a toy.

Anywho I'd love to go to a clinic any plans for the UK?

Posted Fri 28 Mar 14 @ 10:52 am
Just a quick question about Vdj 8? When released will pro users be allowed to download as an upgrade or will we have to pay?

Posted Fri 28 Mar 14 @ 9:16 pm
Free upgrade, yes.

Back to topic please 😉

Posted Fri 28 Mar 14 @ 9:20 pm
@Dj-in-Norway

The audio engine is still far behind both Traktor and Serato in quality, especially with the the key lock function and I'd much rather have had better quality audio than useless colored waveforms. I honestly feel like Atomix are lagging and need to pull something special out the bag soon before even more people switch to one of the competing software packages

Posted Sun 30 Mar 14 @ 1:56 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Why pre empt what v8 will have and what it might not have, best to reserve your judgement until the release I would have thought.

Posted Sun 30 Mar 14 @ 2:18 pm
The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence!!

That's all i'm going to say.

(to everyone outside the UK probably has no idea what i'm talking about) lol

EDIT: Thanks Paul lol
In other words - all those that have switched will probably be back, after all they will get the upgrade for free if they have a Pro License.

Posted Sun 30 Mar 14 @ 2:19 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Maybe's even some in the UK... rofl

Posted Sun 30 Mar 14 @ 2:20 pm
Cauthers wrote :
The audio engine is still far behind both Traktor and Serato in quality, especially with the the key lock function and I'd much rather have had better quality audio than useless colored waveforms. I honestly feel like Atomix are lagging and need to pull something special out the bag soon before even more people switch to one of the competing software packages

Let's not have a debate on what your view is on the current version of the software. This thread is about the clinics that will be held on the future version and the new flagship product :)

Please keep this thread on topic.

Posted Sun 30 Mar 14 @ 4:44 pm
Quote :

In my opinion that is not true - extreme slowdowns in keylock sound way worse in Serato than in VDJ.

PS. Just saw the moderators post - please remove this as you see fit.

Posted Mon 31 Mar 14 @ 12:31 pm
djtouchdan wrote :
The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence!!

That's because it's not real grass, it's astro turf.

Posted Mon 31 Mar 14 @ 4:45 pm
SuperAceMan wrote :
Cauthers wrote :

Let's not have a debate on what your view is on the current version of the software. This thread is about the clinics that will be held on the future version and the new flagship product :)

Please keep this thread on topic.

... WOW

Posted Mon 31 Mar 14 @ 6:51 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
burnyabad wrote :
... WOW

I know, how dare we request that an official topic be kept on that topic.

Posted Mon 31 Mar 14 @ 6:56 pm
18%