Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Allow all decks as Linked Tracks SIDERECO SOURCE
Hello!

I am playing with the Related Tracks feature from EA 7881 and it is awesome! Thank you for implementing it.

I was wondering if it'd be possible to add "all decks" as a source option for the recommended tracks (current options are Active Deck and Browser). I think it'd be useful to be able to show the union of recommended tracks from all loaded decks, minus duplicates (I've actual been doing this myself with playlists referenced from song tags that get combined into the sidelist then duplicates removed as my own hack, but am looking forward to using this feature).

Thanks!

Posted Sat 10 Feb 24 @ 2:31 am
Not completely sure I understand what you are wishing.

Note: EA 7885 added a cover art drop down to allow one to create links. So if one had 4 decks loaded.. the 3 non-active decks could be Linked (as followings) to the active deck, using their cover art drop down menus.

-----------
And if you are saying you would like to additionally have the tracks that "also follow" say Track A, to be included, as say a new category, lets call it, "Similar" in addition to "Secondary", "Forward", "Backward".

Where "Similar" are those tracks that also follow the same track (similar tracks, because of that).

Example: Track A has tracks B, C, D, E as follows.
and would like to see those (siblings)

so, when playing track B... Linked Tracks, would list,
A as "Backward", (as it does now)
AND also show C, D, E as "Similar"

without the "Similar" list B would only have 1 link, A, as a Backward Link, thus loosing the associated "similar tracks to B:"
C, D, E, information.

I would love the option to enable the "Similar" tracks, to be shown also. (for those that would like that)
(the option could be enabled from the menu dot of Linked,
[ X ] Show Similar)

I would love to have the Similar option available also. If that is what your wish.

PS
more info here:
https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/223743/General_Discussion/Script_School.html

and here:
https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/256826/VirtualDJ_Technical_Support/Related_Tracks_Feature__is_now_in_Early_Release.html

Posted Sat 10 Feb 24 @ 6:21 am
Hi DEEJAY,

I will try to explain better. I read through the second linked thread but did not find an answer. I'm not referring to creating new links, but instead selecting multiple decks as a source for which related tracks to show in the sideview panel. Currently, the only options are Active Deck and Browser (screenshot below). I am requesting an option for "All Decks".

For example, let's say song A is linked to X and Y, and song B is linked to Y and Z, and we have song A loaded in deck 1 and song B loaded in deck 2. Currently, there is no way to show linked tracks for both decks 1/2 simultaneously (which would show songs X Y and Z in this case).

Posted Sat 10 Feb 24 @ 4:01 pm
Oh yes.. understand perfectly now.. Awesome explanation !

I really Love the new Linked Tracks feature in VDJ.. and know it will become even better with user suggestions.

VDJ is the BEST !

Posted Sat 10 Feb 24 @ 5:22 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
If I was looking at it from an all decks perspective, I'd want to see duplicates. If it matches with both it would be a strong indicator.
The wish is the wish, if it isn't granted you could send Linked output(s) to sidelist with script.

Posted Sat 10 Feb 24 @ 6:51 pm