Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Pioneer DDJ-FLX10 Virtual DJ Support? - Page: 8
Hi,
The Vu-meter have a scale to low.... not like Rekordbox. (Rekordbox it's 3 DBFS per light, not 1 dBfs per light...)

so i've found a fix :

<map value="VU_METER" action="get_level &amp; param_pow 0.4 " />

i add param_pow 0.4

-> great FLX10 meter display more like Rekordbox scale......
and still max - 1 DBFS value, last light to avoid clip. (I check with calibrated dBfs 1000 Hz test tone, with auto gain disable, and different headroom (zero dB option)

Please add this in default FLX10 mapping, it would be better for all users.....
(The defaut Vu meter was too low to low, not like Pioneer Rekordbox scale....)

Posted Fri 28 Apr 23 @ 10:55 am
oeuro5PRO InfinityMember since 2006
djjoe21 wrote :
Am I understanding correctly the onboard mixer FX will NOT work with the DDJ-FLX10?

I just want to 100% clear.

Thanks

Same question here. Any way to use all on-board Color FX and Beat FX instead of software FX? That's a big deal breaker for me. DDJ-1000 SRT on board FX work beautifully.

Posted Fri 28 Apr 23 @ 12:28 pm
oeuro5 wrote :
djjoe21 wrote :
Am I understanding correctly the onboard mixer FX will NOT work with the DDJ-FLX10?
Thanks

Same question here. Any way to use all on-board Color FX and Beat FX instead of software FX? That's a big deal breaker for me. DDJ-1000 SRT on board FX work beautifully.

There are no hardware FXs on the unit - it can only trigger software FXs
It's actually already mentioned in this post:

Posted Fri 28 Apr 23 @ 12:55 pm
hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006

Posted Fri 28 Apr 23 @ 2:40 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
djtrotty wrote :
Hi all, know it’s only just been released as on the test build for VDJ, does anybody know if the FLX10 has the hardware mixer option (the 1000-srt has is as well as the rx3) wanted to check this did the same before purchasing.

djjoe21 wrote :

Thanks

DDJ-FLX10 is a SOFTWARE (MIDI) mixer with SOFTWARE EFFECTS (Both in Rekordbox and Serato modes) and therefore it's mapped as such in VirtualDJ as well.

not to sound dumb, but if i use the effects. not for stems but just tracks using the dials and the blue button. like for flanger, or spiral or whatever. it will do something. i wanted hardware effects. and digital dj tips maybe should have said this before touting it as the best vdj controller of the year.

but as long as i dont have to fiddle like lets say a denon mc7000. ala traktor style i will be ok. i heard the unit SOUNDS good. thats what i really care about.

Posted Fri 28 Apr 23 @ 3:01 pm
dj kkfmPRO InfinityMember since 2023
The default factory mapping has 2 entries for the QUANTIZE key. One has the `beat_tap` action and the other has the `quantize_all` action. Perhaps one of these should be SHIFT_QUANTIZE?

Posted Fri 28 Apr 23 @ 3:08 pm
5 Best VirtualDJ Controllers 2023

5 Best VirtualDJ Controllers 2023
1. Pioneer DJ DDJ-FLX10

Pioneer DJ’s flagship controller has lots of dedicated stems controls on it. They are designed to work with Rekordbox and Serato, the two programs that are supplied with the DDJ-FLX10 – but as usual, it didn’t take VirtualDJ long to have its own mapping available for the FLX10. And it turns out that it’s a great one.

And here’s the thing: VirtualDJ has far better sounding real-time stems than Rekordbox as of now, and it also offers more flexibility in the way users can work with stems than Serato – so users who want really great sounding stem separation, with lots of choice as to how those stems are utilised, now have the option of doing that using VirtualDJ, with probably the most important new DJ controller on the market for the past few years.

slaps phil morse. i am not mat at vdj. but "forgetting" to mention its software effects is kind of a big deal. we will see. mine wont come for another month.

Posted Fri 28 Apr 23 @ 3:22 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
hh73 wrote :

not to sound dumb, but if i use the effects. not for stems but just tracks using the dials and the blue button. like for flanger, or spiral or whatever. it will do something. i wanted hardware effects. and digital dj tips maybe should have said this before touting it as the best vdj controller of the year.

I really dont see how an excellent choice for a VirtualDJ Stems controller has to have Hardware Effects.
What if such a controller (like the Rane Four) has Effects that you don't like and prefer some other ? Should the amount/quality of Effects make you choose one or the other ?

And again, it's Pioneer who decided to make the FLX10 with software Effects (and probably reduce the cost ? ) , so nothing we can do about, other than improving our own Effects (which we constantly do)

Posted Fri 28 Apr 23 @ 3:29 pm
dj kkfm wrote :
The default factory mapping has 2 entries for the QUANTIZE key. One has the `beat_tap` action and the other has the `quantize_all` action. Perhaps one of these should be SHIFT_QUANTIZE?

Good catch, fixed already in default mapping , just restart VirtualDJ EA

Posted Fri 28 Apr 23 @ 3:34 pm
djdad wrote :
hh73 wrote :

I really dont see how an excellent choice for a VirtualDJ Stems controller has to have Hardware Effects.
What if such a controller (like the Rane Four) has Effects that you don't like and prefer some other ? Should the amount/quality of Effects make you choose one or the other ?

And again, it's Pioneer who decided to make the FLX10 with software Effects (and probably reduce the cost ? ) , so nothing we can do about, other than improving our own Effects (which we constantly do)

im not blaming vdj or you guys. but the site that reviewed it. and yes, tbh i always preferred hardware effects no matter. ever hear the denon (before the prime effects) the dnx 1700 isnt even supported by vdj. and i works with vdj with the effects. but the vdj effects have improved enough so that its not a dealbraker for me. im not effects crazy. i just use the simple ones.

it was just a pricey unit. and they just (digital dj tips) forgot a vital part a lot of people would card about. traktors software effects sound great. but the workflow of traktor and stability still keeps me with vdj.

its not on you. sorry if i came across that way.

Posted Fri 28 Apr 23 @ 3:41 pm
djdad wrote :
hh73 wrote :

reduce the cost? it was 1700 euros! lol. stems are cool and all. but most controllers can implement that with a fast enough system

pioneer is nuts now. a 400 controller i bought new. years ago. is now not discontinued anymore. and going for close to 1400 euros.

Posted Fri 28 Apr 23 @ 3:44 pm
btw was just playing around with stems on a mc6000mk2. NOW i see why this stem thing is a big deal. lol

really dope. i thought stems where something completely different

Posted Fri 28 Apr 23 @ 3:52 pm
I haven't tried this yet, but according to the FLX10 manual, the unit does have have hardware effects that are applied to signals from sources plugged into the line in inputs on the back of the deck. Stems don't work in that case, but standard filter and echo and such should work. So if you plug in a turntable or CDJ you can still get some mixer based effects.

But...maybe I'm misunderstanding the manual.

Posted Fri 28 Apr 23 @ 4:03 pm
dj kkfm wrote :
I haven't tried this yet, but according to the FLX10 manual, the unit does have have hardware effects that are applied to signals from sources plugged into the line in inputs on the back of the deck. Stems don't work in that case, but standard filter and echo and such should work. So if you plug in a turntable or CDJ you can still get some mixer based effects.

But...maybe I'm misunderstanding the manual.

maybe they mean from another review i read. you cant apply like color effects to stems while playing.

either way. as long as it sounds good. and doesnt have that pesky djm 800 bug where you could not use headphones with the master volume turned down to listen to normal music using vlc or aimp. meaning not in a dj software. i use my pc as my sterio. dont want to use another soundcard. some ddjs have this weird issue. most dont

Posted Fri 28 Apr 23 @ 4:16 pm
When using split headphones on the FLX10, is there a way to adjust the volumes of the master and cue channels independently? I'm finding the cue channel is much louder. I was hoping the Headphones Mix knob would take care of it, but both are on the cue side of the knob.

Posted Fri 28 Apr 23 @ 5:18 pm
djdad wrote :
Factory default mapping ?

If not, add these lines to your custom one..
<map value="MIC_REVERB" action="var '$micreverb'" />
<map value="MIC_REVERB_LEVEL" action="var '$micreverblevel'" />

no, still no mic reverb ( EA 7539 mac even with reinstall and remap)

Posted Fri 28 Apr 23 @ 5:28 pm
Sorry, forgot to submit an edit. Should be good now in Build 7539.1955
You will have to restart EA to get the latest silent controllers update (.1955)

Posted Fri 28 Apr 23 @ 5:54 pm
djdad wrote :
Sorry, forgot to submit an edit. Should be good now in Build 7539.1955
You will have to restart EA to get the latest silent controllers update (.1955)

i will try, tonight.

Anyway, incredible fast support. Incredible team :)

Posted Fri 28 Apr 23 @ 6:33 pm
[quote=olivier REMUX]Hi,
The Vu-meter have a scale to low.... not like Rekordbox. (Rekordbox it's 3 DBFS per light, not 1 dBfs per light...)

so i've found a fix :

Incredible team :

they have fixed with new default script :
setting 'zerodb' 'default' ? get_level_log : setting 'zerodb' '-1db' ? get_level_log : setting 'zerodb' '-3db' ? get_level_log -3 : setting 'zerodb' '-6db' ? get_level_log -9 : setting 'zerodb' '-9db' ? get_level_log -12 : setting 'zerodb' '-12db' ? get_level_log -15

very good work (do the same for the DDJ1000 mapping vu meter -> it was the same problem :) )

incredible and Bravo :)

Posted Fri 28 Apr 23 @ 6:46 pm
Hello
Virtual Dj is not detecting on lunch my ddj flx10 and I don't see the flx10 square inside the audio setup to click on it.
I installed the latest driver and Firmware and I installed the latest virtual dj too.
Windows 10 pro, I5-6300HQ,16GB,64-Bit.
Please help
Thank you

Posted Fri 28 Apr 23 @ 7:29 pm
70%