Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Related Tracks Feature is now in Early Release - Page: 2
Im sorry everybody but "to me" this is horrible. It might be my library but it isnt anywhere as good as Locos Filtermaid. Sometimes nothing is shown but when it does the songs are not compatible with what is playing. Lot of kinks to work out.

Posted Wed 07 Feb 24 @ 3:19 pm

It can be as simple as this.

Posted Wed 07 Feb 24 @ 3:21 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
Im sorry everybody but "to me" this is horrible. It might be my library but it isnt anywhere as good as Locos Filtermaid. Sometimes nothing is shown but when it does the songs are not compatible with what is playing. Lot of kinks to work out.

Not exactly sure which feature you are talking about.
The linked tracks feature simply shows tracks that you manually linked to other tracks, so if they don't match it's because you added that track.

Posted Wed 07 Feb 24 @ 3:59 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
@adion "filtermaid" is a one off sticky variant, but instead of being track location focused, it uses manually added grouping keywords to make a filter.

Grouping might look like this
funky drummer sample;'90s hiphop;car themed lyrics;

and the created filter will be
grouping contains "funky drummer sample" or grouping contains "'90s hiphop" or grouping contains "car themed lyrics"

not as straight forward to sell as linking to all users because all the work is adding bespoke keywords yourself, and keywords have to be carefully chosen to prevent being too generic.

Posted Wed 07 Feb 24 @ 5:53 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
Works Perfect, Thank You :)

Posted Wed 07 Feb 24 @ 7:27 pm
@Djratedxxx919
You show a screenshot where there are 3 ways to find Matches.. (spoiler... VDJ has it ALL)

1st) AutoMatch VDJ has amazing Automatch features to find same BPM, Keyed, Genres with its amazing Filters, Quick Filters, and Color rules. Don't believe any other DJ software comes close to having this flexibility and precision. With multiple quick filters one can dial in exactly the track one is looking for, this genre, this year, and bpm range of ... key match range... was recently added in last 30 days ...etc
thats 5 buttons on a lunchpad to dial in exactly what is wanted at the moment. So amazing and fast.

2nd) History Match VDJ has History Match, using your play lists to recommend next. As mentioned by Adion earlier in this thread:
Adion wrote :
Recommendations based on your history are available through 'Recommended Next', and selecting 'Local', as they have been for a long time.

3rd) Manual Match this is NOW the feature added.. that allows one to manually Match (LINK) tracks together. Before if one found a track that sounded perfect.. when it follows, one would need to make a note in comments, or on a piece of paper, try to remember, or more recently use Locodog's sticky to remember which track sounded perfect as a "follow".
Now VDJ has made this SO SIMPLE, when you are playing, and find that amazing track, and want to mark it as an amazing "follow".... Just click the cover art and choose "Mark Linked" ... ITs THAT EASY. .... VDJ will determine the "Follow" by ordered played. ITS JUST ONE CLICK.
(so cover art on either deck can be clicked)

Then use the Sideview > Linked Tracks tab to recall those amazing finds you have saved.

But that's not all.. it will also show the backward links and also the Secondary links (links to links) and each is labeled ..
Simply Awesome .. so love it !

VDJ has it ALL and with more flexibility !
AMAZING ! !

If there is something specific that you would love, here is the place, now is the time, to mention.

Posted Wed 07 Feb 24 @ 8:05 pm
My post shows it streamed line where it just takes one page so that's less switching views. There are 4 views and to see each you have to click the circle and switch to the view you want. But if the views are placed as a list like in the picture just makes it easier.
Im also noticing the options not populating and if it does the tracks are not matching in BPM or key.
Im asking for a way to choose how it matches because everybody doesn't use the same library structure.

Posted Thu 08 Feb 24 @ 1:53 am
See how filtermaid is populated but

Recommended next is not, why isnt it being populated

Posted Thu 08 Feb 24 @ 2:01 am
You have selecccted "Recommended Next" on sideview.
"Recommended Next" can work either via internet (what other play after the track you play) or via local search (what you usually play)
For the function to work via internet it needs: a) to be connected on the internet and b) to have played a track long enough so that it gets marked as "played"
For the function to work locally it needs a) to have played the track long enough so that it gets marked as "played", b) to have your history files present on the system, and c) the track in question to have been played at least once and therefore logged in the history among other files.

From your screenshot, the track that's loaded on deck 1 has not been played enough to get marked as played, and therefore VirtualDJ does not search for a related track at this point.

Posted Thu 08 Feb 24 @ 3:27 am
I only use my library I never use online services.
Similar and recommended next arent giving good choices actually none really match

But FilterMaid gives numerous choices. Matching BPM and Key.

Posted Thu 08 Feb 24 @ 3:44 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
filterMaid [a one off sticky variant] is a lot more personal based on grouping contains keywords with a char delimiter to make it an || filter, with a bpm+key filter thrown on for good measure.

Linked tracks is more like a playlist looker upper/cross referencer, it doesn't use real playlists but the act of linking is very much like a playlist of 2.

Dynamic TAG contains keyword filtering, with bpm+key filter, is a pretty powerful filter type so it's bound to give more variety, BUT it's a hard sell to most users, most users haven't extensively tagged grouping, most don't only work out of filters.

Linked, recommended, filterMaid they all do the same thing when looked at from a distance, but looking closely they all work differently and need different inputs, and the quality of the output is a product of the work user does on the inputs.

If linked is well received then maybe the devs will look deeper into other methods for association,
to be fair filtering has seen a steady amount of love since; geniusdj, myLibrary, then quickfilters, suggestions, then script in filters, now Linked. So there's signs filtering is already a part of planned development.

@XXX if you want to point out what you like about filterMaid compared to other stuff, you have to explain what it is and how it does what it does, because only you and I know it exists.

you've got the thing you spent years tagging for, years thinking on, that you specified That I spent time making just for you, it's bound to work better for you than something that has been rolled out for everybody.

Posted Thu 08 Feb 24 @ 4:58 am
@Loco What I like about FilterMaid is it keeps the choices with-in key and +/-5bpm difference able to use my library structure of grouping so the choices match the music Im playing. Thats why I said the options to match should be user definable. So it can be adapted to the users library structure. The only option I like from the link tracks option is the recommended next which is great for online services. Similar tracks should be handled like AutoMatch based on user-defined options from tags similar to locos filtermaid(work with him). Linking tracks seems to work once you get the hang of it. Also putting them all on one page makes everything less confusing.

Posted Thu 08 Feb 24 @ 7:57 am
SepatroPRO InfinityMember since 2019
I have been playing now for some time with this new feature, and this is absolutely great. I use it extensively for manually adding links - exactly what I needed. Thanks VDJ-team!

Posted Sat 10 Feb 24 @ 10:50 am
@djratedxxx919 you seem to be confusing matching and linking.

Linking the tracks (this new feature) is not about matching them. A DJ can link any track to any other that they want to. It doesn't need to match or be compatible (be in the same key/tempo/genre etc).

Posted Sat 10 Feb 24 @ 5:42 pm
Im just calling this whole feature "Linked tracks"

Posted Sat 10 Feb 24 @ 7:14 pm
Man I asked for this a while back in the wishlist forum. This is a dream come true...VDJ is legit implementing EVERYTHING I need to streamline my workflow and let me concentrate on mixing my way through a mix instead of trying to remember a bunch of stuff while trying to hold the mix together. LOVE it...

One question. Is there a way to move the linked tracks in the sideview to the bottom (currently I can only set ShowHorizontalSideList to yes, but I can't figure out whether I can have the linked tracks show in that area).

Thanks again for listening to the users!!!

Posted Sat 10 Feb 24 @ 10:56 pm
In the latest update (7903) the choice of adding the "Master channel "was taken away for me.
Think it was on top in the browser.
It was the way to really see the master file that we choose to add the other files too.
Only seeing "active deck" now and and cant point it to the "local files" to add my own choices the way I did in the version before in the "show tracks linked to the playing song"
It shows a lot of songs that is not added by my self and I just want to use this with my own choices ;)
Am I the only one having this Issue ?
See the Picture..

Posted Thu 15 Feb 24 @ 4:54 pm
This picture is from version 7885
And

Posted Thu 15 Feb 24 @ 5:26 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
'Active Deck' is the same selection as when 'deck' was shown before.
From your first picture I can't see if you scrolled up to the top of the list, but normally it should show a header 'No Linked tracks' still if there are no linked tracks.

New is a header 'History', after which automatically found tracks are shown based on your history.

Posted Thu 15 Feb 24 @ 5:32 pm
Adion wrote :
'Active Deck' is the same selection as when 'deck' was shown before.
From your first picture I can't see if you scrolled up to the top of the list, but normally it should show a header 'No Linked tracks' still if there are no linked tracks.

New is a header 'History', after which automatically found tracks are shown based on your history.

It doesnt behave like I like it to do.
I can not see any header "No linked tracks" or history settings.
And "Linked Tracks" is showing all wrong files (see the first picture and you see all kinds of BPM and wrong matchings) that I have not linked by my own as I would like to be able to choose.

Posted Thu 15 Feb 24 @ 6:21 pm
62%